Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! THIS ADDITION IS CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! THIS ADDITION IS CLOSED

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to March 2019. We had an overnight snow to ring in the morning. Going to be a busy day tomorrow. Remember that January-Feburary is CLOSED now.

68403-Goodbye-February.jpg299033-Welcome-March-Welcome-Spring.gifFB_IMG_1550937246914.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Periodic Contributor

When I farted (fotted) in church one Sunday.  The priest said  "I didn't understand you, would you please repeat what you said".

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Never ever trust a repeat fart!

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Why?  I feel very reliefed after the second one.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

28* and sunny, courtesy of Spring the snow is melting in driveway flowers by May?

@catwoman500 

Have settled the coffee problem for now several bags of DD have arrived.

Admit it was hard to think before my first 20 ounces of caffeine, let alone debug a Network.

@LaDolceVita 

The leather couch in question is just too darned soft for my liking, made more for sleeping/lounging than sitting. It has swallowed more than one neighbor.🤣

I won’t miss it when I move😇. I just prefer a nice rocker or recliner for comfort.

Time to play in the garage, need to find a scope and signal generator that I haven’t seen lately.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Northern Lights from Space, courtesy of NASA!

FB_IMG_1553380949535.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

There was a slight possibility that the Northern Lights might even be visible in the DC/northern VA area, because it was in the outer fringes of the geomagnetic storm, but alas... I was just outside taking the ferals on a walkabout and no spectacles to ooh & ah (not to mention the geo storm was predicted to hit about 11 AM at which time it would have been too light).

Isn't nature amazing?

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for beautiful sunrise pics

Top of the Mornin',  Front Porchers!

Yes, yes, I know that St. Patty's Day has passed and the greeting I chose is one for the Irish, but that's the way I'm feelin' today--"Top of the Mornin'!" 

The birds are increasing in numbers and they were sure making a big racket when I opened my door this morning.  They were perched in the trees and on the lines--just chirping and singing away.  They had emptied the bird feeders I had just filled the other day.  But I had no time to stop and refill them this morning as I was already running late. 

Image result for beautiful sunrise

The sun was so bright as I travelled into work this morning, I had to wear sunglasses.  But the sunrise was truly beautiful.  Still a bit on the chilly side, but nothing like it was a month or so ago. So there'll be no complaints from me.  I am just glad to be here to see the sunrise and I am enjoying these first few days of Spring.  

Image result for animation of spring

Hope everybody is now experiencing the change in season and a softening of the weather.  It's Spring afterall.  So enjoy!

Recognized Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK   Great pictures of the family Dave.  I am very boring lately, nothing new to report.  Yeah, spring is nice but I prefer fall!  

My mom continues stable but it is depressing to see her an invalid.  My great escape is Acorn TV, right now watching Irish police dramas.  Funny but police shows are usually not my cup of tea, yetI am totally hooked, cannot wait for the next episode every evening.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Dave!

Honored Social Butterfly

Hi, 32* it’s a heat wave to me, windy as a bugger dancing 80’ pines and maples blowing in the wind.

Dont know about the Northern Lights, guess I should charge a phone/camera just in case. It should be dark enough to see with naked eye, if in a non-light pollution area.

It was for my previous viewings but, that was during my 35mm and 120/220 days, translation haven’t seen negatives or prints lately.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/23/northern-lights-northern-us-canada-see-aurora-...

Now, it’s off to the garage, need to write down some old test gear model #’s for sale. And maybe sell a 1937 console. Tired of 👀ing at old stereos, mono’s, radios, etc.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon 35* and white particulates (snow) is falling from the sky, awoke to the sound of around 8” coming off the roof. To most that reminds them of slate roofs for similar sound, all at once a big woosh.

Ah the joy of living in the land of ski resorts.

There was a dog food recall expansion last night, .canned only not dry foods. Lot numbers at the link and expiration date.

Hills Pet Nutrition 

https://www.hillspet.com/productlist

Froze

Kudos
Views

GREETINGS,

The local News reports that the northern lights will be visible tonight. This is do to a solar flare. Not sure if I am going to be able to see any of this splendor.

41* windy. Just picking up donations for Share tomorrow. My daughter is back from New Orleans. I am happy about that.

Great picturs Dave, you have a beautiful family.

Frozenoem, hope all is well.

Everyone enjoy  your day.

Nancy

Trusted Social Butterfly

@n566192l , I did hear that about the Northern Lights being more visable to the south, but we won't be able to see it here...they mentioned New York as being a possible state for viewing. I hope someone is able to catch it.

@Frozenoem , maybe you can see it? Not sure.

Well, it's nice to see the sun back after about 36 hours of rain here. It's not warm by any means, but at least cheery! 38, feeling like 31 now...not exactly normal for this time of the year. Cat Sad

Last night was our Chinese dinner night and it was nice the rain had stopped for a bit. When we came out we saw it had rained while we were eating.

This morning my pool guy stopped by with some details about the project. He said this is a sad day. Glad to see the project moving along, but I'm sure it will be weird without the pool in the yard.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Not a clue what happened, double post from one.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch today on this Friday morning March 22nd. The key thing on our agenda today is to cheer on the Wisconsin Badgers mens basketball team to defeat the Oregon duckligs. GO BUCKY GO!

More mid 40's and Sunny today nd tomorrow!

Mary is busy preparing for a wedding for our youngest daughter Emma on June 16th. She and Andrew dated a little in high school than rediscovered each other 10 years later.  Andrew has a daughter from a previous relationship. 

They both have great careers with Emma being a Kindergarten teacher and Andrew is an electrician. Ellie is 6 years old.

FB_IMG_1552615960295.jpgFB_IMG_1543891007627.jpgFB_IMG_1539537397161.jpgFB_IMG_1545708190485.jpgFB_IMG_1545701257993.jpgFB_IMG_1552661984049.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch this Thursday morning. Not much going on here so fa. Our snow on the North side is still melting with the south side ready to rake. Our high temps will be around 50* for a while.Hope everyone has a great day.

FB_IMG_1543763951702.jpgFB_IMG_1553023054315.jpgtenor.gif

Greeting All

47* raining. The local news is showing so beautiful pictures of the moon. Also, they are bringing back all the favorite sesame Street characters. A new set of Stamps will featuring these characters and out soon. 

Just packing up boxes to send out. Cleaning up the carpets from the mud the 🐕 bring in. My daughter returns tomorrow from New Orleans. Just hope she's safe. Enjoy your day. Happy Spring 🎉🎉😊😀 Nancy

Frozenoem,

I have a dog coat that came from Finland. I will try to post a picture of the coat. I will give you the details.  Anyway, came from the State Troopers, I just don't know if Chelli is going to like it.

But, they guarantee she will be warm. If you don't want the coat, maybe somone else would. Nancy 

@n566192l   OK, the coat got my attention!  Must see Chelli wearing the coat.  Ok, if she does not model the coat will you post a picture? Woman Very Happy

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Chell will model new coat when it arrives, if she doesn’t eat it. She likes to chomp some fabrics and leathers.

Don’t ask how I know but, never liked that couch.🤣

@MsStretch 

Had the same luck with Northern Lights here, scanned the horizon and nada.

Maybe tonight for another chance East pre MN, West after MN. 

But, have a friend up in Millinocket that may have faired better, will post picture if they do.

Froze

@Frozenoem   I know about the couch thing.  I have a futon in the basement, so it is mostly metal & the boards which sit on it.  I currently have to replace the topper, which is on the floor in pieces.  The replacement I had chosen 2 weeks ago has been nibbled only to find little balls with some sort of gel spilling out.  I moved that off the frame pretty quickly.  Once they discover fabric as fun they never stop, even when they are old!

Honored Social Butterfly

32* and sunnier than my disposition., days not looking particularly rosy at the moment.

It’s warmish yes, and the ice makes a nice crunch but, geez tough to get footholds.

Need to attempt the post office.Re: The aurora it didn’t happen here, either.

No Northern Lights!No Northern Lights!

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Figured an edit of previous comment needed, one Dunkin Donuts in next town kinda.

Blocked from my am hit by filming for new Tom Berenger/Stephen King movie being made. Allagash?

Had the Same general reaction when hometown had another film being made, with the sheriff from Jaws Schneider ? And the Librarians Star Noah Wylie?

Stand in the way of coffee, I get cranky, in the way of my double espresso a tad more.

Froze

Caffeine free but, brewing🤣

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Porch Peeps!

@Frozenoem ...no caffeine? Hope today is better for you.

I'm good...had my usual before I even got dressed and then the unending pot at the restaurant where I had breakfast with the retirees from my school.

Hard to believe the "feels like" temp was 21 this AM. Had to wear my parka (hopefully for the last time this month.)

