Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! November - December

Message 51 of 90

@catwoman500 

In cold weather pretty much used to everyone being warmer than me. Presently 21* feels like 14* just a little bit of wind and flurry action.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to 40* for freaky weather, filled my wood box at 5* last night.

Needs to thaw before burning, a couple of hours should do it.

Re:the peachy thing may end up with roundups on Colbert show.

Or Cspan2 tomorrow.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 90

Good Morning, Porch Peeps,

We have a bright and sunny day here. At 8 AM the temp was 19 and the wind chill was 10, so we are warmer than you, @Frozenoem . Right now it is all the way to 28 and feeling like 18.

I'm not going anywhere either. Hairdresser cancelled my appointment for this AM...she fell down her basement steps and is still not back to normal yet. OUCH!

Happy about the "peachy" thing that is starting today, but not interested enough to watch.

Definitely need more coffee!

Stay warm!

turkey in coffee.gifAhhhhh!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 90

Morning Wednesday 17* Windy and sunny -2* windchill day, just started fire.

Made coffee Dunkin luxury and watching Impeachment hearings.

Hope all are enjoying the day, I'm attempting to stay in and get somethings done.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 90

Good morning, All,

Wow...what a change in the weather. A real roller coaster ride. Yesterday I had a few windows open for a while. Hope all the veterans had a wonderful day.

Woke up today and it was still 50 with rain. As I was getting ready to go to the post office it started to flurry. It did make me smile because I know it's not going to stick. It's very windy and in just a few hours it has dropped to 34 and feels like 25. It will only get lower during the day.

I got my parka ready to wear out to lunch. Brrr! Found my cane spike and attached it so I'm ready just in case.

"Feels like" temps tomorrow AM will be 0-15 degrees in this area! Temperature records will be broken!

So glad there is coffee in the world!

share the coffee.pngThank you, Coffee!

You all hang in there! N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 90

Morning all, It seems to be snowing up here, confusing weather reports.

Think I'm getting another 5-8" before it ends, and gets colder around 9*, presently 21*.

I'll play outside later today, need to test snowblower out, after it stops snowing.

Yep, still get excited with first snowfall, round about the 10-15 foot mark it WILL become will this never end🤣.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 90

It's still snowing................

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 90

Image result for beautiful photos of coffee and pastries

Good morning, Front Porchers!

Coffee, coffee, coffee.  There!  I have spoken my To Do List for today.  Smile.  Really though, I am awake and up and counting my blessings this day.  And most importantly since it is Veterans' Day, I am thinking of our veterans and am thankful for their service and sacrifice.  

For those who were drafted during our past wars..."Thank You!"  And for those who gave of themselves and voluntarily joined to keep our land safe and free..."Thank You!"  And for those men and women who are right now defending America at home and abroad, I say to them..."Thank You All!" I'm truly glad there are folks out there who are willing to do the thing I could not/cannot do.  

To my uncle Lee who served some eleven years in the army and is now long gone and to all vets everywhere, I say simply...

Image result for images of veterans day

Happy V-D Peepers!!!

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 90

veterans-day-thank-you.jpg

Veterans Day is on Monday, Nov. 11th and honors the nation’s estimated 18.2 million veterans who have served in the U.S. military. The federal holiday dates back to World War I. There are ceremonies and parades across the country and several discounts offered to veterans on Veterans Day.

Here’s what you need to know Veterans Day Was Created After World War I and Is Held On Nov. 11 Because the War Ended on the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month.

World War I, known as “the war to end all wars,” officially ended on Nov. 11, 1918. More specifically, it ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

Nov. 11 was proclaimed Veterans Day by President Woodrow Wilson and was originally called Armistice Day, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs. In 1954, after the United States fought in World War II and the Korean War, the name of the holiday was changed to Veterans Day under President Dwight Eisenhower.

12196253_10207968341115970_7513715175369401067_n (1).jpg70315517_2493210224089162_5160943770727874560_n.jpg1278px-World_War_I_veteran_Joseph_Ambrose,_86,_at_the_dedication_day_parade_for_the_Vietnam_Veterans_Memorial_in_1982.jpgFB_IMG_1541972581055.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 90

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch on this Sunday afternoon in November 2019! 

Our high temp yesterday was 43* and most of our last snow fall is just about.

Today we should reach the up 30's than only temps in the mid 20's for a few days.

We are watching the Chicago Bears vs the Detroit Lions game. We are hoping to see The Packers beat up on the Panthers. I enjoyed the pregame tributes to my fellow Veterans today by the NFL teams.

The photo of the cardinals here is like what we are seeing outside our livingroom window today. 

Hoping everyone has a great week ahead. 

74956750_1538327109667928_5513479745855029248_n.jpgFB_IMG_1540218950230.jpgFB_IMG_1483066955801.jpggood-week_012 (1).jpg74893787_787667545012344_7119981004151848960_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 90

Happy Saturday, Everyone,

Looks like I can reply again.

@n566192l ...When I was a kid, our street was 3 blocks long with us at one end and the beer/soda distributor at the other end next to the penny candy/handipped ice cream/ newsstand store. I remember going with my dad, only on special occasions, like before Christmas to get soda and beer to have on hand. We hardly ever had soda in the house.

@Frozenoem ...This is unbelievable! I sure hope the 3rd time is the charm and you finally get to your appointment!

@DaveMcK ...Thanks for the tip on saved drafts!

It is very cold today (for this area at this time of the year) The high is 41, right now, feeling like 37, and when I woke up this AM it was 27. Had to get my gloves out.

Take care everyone!

gloves and coffee.pngYep, it's glove time. And it's always coffee time!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season