Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! November - December CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! November - December CLOSED

Good Morning to the Front Porch and Welcome to November 2019 Goodbye October. 

Hoping everyone has a great First Day November. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm late again 40* and semi-sunny, finally looking at frosty overnight temps in the teens to 20's.

Candy corn not for me. My requirements need to be something I'll like if no treats given. No T or Treaters came, Almond Joys open season.

Filled my wood box, and water jugs for steam pots. Last night was 15* and I like woodstoves. Lost power 50 times morning, noon, evening. Wood heat kept on giving👍.The furnace not so much👎.

Now, I need to check some hard drives and an android driven over by accident last night, someone seems to have taken their car for a quick dip in swamplands. The hard drives were hit by power surges, lot to be said for UPS'es for orderly shutdown and real surge protection.

Hope y'all enjoy the seasonal change.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for animated snowfall

Good morning, Everybody!
What with the rain and cold and threat of snow, I guess by now we've all been chased inside from off our front porches. Every day here the weatherman takes to the TV screen with his broad, toothy grin all while gleefully predicting the next storm of rain or snow. Ugh! But alas, this is too be expected in winter even if we're supposed to be yet in Fall.

I had been waiting for a warmer and drier day to rake the leaves, but now I think I've missed my window as we've been warned that inches, not just a dusting, of snow is on it's way and may even be upon us. I won't know what is outside until I leave work in the next hour or so. Crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes that the weather-watcher, grinchy, forecaster proves untrue. I'm already jonesing for the rays and heat of summer and we all know that now is months away.

@DaveMcK I loved you colorful Halloween pics. But since......

Image result for animated halloweenHalloween is over and the goblins have all been pacified and satisfied with bags and pillowcases full of candies and treats, I guess the sellers of goods will now press us all toward the next big holiday--Thanksgiving and even onward to Christmas as I've seen how Home Depot has already fully decorated with Christmas items for sale.  Every season and holiday it seems is pushed into the next.  And while some people may say they can't wait, I just want to slow down a bit and just kinda mosey into my remaining days.  Time seems to be going way too fast as it is.  So I am more inclined to just ooze through my days as much as life and my own To Do List will let me.  Smile.

@Frozenoem, I hope and pray you are set for winter with enough wood, supplies, and whatever other comforts you may need to get through.  I hope sooner than later the doctors find out what ails you and can do something to help alleviate your discomforts.  In the meantime, stay warm and dry.

@catwoman500,  I loved your little cartoons.  Funny! And would have loved to seen you in your skelton earrings.  Although, honestly I probably would have thought you just a wee bit strange and only observed you from a distance off to the side.  

@n566192l, I hope the solution given resolves your bomber bird situation before they crack a window.  And @LaDolceVita I hope you can find a good respite for your momma so you can do a little R & R on you!

And as for me,  I'll be winging my way home soon and when I get there, I intend to...

Related image

and then.....................

Related image

for the rest of the day.

Everybody be well, warm, safe, and have a great weekend!

The End.
Lydia

Trusted Social Butterfly

Well, Peeps, Happy Novenber!

I'm not sure how much longer we can keep dodging these bullets, but it seems we lucked out again here while surrounding areas took a severe pounding last night.

All was fine for the trick or treaters as the rain stopped long enough for a good 3 hours of dryness. I had 50 kids come to the door and they wiped me out. Had to close shop at 8:00.

Then we started to get the blow by blow storm and tornado warnings. I should not have watched the news while waiting for The Tonight show. I never got to see it as they continued with the minute by minute weather.

At one point they said at 11:46 PM the storm will get to....and with that, the storm hit with incredible winds. The sound was awful. Just then they said the tornado warning was over and within about 15 minutes the storm moved on. Well, this morning, the power outages were extensive and the 2 closest school districts were closed and train service to Philly was suspended. Trees were down all over nearby areas. I was amazed that we didn't lose power. My friend one mile away still has no power tonight, and another about 10 miles away said they may not get theirs back until Monday!

I need to try to get some chairs back on the deck, but other than that, I seem to have no damage.

Yesterday it was in the 70's and today although bright and sunny, it didn't get out of the 50's. Freeze warning for tonight.

Whew! Hope everyone is safe and sound tonight. N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy November, everybody.  We, here in middle Georgia. have had another of our famous roller-coaster weather changes.  A friend posted on Facebook that we wnet from flip-flops to Uggs in a matter of hours on October 31.  We woke up to temperatures in the 30's yesterday after lows in the 60's the day before.  Storms had been predicted, but those didn't come, thankfully.  I have officially put away my summer leggings and put on my warmer pants, thus marking my own change of season.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Friday morning of November 2019. 

Affects Most of the US

On November 3, the time will change in almost all of the United States.

Only the following areas do not change their clocks:

72474897_2648759165146402_1267983536732766208_o.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Morning all awoke to the sounds of silence, not a fan or sound other than winds blowing against the windows.

Trees seem to have fallen about town, including across the street.

40 foot of pine being cleaned up and new wire being run. Missed their house and cars but, only by feet.

@LydiaN586309 

Hear you on the mulching or leaves, mine had been done.SMH. But, then 50-60 mph gusts came through, now I seem to have Oak, maple, etc all over the yard and my nemesis Acorn's.

When the gusts stop guess I'll play again, until then nada.And I don't think I'm doing other than coffee for now, power keeps going bye, bye.

The good news on DST is your phones, and computers will magically show the correct time, if you forget to "fall" back.

48* and sunny but Windy.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP