Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MARCH-APRIL

Message 1 of 211

@LydiaN586309 

Glad your back.

Late to bed 4am, early to rise 7 am, that must be why ai feel tired.

45* and raining, time to watch or not watch the rivers rise 🤔.

Snow is melting but, ground is still absorbing it. It’s the rains that are concerning me.

Gotta go

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 211

Hello, Earthlings (aka Porch Peeps)!

Hope you all have enjoyed this Earth Day.  I am trying to do my small part in bettering the planet by recycling and planting trees.  Want to leave this place just a wee bit better than I found it as it were. I've got tons of stuff to do on and around my property that will keep me busy way into the summer.  But I truly enjoy yardwork and being outdoors. So I'm good to  go!

Anyway, y'all be good and good to you! And Happy Earth Day!

Lydia

Image result for earth day images

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 211

Afternoon 66* and cloudy, looking forward to rain? Still have a flood warning until Tuesday evening.

Enjoy your earth reduce, reuse and recycle.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 211

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch on the 22nd day  of April Earth Day!

FB_IMG_1552616235014.jpg

Nature’s gifts to our planet are the millions of species that we know and love, and many more that remain to be discovered. Unfortunately, human beings have irrevocably upset the balance of nature and, as a result, the world is facing the greatest rate of extinction since we lost the dinosaurs more than 60 million years ago. But unlike the fate of the dinosaurs, the rapid extinction of species in our world today is the result of human activity.

The unprecedented global destruction and rapid reduction of plant and wildlife populations are directly linked to causes driven by human activity: climate change, deforestation, habitat loss, trafficking and poaching, unsustainable agriculture, pollution and pesticides to name a few. The impacts are far reaching.

If we do not act now, extinction may be humanity’s most enduring legacy. Here are some quick facts on the current wave of extinction and additional information about this problem here.

All living things have an intrinsic value, and each plays a unique role in the complex web of life. We must work together to protect endangered and threatened species: bees, coral reefs, elephants, giraffes, insects, whales and more.

The good news is that the rate of extinctions can still be slowed, and many of our declining, threatened and endangered species can still recover if we work together now to build a united global movement of consumers, voters, educators, faith leaders, and scientists to demand immediate action.

Earth Day Network is asking people to join our Protect our Species campaign. Our goals are to:

• Educate and raise awareness about the accelerating rate of extinction of millions of species and the causes and consequences of this phenomenon.
  • Achieve major policy victories that protect broad groups of species as well as individual species and their habitats.
  • Build and activate a global movement that embraces nature and its values.
  • Encourage individual actions such as adopting plant based diet and stopping pesticide and herbicide use.

Want to do something simple? Next time you eat out tell your waiter you don't want a plastic straw!

1280px-Anthidium_February_2008-1.jpgAmegilla_cingulata_on_long_tube_of_Acanthus_ilicifolius_flower.jpgBee_swarm_on_fallen_tree03.jpg1280px-Bienen_mit_Brut_2.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 211

Image result for happy easter everyone

Hello, Front Porchers!

I know the day is almost over with.  But I just wanted to greet everyone on this most blessed day.  Unfortunately, due to ongoing computer problems,

I've been unable to access the AARP website all weekend.  Some kinda computer glitch.  Anyway, I hope everybody is well and doing well this day.  Loved your pics Dave as usual;  especially the doggies!

Be blessed one and all!

Lydia

Image result for happy easter everyone

Image result for easter sunday

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 211

@DaveMcK 

@n566192l 

You are killing me with the Easter doggie bonnets, bunnies, and egg hunts. 😂

I love it! 👍

Hoppy *groans* Easter! 👒🐰🐣

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 211

@LaDolceVita 

Magic pixie dust was blown over your Mac and hubby’s iPhone.

I don’t like Avira on anything pc or mac’s Free or paid versions.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/avira-free-antivirus-mac,review-2976.html

More faith in Sophos😇, Free or premium. But, 4 Gb is minimal for any type of computer.

Perhaps since the problem was also in iPhone the question is -

how much ram in his phone?And what model. - 7,8,X ?

And what is he running for an iOS version?

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 211

63* and cloudy had to check on friends camp this am. River did rise but, only roads, ballfields were covered.

Rest of the week should prove interesting rain, rain and more rain. 204A1683-0871-4B78-8198-06F3F4A7B0D1.jpegRiver meets the Road

Time to open some windows.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 211

@n566192l The dogs have taken over the Front Porch!  @DaveMcK  Your dog Easter pictures are a hoot! 

@Frozenoem  I was going to PM you but I will share here because it may help someone.  I was trying to add some music to my hubby's iphone by way of itunes.  The phone broke!! I mean dead.  Called Apple after uninstalling Avira antivirus from my Mac as suggested by Apple website.  Anyway, phone OK, music is on it and all is well after about an hour spent on phone with rep.  The big news is that my computer (btw has 4GB memory, we were discussing in PM)  has become snappy!  Could this be just the removal of antivirus?  Or did Apple blow magic dust my way?

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 211

GREETINGS,

Just finished the Third Annual 🐕 Egg Hunt. I wear a white long john that I put a cotton tail on. Adorn my Bunny Ears, and open the gate. I scattered brightly colored eggs filled with dog treats though out the yard. 50 eggs in all and watch the action with my fellow 🐕 owners. As usual the home team lost. My 2 little 🐕 choose not to join in. Franny, just ran around with a toy in her mouth, and found a mud puddle. Izzador, my poodle, just greeted the dogs at the gate. Monte, the Pitbull, found 8 eggs. My neighbors dog, Roco found 15, in record time. My neighbors just think I am a big child, but enjoed the event. Just glad we had nice weather and a few laughs 😁. Everyone, left with an Easter Surprise. Time to give Franny a bath, then clean up the yard.  Enjoy your day. Remember take time to laugh, it does the soul good.

Nancy

Kudos
Views