Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

1 View
Message 1 of 165

Hi there, Everyone,

Haven't been here for a day or so...been building my ark! (JK) Geeze! The rain has been bad here the last 2 days. Woke me around 4 AM and then of course the sump pump in the basement (right under my bedroom) kept doing its job every 5 seconds! I was afraid it was going to wear out. A little after 5AM the rain subsided as the storm moved elsewhere. Didn't get back to sleep for a long time though.

Without the pool to catch all the rain, I had water retention in places that never "puddled" before.

@Frozenoem ...love the canoe and its occupants. Many people could have used that canoe in certain areas around here last night. Lots of water evacuations...especially in NJ. How about you, @n566192l ...did you make out OK?

Today is the last day for this annoying weather (so they say). We should have a nice weekend with low humidity! YAY!

Hope you all are having nicer weather! N.

coffee and umbrella.jpgdrip drip drip

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 165

Upright before noon 64* fog burning off, to rain showers.

Feel another day away from clearing all of side yard, when younger 300’ run of fence seems manageable, now not so much.

Had to go Rangeley earlier this am, just got back. Saw these 4 lying down in a Rangeley and thought you might like.

There is a town and a lap-strake boat, both called same, it’s not a canoe per se.

8EB28368-55AD-4EA1-A13B-12880A508F69.jpegBeen a might wet, up here.

Enjoy the day.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 165

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this rainy day here in Madison!

Monday was a great day for golf and the weather was great. I also had my best round of the season. Hoping the weather turns out to be as forecasted for golf tomorrow. Also I have harvest the back lawn tomorrow. 

62035939_2776527999029269_7491881535117721600_n.jpg155897_517931238253210_1854892983_n.jpgturned-railings-round-porch.jpgC-Walkers.gif

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 165

Amen.

Think my bush hog and chainsaws will remain parked today.

If you can’t finish the yards , just take a break. As long as your mower deck can be raised or mower , it’s all good.

Three days later mines almost mowed. Just need to remember to lower those notches when done.

76* sunny and black fly stage.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 165

Image result for good morning with coffeeGood morning, Front Porchers!

I don't want to jinx myself by talking about the weather here.  But suffice-it-to-say, it's been dry for all of two days now and if I have any luck at all, it will hold long enough so I can at least mow my front and back yards.  And if my energy holds up, maybe I can tame by bushes with my brand new Hedge Hog (well that's what I call it) hedge trimmer.  I splurged and bought a heavy-duty trimmer because I have so many bushes and a couple of big pines that need some serious trimming.  So I'll have enough to keep me busy for a couple of days....if the weather stays in my favor that is.

A little prayer for all Our Front Porchers:

Hope everybody is doing okay and life isn't too demanding. But if you have to face some challenge today, may your abilities and energy be greater than the thing you have to face.  Amen.

Image result for inspirational best wishes for everyone

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 165

73* sunshine and a breeze, the humidity everyone else is getting, hasn’t arrived.

The joy of mountains, not yet!

Need to mow after caffeine hit, grass is almost at haying stage.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 165

Good Afternoon, Everyone

Cloudy here with high humidity making it feel very sticky at only 79 degrees. Storms due in later...probably when I'm either on my way or on my way home from dinner. Cat Sad

Trying not to use the AC...so far so good. A stormy week ahead in the forecast so not looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is safe and happy.

Porch purr.jpgPorch Purr

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 165

orig.jpegme & tractor

It was a beautiful 72 degree day at the homestead last week.   Since then we have entered warm & miserable, hovering below 90 for the next 10 days or so but muggy.   Two  and a half months to go before relief. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 165

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this 15th Day of June, 2019!

Happy Father's Day to all of the Fathers out there.

FB_IMG_1517687642676.jpg

fathers-day-2019_3.jpgFB_IMG_1508423858060.jpgMy Family 2018FB_IMG_1560612872740.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 165

Hi, Porch Peeps!

Another lovely day here although I can feel the heat rising. It's sunny and 77 here right now. I started my day off with coffee on the front porch in my PJ's. Luckily the lawn guys were here earlier this morning. They are 2 days behind becuase of the rain we have had.

After the coffee got my motor started, I got human and pulled the chairs and table for the far backyard patio slab from the shed, hosed them down, and carted them off to set them up.

Threw in a couple of small loads of wash, and dusted the front porch. By then it was time for more coffee on the porch.

Have an enjoyable day! N.

DSCN6837.JPGCoffee on my porch

Kudos
Views