Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018

Message 71 of 160

Hope Everyone is doing well on Our Front Porch!

But first of all,  I must ask "How is our friend Frozenoem doing?"   I haven't seen her post here for over a week now.  I know there were/are some health issues, but does anyone know if everything is okay with Frozenoem?  And if you are reading this Froze...  and just don't feel like writing,  just know you are in my thoughts and prayers and I truly hope you feel better soon.  Write when you're up to it.  Stay warm and Godspeed!

It's was 19 degrees when I stepped outside this morning.  I hauled out my gathered recycling items to the garage where the recycling bin is.  It was c-o-l-d, but thankfully there was and is no snow--just frost on the roof and the car and on the still green grass.    Also, I am happy to report that on yesterday the roofers began work on the replacement of my garage roof.  Oh, what a mess it was.  You see, once they took off all of the old, warped shingles, they found much of the plywood underneath had been seriously damaged (waterlogged and covered in mold) and thus had to be replaced all together.  In some areas, there were actual gaping holes in the wood.   I watched from the warmth of my bedroom window as the pulled up and tore off about ten or twelve sheets of damp moldy plywood.  Much of the garage roof was gone--open to the rafters.  But they replaced all of those areas with good new wood and then put on that black roof sheating material all over the roof.  After working about six hours straight in the freezing cold, they stopped as the dim of night was quickly falling.  So work will resume today I hope.  If not, I'm sure by tomorrow I will have a brand spanking new roof that will match the one I had done on my house a few years ago.  Yay!  Yippee!

So for all of Our Front Porchers,  stay warm and be good to good ol' irreplaceable YOU!!!

Lydia

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 160

Cold and raining in NW Georgia this morning.  Two occasions to wear long johns already this year.   Might be a cold winter but hopefully we will skip the snow and ice we had last year.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 160

@2Papa wrote:

Well have to get used to writing and saying 2019.  I usually catch on by mid March

@well @2Papa,  remember how our elementary teachers used to make us write repetitiously on the blackboard..."I will not speak out of turn" or whatever?  And that repetition stuck 'cause we didn't do that "thing" (whatever it was) again.  So in keeping with the time-tested remedial teaching methods of the past, here goes:

That should do it!  I'm ready for 2019.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 160

Boy o boy, do I wish I had this little fella's enthusiasm this morning or any morning for that matter!  At least I'm grateful that I'm awake and obviously up, but the only thing moving on me right now is my fingers (type, type, type).  Guess a hot cup of coffee will get me up and runnin'!

Ooooo weeee, there's a chill in the air.  Naw, it's down right cold here!  20 degrees with a big high of  33  expected later.  They say the sun will be out most of the day, but it hasn't made an appearance yet. But I am hopeful cuz even if it's freezing outside, the sunshine always makes me feel just a little bit better. You?  

Anyway Front Porchers,  the day is young and hopefully we can fill it up doin' whatever we may enjoy!   So to one and all I wish you a very...........

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 160

Well have to get used to writing and saying 2019.  I usually catch on by mid March.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 160

Hey, Dave!

Congrats on your 75th birthday the other day.  

Happy Belated Birthday anyway!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 160

Greetings All,

Dave and Lyndia Love your pictures on your posts. 

Just cold and overcast in New Jersey. Well and true form, the large tree that is in my front yard,  still has some leaves on it. My little Town send's around this sucker truck for the leaves. last day for this service for the leaves to be placed on the curb is December 15th. I remain hopeful that my tree will drop all its leaves by then.  Very nice service, no more bagging up the leaves, just have to get the 🌲 to cooperate. Please be safe and careful.     Nancy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 160

Catwoman500

I love your greeting... Porch Peeps.

Just very cold in New Jersey today. But the wind has stopped. I do see reports of Snow. Please everyone be safe

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 160

Good morning to everyone out there on the Front Porch! Our temps will be in the upper 20's for several days with little chance snow for a while. Last night Mary took me out for my 75th birthday dinner. Which ended with my favorite desert, chocolate lava cake and a cup of coffee!

FB_IMG_1544024134413.jpgFB_IMG_1481480511669.jpgflemings-chocolate-lava-cake.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 160

Good morning, Front Porchers!

It's cold (27 degrees), but sunny here today.  Thinking about taking in an early morning movie today.  But maybe I'll give into the call of the still warm bed I just left behind. Smile.

Anyway, last night the weatherman said we'd have snow today.  So as I staggered out to the living room and peeked through the blinds,  I was pleasantly surprised to find sunny skies and dry ground and not one flake of snow.  If the open and blue skies hold,  maybe the wintery mix predicted will veer away from here. Happy, happy! Joy, joy!

How's everyone?  It's been kinda quiet on Our Front Porch.  Hope all is well out there.  Just check in when y'all can.

Ciao,

Lydia

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.