Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! THIS ADDITION IS CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! THIS ADDITION IS CLOSED

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to March 2019. We had an overnight snow to ring in the morning. Going to be a busy day tomorrow. Remember that January-Feburary is CLOSED now.

68403-Goodbye-February.jpg299033-Welcome-March-Welcome-Spring.gifFB_IMG_1550937246914.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

PLEASE USE MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this last day of April 2019. I will be off to a 10:30 dentist appointment this morning to have a chipped filling looked at. It was done 50 years ago when I was stationed in Germany in 1969 by a German dentist on base. 

My computer is very slow and it is time to shower.

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK 

Drop a pm and I’ll see what can be done for your ailing computer.

Always need at least the operating system to begin with.

If you Run Avast Or AVG antivirus and are experiencing slowness, you need a patch.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3216425/microsoft-patch-alert-april-patches-have-sharp-edges-w...

Or if Computer is drastically slower, try CCleaner to begin with.

40* and cloudy, and looking forward to weekend, may actually hit 60* vs snow or more rain.

Time to play on woodpile, more overnight lows to contend with.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

47* and sunshine, what a concept. Still waiting for rivers to recede, everywhere I generally travel.

Those pesky beavers have been busy, and still expecting snow in the forecast.

Firewood has been brought in, with more just in case in the woodbox.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

43* and raining, they still are saying snow for overnight temps.😡

I brought in wood to CMA, don’t want to use oil.

@DaveMcK 

I think I’ll wait until the snow is all gone before mowing, mid-May.

@n566192l 

Chelli and I are both keeping close to the stove. Rain , rain and snow.

I’ll give an example of normal water levels vs today. No major flooding but, ground is saturated and river is up.

Trees in the picture are covered 8-9’ up the trunks, 2-3’ More should prove interesting.

Froze

PresentlyPresently

Normal river heightNormal river height

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey!

Praying for you all with the horrible, strange, and unseasonable weather quirks! Cat Tongue

Once again we dodged the worst yesterday. Tornado watch was in effect for most of the afternoon to about 9 PM. Went out to dinner in the most pleasant, sunny warmth; it stormed while we were in the restaurant and power almost went out; and by the time we were ready to leave it was just light rain. Today is sunny and very windy, but no tornado watch. It's actually chilly and in the 50's. Had to turn up the heat.  Cat Sad More rain comes overnight, and a not so warm week ahead.

Come on May flowers!!!  N.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Hi,

I can't get into my pm 😣 Frozenoem, I sent you a text message I just need the size of the coat needed. Anyone else if you have my email address please contact me, as UPS will not have your address on file. Monte, my Pitbull, and my went to the Annual ASPCA 🐕 walk. We were a hit 😎 in matching outfits. I made new contracts with local dog venders. Stay safe and please contact me so I can send out your box 😁

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

42* and partly cloudy, with snow tonight.

It’s been a wild several days, and nights. Flood watch still in effect but, still safe.

@n566192l 

Chell is an xxl for size.If you sent txt I can’t find it. When AARP makes changes, I just grab any message in my inbox, and reply to it.

Admit I still have problem remembering non names, with a bunch of numbers.

Give me a time to call, and I’ll attempt it.

@catwoman500 

Refuse to turn on heat, that’s why ai have woodstove and firewood, it’s just warmer.😇

Went Down river to Rumford, and took picture of the falls for run off.

2 feet from flood2 feet from flood

Then to camp, checking pondsThen to camp, checking ponds

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this last Friday of April. Are you ready for this! We will be getting 3 to 5" of rain to snow tomorrow afternoon along  with a high of 41* and a low of 29*. An also high winds during the day.

Today we will have a high of 59*, sunny with winds up to 30 mph. 

So moving on to next week with warm temperatures and mowing the lawn for the first time this year. We had our first lawn service with an ecofriendly fertilizer. 

sawn-balusters-porch-017.jpgFB_IMG_1556056747589.jpggettyimages-685470344-612x612.jpgFB_IMG_1516678496650.jpg348130-Blooming-Flower-Beautiful-Weekend-Image.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this last Thursday of April, 2019.

It is in the mid 50's with rain forecasted for this afternoon and evening. 

I have the stomach flu and cancelled playing in my golf league this morning. 

Hoping you all are having a better day today than I am.

cartoon-sick-man-head-thermometer-scarf-ice-bag-patient-sad-his-mouth-indicating-high-temperature-green-red-his-42104184.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK , @LaDolceVita ...sorry to hear about your discomforts. Cat Sad

Time to call to schedule the AC maintenance so I am cleaning the vents today. Got down on the floor to do the bedroom one as it is under a dressing table, and thought I was going to have to SOS someone to get me up! Eventually endured the aches and pains and got to my feet very ungracefully, but it beat the alternative of staying on the floor for the next few months until my body was discovered. Cat LOL Luckily the rest can be done without crawling under anything. I'm halfway finished so decided to take a coffee break and see what was up with you all.

Cloudy today; rain is headed here for tomorrow. It's 66 right now, but not going any higher. Yesterday was a beautiful day here in the low 70's with sun.

Went out to pick a lilac or 2 and I must have missed the prime bloom time. How in the world did that happen?

Hoping good weather for all. N.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

49* and cloudy 👀 ng forward to snow?? On Tuesday, and rain until then.

Rivers are high, not flood stage but, definitely making the banks look liquid.

Time to return to garage to find a stencil on a 1936 radio I’m trying to unload.

Not really looking forward to tipping it, for better view of interior.

Froze

Frozenoem,

I hope you and Ms Chelli will be safe and there will be no flooding. This has been such a hard year for some. Dave, feel better. Oceantownship High School had to be closed for 3 days before Easter do to a stomach bug. Catwoman500 glad you are okay ❤️. It can be very scary not being able to get up. LaDolceVita, I hope you feel better soon. I know how much leg and foot pain can hurt. I dropped a box of Salonpas patches on my foot the other day. You have to laugh at what a dropped on my foot 😂.  Just hope everyone stays stay. 

We are going to get rain today. More mud puddles in my yard for Franny to find . My little Crestapo, is such a keeper no matter what mischief she gets into. Please everyone just stay safe ❤️.  Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

Hello, Earthlings (aka Porch Peeps)!

Hope you all have enjoyed this Earth Day.  I am trying to do my small part in bettering the planet by recycling and planting trees.  Want to leave this place just a wee bit better than I found it as it were. I've got tons of stuff to do on and around my property that will keep me busy way into the summer.  But I truly enjoy yardwork and being outdoors. So I'm good to  go!

Anyway, y'all be good and good to you! And Happy Earth Day!

Lydia

Image result for earth day images

Honored Social Butterfly

@LydiaN586309 

Glad your back.

Late to bed 4am, early to rise 7 am, that must be why ai feel tired.

45* and raining, time to watch or not watch the rivers rise 🤔.

Snow is melting but, ground is still absorbing it. It’s the rains that are concerning me.

Gotta go

Froze

I am still hobbling along with the help of topical analgesic and ibuprofen.  Into the 4th month now of pain in foot subsiding and returning Woman Frustrated.  I was pain free first thing this morning but as soon as I start the stair climbing it seems to flair again.  Opening a new bottle of cherry juice today and hopefully I will remain pain free today. 

The weather is great, cannot complain about that. 

GREETINGS,

Finished the boxes for mailing. I had a hard time finding the Girl Scout cookies. I put them in the back of several boxes. 

Just an over cast day here in New Jersey. We may get rain tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well and is safe.   Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon 66* and cloudy, looking forward to rain? Still have a flood warning until Tuesday evening.

Enjoy your earth reduce, reuse and recycle.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch on the 22nd day  of April Earth Day!

FB_IMG_1552616235014.jpg

Nature’s gifts to our planet are the millions of species that we know and love, and many more that remain to be discovered. Unfortunately, human beings have irrevocably upset the balance of nature and, as a result, the world is facing the greatest rate of extinction since we lost the dinosaurs more than 60 million years ago. But unlike the fate of the dinosaurs, the rapid extinction of species in our world today is the result of human activity.

The unprecedented global destruction and rapid reduction of plant and wildlife populations are directly linked to causes driven by human activity: climate change, deforestation, habitat loss, trafficking and poaching, unsustainable agriculture, pollution and pesticides to name a few. The impacts are far reaching.

If we do not act now, extinction may be humanity’s most enduring legacy. Here are some quick facts on the current wave of extinction and additional information about this problem here.

All living things have an intrinsic value, and each plays a unique role in the complex web of life. We must work together to protect endangered and threatened species: bees, coral reefs, elephants, giraffes, insects, whales and more.

The good news is that the rate of extinctions can still be slowed, and many of our declining, threatened and endangered species can still recover if we work together now to build a united global movement of consumers, voters, educators, faith leaders, and scientists to demand immediate action.

Earth Day Network is asking people to join our Protect our Species campaign. Our goals are to:

• Educate and raise awareness about the accelerating rate of extinction of millions of species and the causes and consequences of this phenomenon.
  • Achieve major policy victories that protect broad groups of species as well as individual species and their habitats.
  • Build and activate a global movement that embraces nature and its values.
  • Encourage individual actions such as adopting plant based diet and stopping pesticide and herbicide use.

Want to do something simple? Next time you eat out tell your waiter you don't want a plastic straw!

1280px-Anthidium_February_2008-1.jpgAmegilla_cingulata_on_long_tube_of_Acanthus_ilicifolius_flower.jpgBee_swarm_on_fallen_tree03.jpg1280px-Bienen_mit_Brut_2.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for happy easter everyone

Hello, Front Porchers!

I know the day is almost over with.  But I just wanted to greet everyone on this most blessed day.  Unfortunately, due to ongoing computer problems,

I've been unable to access the AARP website all weekend.  Some kinda computer glitch.  Anyway, I hope everybody is well and doing well this day.  Loved your pics Dave as usual;  especially the doggies!

Be blessed one and all!

Lydia

Image result for happy easter everyone

Image result for easter sunday

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

63* and cloudy had to check on friends camp this am. River did rise but, only roads, ballfields were covered.

Rest of the week should prove interesting rain, rain and more rain. River meets the RoadRiver meets the Road

Time to open some windows.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch on this 21st day of April, 2019 and Easter Sunday morning. It is going to be 75* with clear Blue skies. We had our Easter gathering yesterday with our family at our house.  Our oldest daughter was going have a brunch but was not feeling well. We took advantage of the weather and grilled out for the first time this year. 

Hoping that everyone is having a restful day. 

Did you wear an Easter Bonnet today. Our Easter Bunny is our middle daughters American Bulldog. 

353103-Lamb-Happy-Easter-Quote.gifFB_IMG_1555727447695.jpg303743-Pretty-Easter-Wreath.jpgFB_IMG_1555729605091.jpgFB_IMG_1555640465860.jpgFB_IMG_1555791155809.jpgpexels-photo-414160.jpeg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch on this 20th day of  April! Hoping you all are having a great weekend. 

pexels-photo-1043834.jpegFB_IMG_1555273968384.jpg348130-Blooming-Flower-Beautiful-Weekend-Image.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch this Friday April 19th, 2019! We have a totally clear blue sky and an exprcted high of 58* and warmer this weekend.

We are spending today cleaning the house and picking up some hot cross bun for the weekend. 

sawn-balusters-porch-017.jpgFB_IMG_1555556348381.jpgFB_IMG_1550937259964.jpgFB_IMG_1552661984049.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch today on this 18th day of April 2019. We had weather issues in the Southwest part of Wisconsin with wind, rain and hail. We had thunder and rain hear. Today's storms are moving through area's Southeast of here. We will be cloudy and have a high of 50* today.

Sounds like April showers have been much more than that in some of our Front Porchers area's. 

We will be having family over for the Easter weekend. Our oldest daughter will have everyone over for brunch on Saturday and will be dying Easter eggs at our house in the afternoon. We will not be doing much on Sunday. 

650x432xfront-porch-trim-018.jpg.pagespeed.ic.QON5sep4RQ.jpggettyimages-685470342-1024x1024.jpgFB_IMG_1550864720752.jpgFB_IMG_1544042551968.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

41* and rain through Sunday evening, with flood watch up for rivers due to runoff and snowmelt.

Tonight will prove interesting river is within earshot of my house on both sides, it’s a good 300’ and 10’ up ,before hitting the road.

And on that cheery note need to attempt playing in the woodpile,  would like some wood for tonight. 

Froze

GREETINGS,

I spent the day moving my neighbors cars. There seems to be a group of people who are targeting old Hondas. Apparently, the catalytic converters in these cars are worth money. Several cars have had there catalytic converters taken right in front of people homes. I understand it only takes 15 minutes to remove the part. So , I am storing 3 old Hondas for my neighbors. Replacing this part is rather pricey. Some people have paid over 1,000. 

64* and nice here in New Jersey.

Enjoy your evening 😊

Nancy

@n566192l  Wow, what a weird thing.  I drive an old Honda minivan, have not heard of this.  @Frozenoem   I guess the cold preserves (some) people well!  I mean your 101 year old neighbor. 

One day of winter here before we return to early summer temps.  Everything looks beautiful after a nice rain.  No severe weather here.  @DaveMcK   Your temps are warmer than ours!

Twice now I thought plantar fasciitis had healed only to flare back up.  I have been doing the exercises, have insole.  I had a particularly hard day with mom, going up the stairs over and over one day last week. Sure enough it flared with a vengeance.   Last night I resorted to Voltaren cream, has helped some. 

Kudos
Views

LaDolceVita,

I Googled it and found out that, it's been a long time problem. Please, watch out. I am not sure if the catalytic converters of Hondas minivans are targeted. But, if you Google it you can clearly see the all the places old er Older Hondas have been targeted.

I am enjoying the old movies tonight. I love the costumes, and story line. 

Nice night here in New Jersey 😁. Just making a Turkey for my 🐕,and putting together Easter Baskets. I am surprising my daughter with a Collection of Seventh Generation products. The only products she uses. Also, vegan candy. 

Enjoy your Evening

Nancy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP