Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL JUNE 2022. CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL JUNE 2022. CLOSED

MORNING ROLL CALL May - JUNE 2022.         CLOSED
Good morning everyone on this first morning of June 2022. 

Due to the limited use of this topic I am extending it here for another two months.

360_F_429880216_V2ywtEa0j1nn4J69Tjm4Q5rRnHXi65dR.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

Good evening to everyone here on the Front Porch! It is nice to be updated by several here. Seems everyone has been busy and some have been dealing with some of life's challenges and finding some solutions

Things here in Southern Wisconsin have been full of minor issues. We have had a full range of weather from temperatures well below freezing to Temps in the 60's. We have had rain, sleet, and snow. A few sunny days mixed in.

We got our 2nd booster shot this morning. 

Take care, be safe and stay well. 

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone out there on the Front Porch. Hoping you are enjoying your Summer be it gardening, going to the farmer's market, having a picnic in a local park with friends and family or a day trip to a favorite place.

Please stop by and share what you been doing.  Do you have any fun plans for the 4th of July?

Enjoy your Summer!

FB_IMG_1654869714749.jpg

spring-blossom.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

While we had heavy rains and winds there was little damage compared to most of Wisconsin.

POST STORM DAMAGE IS THE WORD HERE IN WISCONSIN — Much of Wisconsin was under severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado warnings throughout Wednesday.

As severe weather continued to move throughout the state, we gathered damage reports. 

As of 8:40 a.m. Thursday, there were at least 89,600 people without power in the state.

Shortly after 4pm on Wednesday, a tornado was reported east of Tomah

Multiple semis were blown over onto their sides on I90

No deaths or major injuries have been reported.

There is wide spread power outage and damage to a number of homes

After reviewing video, in addition to a discussion with the local Germantown Police Chief and a review of witness reports on social media, we are confirming that an EF0 tornado occurred about 3 miles northeast of Germantown in Washington County, or about 18 miles north northwest of Milwaukee.

Live updates: Watertown got nearly 6 inches of rain from Wednesday storms

USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin staff

A severe weather outbreak tore across a large area of Wisconsin on Wednesday, including most or all of the state's largest population centers, including Milwaukee, Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, Wausau, Madison, La Crosse and Eau Claire. Here are damage updates as they come in:

FVYauQ2UYAEnkYD.jpeg

FVYauTnUYAEndU7.jpeg

snapshot-38.jpg

Hale the size of golf balls.

5KHBTDOHZVGG7NWXKB4H6OQ3IA.jpg

FVYLSeIXsAAxXA0.jpeg

FVYLSeDWAAAT86W.jpeg

FVYLShmUsAEaXZQ.jpeg

Jason Haasch sent in these storm damage pictures from Howard just outside Green Bay.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK...  Holy cow, Dave, I sure hope you guys were safe and didn't suffer any damage or injuries. Those reports and photos are scary. 

We just had some very heavy thunderstorms for a few hours this morning...nothing bad.

You take care.

Hope the rest of the Front Porch is doing well, too.

cup of blessings.png

Honored Social Butterfly

We on the Front Porch want to wish all of you with a June Birthday a very Happy and Joyous Birthday!

FB_IMG_1654133257342(1).jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Please pray for their young soles, their families and friends!

To date there are six young boys, and ten little girls victums.

FB_IMG_1653490514858.jpg

Recognized Social Butterfly

Working really hard to pack and clean.  Getting used to everything breaking 😅.   Still do not have a furniture moving date.   Keep packing the car and making trips.  Easier than the truck, and at least nothing can fly out.  Amazing how much a minivan will hold with the middle seats taken out. 

@Frozenoem   I am not able to boot up in safe mode even.   Not able to spend much time on playing with it, have to keep moving until I cannot move any more.   @MsStretch   Hope you continue to do well!  

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Well if you send me the model # of Mac mini and operating system name.Only requirement other than that is what your back up is on😀.

I can send you instructions for how to get to safe mode, even if Mac doesn’t want to go there.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Everyone,

It’s good to see you guys posting. It’s been few and far between lately. My life is so gosh darn unexciting, there’s not much to say other than what the weather is like LOL.

Speaking of…we had a mini heat wave the week before last! Was way too early for 3 days of the 90’s! It was the week BEFORE my AC guys were due to come for the maintenance service, and I never turn mine on before they check it out, so I sweated it out. LOL

They came this past week, and of course they found 2 parts that needed to be replaced $$$$

@MsStretch …I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Missed that blood moon, too, @Frozenoem . Weather was horrendous at that time. Still crazy weather. Yesterday we had these thunderstorm and tornado warnings, but the tornado thing passed into Jersey without any trouble here. Lots of thunder and rain last night...flowers looked smushy this AM, but are perking up now.

@LaDolceVita ...You are certainly having some bad luck with things breaking...just don't break a mirror!

Hope you all have a restful and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend!

flag.jpg

drink this i've seen you without it.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

We had the same wild weather, including tornado watch, 2nd time I’ve heard anything go off on phone in 4 years.

Missed the tornado, got heavy thunderstorms instead👍.Our forest fires were extinguished by fire crews and rain, snow, and sleet.

Time for more hurry up and wait, deliveries coming, surgery still coming, when is total 🎲 🎲 shoot.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Wow, @LaDolceVita , you're having heckuva bad string of luck.  At least, your AC is back up running.  We are also going through the heat wave today complete with all those dire "unusual weather" warnings. 🥵  Good day and excuse for being a lazy bum today. 😁

Honored Social Butterfly

First round of chemo yesterday.  Got sent home with infusion pump to be removed tomorrow.  A little inconvenient having a tube with bulb hanging out of your upper chest, but learning little tricks to keep it out of the way and not get tangled up in it, especially when sleeping.

Went prepared for my session with Kindle app and Netflix shows downloaded, but I quickly learned the trick to dealing with 4 - 5 hours of downtime is get little or no sleep the night before and you sleep right through your session.  They got my IV started, I kicked back in the recliner and I was out.  I faded in and out the rest of the time, once to kick my shoes off.

@Frozenoem , unfortunately on the night of the Blood Moon, it was rainy and cloudy and it would have been a lot closer and earlier than the last time I saw the lunar eclipse which was a tiny dot at 4 in the morning waaay up there in the sky. 🙁🌘

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Blood moon night it poured here, with fog no pictures for me either.

Last night? Snow, hail and rain - WMNF extinguished by rangers and FD or haven’t heard different. Been busy with scanners and listening for alerts.

No one has called 👍, missed my bed and sleep, adrenaline only works so long.Time to buy gas for house lawnmower, my environmentally safe gas can froze open at some point last winter.

Only good news for me is I can use chainsaw and remain upright if required😀, in short bursts. Learning to take the good with the bad , in this maturity bs.

Knowledge of oncology coming from friends experiences.All have said it took only a bit to figure out passing out skills.The joy of life in a small town is wait a minute and you find out who’s been treated for what lately.

Took 10 minutes to find 20 people who had pacemakers installed and what to expect, Covid and pacemaker 2 people , hurry up, tests and wait for numbers to drop.😀

Froze

I am still being haunted by expensive things breaking.  Yesterday it was my mac mini unexpectedly died after 2 years.  No extended warranty.  I do not like to take it in due to all the info on it.  Limping along with old old windows laptop, ipad, very old iphone.   It take all three to get done what i used to get done every morning.   My car is also on last leg.  Hopefully my health is not.  @MsStretch   Thinking of you, I know it is no fun to have those experiences you are having.  @Frozenoem  Sounds like you are looking forward to better health in the near future.  Hope so.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Try playing with the cables (tightening monitor,etc) on back of mini. I know I had the model # in folder but, can’t remember where or when. With the moving you’ve been doing , odds are good you’ve merely jiggled cords.

Hard disk mini can be recovered by owners, same as solid state disks, check your AARP inbox, for last time this happened.😀

Windows and Apple/Macs are hitting the refurbished markets everywhere.  Most have been sterilized for Covid, etc. Windows 10 to 11 has flooded most secondary markets for sales.Same as Mac’s and most offer 1-year warranties.Even Apple has sales on refurbished and cleaned, everything😀, with extended warranties.

Try a duck, duck search or Fire bird search , after wiggling cables on back of mini.

Froze

0 Kudos

@Frozenoem  Getting an irrevocable error message when trying to reinstall operating system.  Now I get the message after turning it on and it tries to load the os. 

Would you believe air conditioning went out upstairs on first 90 degree day?  I have a great heat & air guy and it is fixed now but what will break next?  As long as all living creatures cpntinue fairly well I can tolerate these things I guess.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Guess AARP finally cleaned out my inboxes, can’t find your os or Mac mini model %.
So we need to old school this webpage covers most Re-install errors, hope you have back up or Time Machine.

Read through and try all that fit your situations.

Reinstall OS 

With luck and sprinkling of holy water you should be able to get back online.

I will be around today and tomorrow, only soaking woodlands and buildings a couple of times in am, paranoia reigns.Time for caffeine and Iohn Prine , Hendrix found old tapes and need want on iPhone .

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Dreary and on the cool side (for me) here in VA.  The 80s sound marvelous to me and a little solar energy would be nice. 🌞

Unfortunately, I am gearing up for chemo after all.  Pathology came back that all was clear, BUT 2 of the lymph nodes that were removed were cancerous, so surgeon recommended chemo as a precaution against a reoccurrence in 5 years. Had a follow-up PET scan and oncologist said all was looking great.  Had the port inserted a couple of days ago and will begin next week.  So on to the next phase in this grand adventure, but looking forward to some great outdoors adventures for sure. 🚶‍

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Understand first round is easier, if caught earliest. Sounds like your doc’s are in good form.  And they figured strategy out .

50’s here  and now, thunderstorms rolling through and with it gales (expletives abound) It’s been 50 years, since I’ve worked on a trail crew, back when I could walk upright and had weight.

Hope all are doing well, filled water towers for camps, and Maine/NH border towns near Or surrounded by White National Forest have had 2 fires.

First extinguished by Thunderstorms, and one started by same last night or by hikers. AT has banned campfires and I seem to be going through Pucker factor.20 minutes drive to WNF and 15 minutes walk to closest trail head.

wNF is 750,000 acres and abuts our 4 Million acres Let it pour please. Time to shut down, and charge batteries for cell, think I’m getting behind on replacement stuff.And find fuse for inverters.

Think I’ve finally remembered why Maine speak is in terms of distance in miles or hours.Versus as the crow flies.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Personally would rather not have this lengthy of an adventure but, glad you’re getting repairs done.

90* in my mountains and I’m bored beyond belief.Walking fine but, don’t overexert? Isn’t that why we hike? Don’t cut the grass when it’s hot? I’ll figure that one out Monday when Spring returns.

Time to mist clothes with Permethrine, it’s that time of the year - black fly season. Passed my first shiny kid smelling of Deet last night, followed by 2 frantically “Maine waving” parents Find myself hoping the next cold snap and frost actually kills some of the flies next week.

On that cheery note have to fill a 1000 gallons water tank, that ought to be fun, rest and I don’t agree, at least I now know (kinda) what impending doom feels like and when to find somewhere to sit.Looked at the air conditioner last night and decided against putting it in window, got the extended weather and just didn’t want to bother 30-40’s overnight lows a week out.

Blood lunar eclipse coming Sunday night to a dark corner of the planet, should be visible everywhere, east coast between 9pm -12:23am. Just keep looking up, no funky viewing equipment needed for this eclipse of moon.Next in November and then maybe in 2-3 years. I’m going to try if rain, fog or smoke in white mountain state park (NH) doesn’t impede my view.

blood-moon-lunar-eclipse 

Froze

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good Saturday morning to everyone on the Front Porch. We have had several record breaking days with temperatures in the low to mid 90's. We have not had the major wind storms that many parts of fhe country have had. 

Many parts of Wisconsin and other locations in the Great Lake state are having continuing droughts which will impact food crops in the months ahead.

Large numbers of chickens have been destroyed because of Avian influenza so do not expect any decreases in your food costs from here. 

Hoping everyone has a blessed weekend!

Our flowering trees and flowers are in bloom which are brighting our days.

spring-blossom.jpg

VPXFCIFPLFC6BMJPKLHBEQAP2M.jpg

Very dry here too.  Home grown tomatoes will be a struggle this year.   Very little spring to enjoy looks like we are in summer mode.  I am packing and cleaning and all that entails.

Social Butterfly

Good morning Friends On The Front Porch !! Hope everyone is doing well! I would like to take this time and Wish All You Wonderful Ladies A Happy Mother's Day 💐💐💐 May You all have a blessed day surrounded by Family and friends. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone,

@LaDolceVita ...WOW! That is way too hot, and we are way too cold.

Mother's Day weekend was a trifecta of ugly...rain, wind, and cold. Then for some unknown reason on Sunday night we lost power for about an hour. My thought is that a car hit a utility pole because I heard loads of sirens right after the power flew the coop.

Funny thing...I was in the bathtub...thank goodness it's still light at that time or I would have been in one "youknowwhatof" a mess! 😮

This week promises to be warming up. 70's by Thursday, maybe????

You all take care!

My hands are cold...need a mug of...My hands are cold...need a mug of...

Honored Social Butterfly

Finally mud season has passed, tree frogs are 🐸 ng., and temps have hit 70-80 by day👍.Overnight lows in 40-50’s. 

Have volunteered to fill water towers at lake camps, and the ice on the lakes are disappearing finally. Water in lakes has finally been released by dams, looks like things will be back to semi-normal.

Finally have been rescheduled for Doctors appt’s, and looks like answers and corrections by June?

Time to store my winter gear and put away the parka and boots with luck.

Will be back eventually.

Froze

Hi folks.  @DaveMcK I have had a terrible time with everything going out the last few months.  Two refrigerators,  washing machine, and today the battery in the stairwell chair.  Flat tire last Friday in the grocery store parking lot. 

We are enjoying beautiful weather, about 70 for a few days.We have already not enjoyed some 80s. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita ...Holy cow! Talk about things happening in 3's...You're working on SETS of 3. Hope some better luck flies in your direction. You deserve it!

Happy May to everyone. Kind of hard to believe it's May already. Our temps have yet to prove that it's spring, let alone May. Sitting inside with 2 sweatshirts on, and a while ago I had my fingerless gloves on.

Hoping you all are doing well.

@Frozenoem ...thought of you last week when I heard 8 inches of the white stuff could land in ME...did it?

@MsStretch ... Sure hope you are making progress! 😻

My lilacs are blooming!My lilacs are blooming!

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

It did snow 3-4 days back, temps now up to 55*.Been camping with spotty cell coverage. Reason to drop off planet for abit.

Lakes are finally in ice out stage, and with luck might hit 60 in another week or so. Not getting my hopes up until Mid-May for last frost.

1D442B68-B0B7-4563-8F8C-CCE2E58C10EB.jpeg

Enjoy

Froze

@Frozenoem   I am sweltering in 80 degrees so the  blizzard does  not look that bad right now.  It is way too early for us to be this warm. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this sunny Tuesday morning. 

Yesterday's lite snow has melted. It is headed East from here. 

Need to find someone to bring a new car battery for my older car as it has died again.

Love our indoor parking area here at our retirement center until something goes wrong with the car.

Such is life when you own a car.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP