Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

Message 71 of 205

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Friday of June! We have had temps in the mid 80's all week. I golfed 3 timed in the last 5 days. Great weather but the golfing could have been better. Hoping everyone has a great weekend. The lawn will not need mowing for a few days so I can stay out of the heat. 

Paratrooper Walter Hurd, 94, left, with another U.S. veteran who took part in D-Day operations, in Sainte-Mère-Eglise, where Mr. Hurd had been airdropped 75 years ago. Celebration of D- Day was yesterday June 6th on the 75th anniversary. 

National Doughnut Day, or National Donut Day — celebrated in the United States, is on the first Friday of June of each year, succeeding the Doughnut event created by The Salvation Armyin Chicago in 1938 to honor those of their members who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I. The holiday celebrates the doughnut. Many American doughnut stores offer free doughnuts on National Doughnut Day.

NationalDoughnutDay.jpgDoughnut_Dollies_1918_France.jpg

FB_IMG_1557926916121.jpg650x432xvictorian-porches-6.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LrLPS7QoRh.jpgB3-EE305_VETERA_M_20190604180418.jpg576234_517931228253211_1288680209_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 205

Good Morning, All,

Cloudy and comfortable here right now.

I need to get human and have more coffee. Maybe I'll start the weekend with a treat from Starbucks.

@LydiaN586309 ...sure wish I didn't hear about this being donut day. I'll try hard to forget that! Cat LOL

@Frozenoem ...cute moose! Cat Wink

Have a good weekend everyone!  N.

2 cat in coffee.jpgWhat? No donut?

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 205

Good morning, Front Porchers!!!

I don't know what the temp is gonna be today, but what I do know is today is National Donut Day!

Several places are giving away donuts today is honor of this great day.  So check out your local Krispy Kremes store, Dunkin Donuts, Walmart, or your favorite neighborhood donut shop to see what you delight you might add to your hot cuppa joe.  And enjoy!

Image result for have a good day with a cup of coffee

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 205

@catwoman500 

Looks like you have the ability to post pictures again, AARP gnomes have been at work secretly in the background.

Fixed one thing broke another, no link to messages, come to inbox😡.

Presently 76* and sunshine, even in Maine.Been up to here in Medical and will continue for another month, no 🤬 joy in Mudville.

Time to find charger for lawn mower, it’s getting deep outside.

354B5179-C085-4FA0-B32F-692C534228EA.jpegGo slow on roads if visiting New England

This little creature was standing along the road to home today surprise.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 205

Hey! I'm replying to my own post as I am amazed that the picture showed up!

I haven't been able to get any pictures on here in over a year so thought I'd just give it another try! What in the world???

Wonder if it's a fluke and I won't be able to do it again?????? N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 205

Good Afternoon, Peeps!

So hot and humid right now I'm not sure the porch would be fun. maybe later.

To celebrate getting it all done I went out and bought a hanging plant to brighten the porch.

My phone says it's 79 and feels like 81, but to me it seems warmer than that. Maybe because I just cooked up a big pot of veggies. Inside, my thermostat says 80. Hoping it cools off; I don't feel like turning on the AC yet.

Hope everyone is doing well. N.

cute coffee.pngTime for a boost!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 205

Image result for masculine good morning greetings

"Good morning, My Porch Peeps!"

Seems like Spring hasn't quite been able to shake Winter yet for many of us.  It's been a real tug of war with the temps (hot and cold and up and down). But at least we know, Summer is right around the bend.  Image result for pic fingers crossed@catwoman500 you kinda exhausted me with your porch prep and clean-up.  But I know it'll be nice to be able to sit out and relax in a spiffy space.  And @LaDolceVita you mentioned about the Coffee and Sweatpants cartoon in one of my posts.  It's a website that produces a lot of images regarding coffee and relaxation. Hence--coffee and sweatpants.  Speaking of which, here's a little story about a granny and her coffee:

Image result for coffee sayings greetings

Hope y'all had your first chuckle for the day.  And be sure to always check the bottom of your cup! smile

Related image

So.................

Image result for have the bestest day

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 205

@catwoman500 

Already had my brrr moment last night passing Mt. Washington it was snowing at the summit.

Spent morning wondering who called at 3:00a for appt,  Awoke from REM sleep,to private call and not a clue.

60* cloudy and gotta stagger, 

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 205

Tuesday greetings, All,

Seems odd to be saying, "Brrrrrr!" When I woke at 6 AM to bright sun it was 47! So glad I shut all the windows last night. Still debating when to take the electric blanket off the bed. I almost turned it on early this morning. Now it's 64, but won't be getting much past 70 today. Wednesday is a different story with storms moving in later tomorrow.

Had to get blood work done today, so had to fast last night. WOW!...so good to get home and get coffee and something to eat. I'd forgo the food if I had to...coffee is the priority!

Need to take care of a few things and then I'll be able to finish the front porch today. Just have to take the big table cover off, throw it over the line to rinse, clean the table,Febreeze all the cushions, some last minute vacuuming up, and the porch will be ready for summer! YAY!

Right now...more coffee!

Have the good day you imagined! N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 205

Greetings,

Beautiful day here in New Jersey I am working the primary elections for Assembly people. Very slow turn out so far,as all candidates for both parties are running unopposed.. 

I started wearing a rubber band with an insert which contains, lemongrass, eucalyptus. while I walk the dogs. There's one more oil in the insert, however, I can't remember it right now. This band even works for No See ems, I can't stand these bugs. 

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their day. Thanks for all the great tips and suggestions. I really appreciate all the time and research on all various topics.

Stay safe , enjoy Nancy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet