Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

Message 121 of 192

It’s morning - y’all

49* and sunshine we may hope, temps in the 60’s later, and NO rain until tonight.

Need to feed the pup, and give her a walk/stagger, pure expresso day upcoming.

Buckle up looks like severe weather is coming for most all this year, climate change anyone.

Planting fields are still mud up here. So much for early corn.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 192

I’m late at 76* a first for the season, inhaled my first black fly of the 2-week season.

Might actually stop burning wood in another week. Waiting impatiently for Friday while off-loading some toys.

@LaDolceVita 

Understand bulk pickup do to a 2-year stint in Charlestown and a big-ish town of 10,000 pop. Down the road.

Up here it’s about the same bit for bulk, enlist strong bodies and haul to dump or transfer station.

Problem with one mans trash is another’s treasure, have scored some real treasures up here.

Time to charge batteries and re-treat my clothes (Permethrine) with flies come ticks, and the start of Heartgard, etc for Chell.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 192

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch this Monday afternoon! Our morning started out around 50, cloudy and some wind. We had a good turn out for league golf considering the weather. My final score turned out to be better than I thought it would be. You never know! Looking at rain for the next few days. 

Hoping everyone has a great week. 

As shown below our mother Cardinal has been feeding her newborn babies which has been very hard to get a picture of. 

porch-rails-102.jpg12188027_1654176298192331_2738131929033426772_o.jpgFB_IMG_1556898316488.jpgFB_IMG_1554515041902.jpgdaisy-flower-spring-marguerite-67857.jpeg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 192

No one in my neck of the woods has heard of bulk day.  Really.  People w/ large items living on acreage will either let the item sit or take it to a landfill eventually.  People not living on acreage, well they cannot let stuff sit on their property so they they dump it illegally.  Most of this dumping has stopped since our county has become populated or rather overpopulated.   We may not have dumping of trash (or unwanted pets) anymore but it has been replaced by constant traffic noise, lots of it.  It is a challenge to get my mail, only safe during low traffic hours. 

OK, no more compalaining, not even about high humidity & temps.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 192

Good Afternoon, Peeps!

@Frozenoem , @LaDolceVita ...Our little borough has bulk article pick up on the first and third Wednesday of each month. However, we have to go to Borough Hall to PURCHASE a permit in order to put large articles at the street!

And of course no empty paint cans, propane cylinders, TV's, computers, or other stuff of that ilk are allowed.

Getting warmer here...right now it's 80! It will probably go a bit higher. I can feel the humidity creeping in, too.

Finished my Ebay listings so now it's time to package my 2 sales for the post office tomorrow.

Have a pleasant day! N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 192

@LaDolceVita 

Geez, even in population 700, I know what bulk day is, the day to put big stuff on the curb.

But, no curb’s or pickup in the country. Took long enough to get bears from feasting at the transfer station, don’t want them dining on the streets.

@LydiaN586309 

People tend to get a Might testy towards weathermen with bad news up here🤣.

That’s all I’ll say about that.

Need to go play in the rain @50* but, tomorrow the mtns May hit 80*, or people will be upset at weatherpeople again.😎.

ps-why people may get upset @ meteorolgists, up the road.

7C87AE5A-A28E-4C99-BF13-FB0A46F4A2D7.jpegSugarloaf, ME

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 192

@n566192l  Bulk day?  You & Froze tend to come up w/ new phrases, haha.  I went on my day trip and my foot did very well.  I think its almost healed.  I must remember to do the heel lifts this AM.  I am hoping for a burst of energy pretty soon, not from coffee though.  I drank that much earlier in the day.  

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 192

Image result for good sunday morning

Good Morning Indeed, Good Peeps,

It is a beautiful and sunny morning here!  The weatherman has said we will get up to 80 degrees, but........with terrible impending storms later in the afternoon.  I don't know what is with this guy.  First, he promises great weather and right behind it, he's foretelling doom and gloom.  Well, at least it's not snow and temps of minus below zero.  So I guess I'm gonna be happy with the first part of the day and just accept whatever comes later.  Can't do anything about it anyway.  So I'm just happy to be!

Hey @n566192l Nancy!  Glad to hear about your good weather. Hope your Spring cleaning is going well and not too exhausting for you.  Me?  I started out with such great ambition.  But my get up and go, got up and went before I could get everything that needed doing done.  But  I'm determined and there's always tomorrow, next week, and so on.  Also, Image result for congrats

on your daughter Ashley's graduation and moving on into her life.  Wonderful for both you and her!!!  

@catwoman500 , @Frozenoem , and @MsStretch ,  I missed the Northern Lights and don't even know if they were visible in my area as I was working all night and unable to leave the building even to take a look up.  But wherever they were, I'm sure they were a sight to see.  At least last night, I was able to see and enjoy the brightest and fullest full moon ever.  Even could see the Man in the Moon for sure.Image result for image of the man in moon

@LaDolceVita , I noticed how you said you are not fond of carpet.  Well, I'm just the opposite.  Although, I like the look of wood floors (in other people's homes), I absolutely love the warmth and cushiony comfort of carpeting under foot especially on cold winter mornings.  But isn't it wonderful that we have a choice!?!

Carpeting: A favorite of puppies and babies too!

Morning, @DaveMcK!  As always, I love your colorful postings filled with equally interesting writings about your thoughts and experiences.  Just nice!

Anyway, Our Front Porchers!!!!  Be blessed and.....

Image result for be blessed and have a good weekend

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 192

Greatings,

Just a beautiful day here in New Jersey. Also, bulk weekend in my town. So, I am cleaning out the house and shed. Hope everyone is doing well and is safe. Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 192

Hi, All,

No northern lights visible here...at least when I checked there was nothing.I think I'm too close to highway lights, etc. I did see stars that one night,  but the sky seemed too bright to show anything exciting.

Another sunny day. It has been wonderful. It's 70 already and we may go up a few more degrees. Tomorrow it may reach 80.

Went out for breakfast with friends and it was nice to have the car windows down a bit and "blast" my Pink CD. Cat LOL

Tonight is dinner out and Game Night, so I need to get something done around here.

Enjoy the weekend!

Kudos
Views