At least we have sun for now. We are increasing the temps and no rain in the forecast until Sunday. By Saturday we should hit 70...I'll wait for it.

Hope everyone is good.

Anyone for a cruise on the west coast of Norway? So many shades of wrong happened there! (Don't get me started.) N.

Honored Social Butterfly

36* and sunny, finally had good nights sleep 5 hours vs too long or not enough😎.

The puddles are expanding, and snowbanks are dwindling, saw the roof of a F450 oil truck coming down the street when I went out.

First true sign of spring is when you can see vehicles without driving out midway onto street.

Won’t be long until cars become there real color vs gray, and my neighbors Audi will be seen again vs only heard coming.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

It's been a while since I've written here, so I thought I would let anyone interested know what's going on here in middle Georgia.  We are finishing up the second and last week of our annual Cherry Blossom Festival.  Since I no longer drive, I haven't been around to see the blossoms and have been limited to the photos posted on FB or shown on TV.  From what I've heard, this is one of the years when the blossoms haven't really cooperated with the festival.  They reached their peak a week early.  This is nice for the people who live here, for the tourists, not so much.

This is one of those events that sends me into all kinds of nostalgia.  My now-ex husband came here as the TV news anchor in summer of 1981.  It was supposed to be a temorary job so I stayed in Atlanta.  The following spring he came home telling me of the great new festival the city had started and now much fun it was covering all the events, many of which he knew I would enjoy.  I came down and visited the next year and by the third year, after we recognized the job was not temporary, I left my job in Atlanta and moved down.

On the final weekend of the festival is the Mulberry Arts and Crafts Festvail, which is actually older than the CBF, but merged with it after that first year.  This was the first place where I found the courage to show my own art work.  I had been here for only a few months and still knew almost nobody in town.  I made my first sale that weekend and also met a lot of people, including the members of the Middle Georgia Art Association, that aponsored the arts festival,  Little did I know how that would lead in the future.

For many years I was an exhibitor a Mulberry Street and then later was in charge of it while employed by MGAA.  There have been years when the weather didn't cooperate at all.  I'm glad to see that this year has been, and continues to be, a good year.  We've had very little rain and temperatures ranging in the mid 60's to low 70's.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Front Porchers!

Seems like Spring is having a hard time coming. For one thing the weather can't make up its mind. Is it going to be warm? Is it going to be cold? Is it going to rain? Or here we go again with the snow!  Regardless, I've decided to stay bundled up no matter what the weather because I do not want to go through what I went through just a couple of months ago with that awful awful cold. So while I see some people out with winter coats and gloves, I also see folks out there in shorts and t-shirts. Some people are very cautious and others must have good health insurance. LOL

Thanks for the update @PattyDiane .  I too consider myself somewhat of an artist though non-practicing at at the present time. But I've always dreamed that perhaps once I have retired, I will again begin to pursue my craft. I've done a bit of everything-- painting, mixed media, Pottery, sculpting. I think though my favorite is mixed media and that is what I will pursue at some point.  Are you still doing some form of Art now? And if so, what?

So no matter where Our Front Porchers live, I hope everyone is doing well regardless of the weather or other circumstances. Like weather, life goes up and down. But as they say better "life" than the alternative.

Honored Social Butterfly

44* and partly cloudy with you guessed it 8” Of partly clouded falling tonight.

Would someone tell Mother Nature/Gaia , I’ve had enough fun she can stop now!

Have 3 storm damaged Elm trees that need to be brought down in Chell’s yard, and the snow pack just doesn’t give me a safe path to leave.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Hello, Our Front Porchers!!!

Well folks, I can finally stop counting the days....cuz S-P-R-I-N-G is now officially here!  And I for one am so very happy!  Even though it has been raining here off and on all day today, I know that better weather is a-comin' soon.  I can even spy some buds on the trees and so I'm celebrating already and grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire cat!Image result for image of cheshire cat grinning

So I guess the next thing for me is the beginning of the formidible Spring cleaning fest.  And believe me, I already have a ton of projects lined up to tackle.  There's the garage that needs to be cleaned out and the basement needs much the same.  And then there is that big old tree out front that has to be cut down because it's roots are raising the sidewalk. Yep,  I'll be busy til summer and beyond!  But I'll be smilin' and whistlin' and just happy cuz it's Spring and everything starts anew...even maybe me and maybe even you!  Enjoy!

Honored Social Butterfly

Must be Spring as the Robins are back!

DSC_0258-1260x708.jpg

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP