Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MARCH-APRIL 2020

Message 91 of 190

Hello, Porch Peeps,

Today is our beautiful day with sun and 50 degrees. Tomorrow back to rain.

Yesterday, my lawn guy must have come back and reattached my gate although I didn’t see or hear him. This morning as I was about to go out and bring back the trash cans, they weren’t there, so some Good Samaritan must have brought them back for me. Pretty sure they didn’t grow feet and run away. Later I’ll go around the side of the house and make sure they are there.

@MsStretch ...Love those photos! Such a wealth of history you are seeing.

@Frozenoem …I am already disappointed that I won’t be able to get my favorite dark chocolate strawberry filled eggs from our town’s homemade candy store. I was pretty sure they would be closed, but the website says they are open, so I called and there was no answer. They have an online ordering site, but the strawberry eggs aren’t on it and besides that I, live less than a mile from the store and it would be dumb to mail order. So, I’m kind of glad they are not shown on the website. So, not looking forward to being alone on Easter plus not having my tradition to ease my funk. So I will instead look forward to another tradition of dyeing some hard boiled eggs on Good Friday. I swear the only time I hard boil eggs anymore is at Easter! Cat LOL

Hope everyone is still doing well!

Let's go!Let's go!

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted

Message 92 of 190

@n566192l, good to hear from you.  Stay in place!  The boxes will wait.  Please, please, do exactly what your doctor and state recommend. 

@LaDolceVita, I don't know how you do it.  I can't even stand going shopping on a normal day.  Interesting about PetSmart.  I had heard they closed the salons, but did not hear about mandatory curbside pick-up.  Went to their website, and they just announced it was now available.  I'm all in for ordering and having them bring it out!

When and if I have to go out to restock anything, I will definitely do the senior hours.  In and out and right after restocking overnight.  That or curbside pick-up is looking really good.

In VA, we "more mature" people and the vulnerable are under highly recommended stay-in-place orders, except for grocery shopping, medical, and exercise outside.  Took advantage of the latter again yesterday.  Yup, in Shenandoah NP.   BUT nowhere near any popular trail or ANY trail at all.  Accessed outside boundary by hiking down an old closed logging road and on to two old homesites and a cemetery.  Never saw another soul.

This old house was rather large and had two chimneys, partially collapsed.  It was so overgrown that you can't see the chimney on the other side.This old house was rather large and had two chimneys, partially collapsed. It was so overgrown that you can't see the chimney on the other side.

This cemetery had 8-10 burials (possibly more), many marked with smaller fieldstones and one flat marker.  It was 125' behind the double-chimney home.This cemetery had 8-10 burials (possibly more), many marked with smaller fieldstones and one flat marker. It was 125' behind the double-chimney home.

The second homesite.  To see a still-standing chimney almost 100 years later is a testament to the skill and resourcefulness of the people who lived in the mountains and never ceases to amaze me.The second homesite. To see a still-standing chimney almost 100 years later is a testament to the skill and resourcefulness of the people who lived in the mountains and never ceases to amaze me.

Just got update that my county will extend public closure of certain facilities until May 1.  I've already had a dental and YAG appointment at my ophthalmologist to clear a cloudy cataract rescheduled tentatively for next month.  But I've got one good eye and my health, so I can do this.  We ALL can do this.  Be safe.  Be careful.  Hang in there.

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 93 of 190

@LydiaN586309 

Excessive boredom and a funky driveway requires snowblowing, besides we're still having 20* nights.

Discovered 10 years back, need to get down to dirt, and need to remove snow in some areas to allow melting to take place without ice buildup.

Add in boredom prevention and exercise requirement for happiness. New neighbors down back have a total of 7 kids and 2 parents, their half of driveway is mud, mine is dry🤣

My snow pack is down to 5' where unblown, we didn't get much snow but, we did get snow. Today it's 40* and sunny.

@n566192l 

Glad to see you're still hanging in there, and recovering. Me thinks we're all feeling funky after this winter and Coronavirus shelter in place quarantine.

Nothing quite like keeping stir crazy removed from daily life.

Time to play in garage for the day, and cut some kindling, left over lumber.

My barber has been relegated to non-essential business so, he left for PEI before border was shut down and I'm feeling like a hippy, guess it's time to pump out Hair on the Sansui .

@catwoman500 

I got my chocolate and plan to get more, everything is half off my local storekeeper has decided to retire. Leaving only one convenient left to go, still within staggering range.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted

Message 94 of 190

Hello, Porch Peeps,

Hi, @n566192l …good to see you back, but you need to stay in and make sure you are 100%.

Another cold, damp, and gloomy day. Yesterday was nice and tomorrow will be nice, so we have an alternate weather pattern going on here. Still hard to believe we had no measurable snow here the whole winter.

We are all supposed to stay home in PA and other states you may know. We can go out for groceries and medicines. Most people are complying, but there are those who think they are invincible and are risking other people’s health by constantly going out every day (my neighbor with 2 kids). Some people still have to work, and I certainly understand that; thank goodness for the essential workers, but she doesn’t have to go to work since the schools and school cafeterias are closed. My vent for the day.

My lawn guys were here yesterday to do the first clean-up before mowing season begins. He then emailed me that he could fix the gate that blew off and can get a new window well cover that also blew off. I emailed my thanks and off the top of my head asked if he could possibly get another cover for another basement window, too, and then, not thinking he could really do this, I threw out the possibility of him rescreening the one porch screen panel that blew out. He said he’d take a look next time he came and he could probably do that, too! Made my day!

@Frozenoem .. hope you got your snow blown. Yes for chocolate!

@LaDolceVita ...5 stores? I would have quit after one and the pet one. You are brave!

@LydiaN586309 …Just be careful going out to work, and in your work place.

That goes for everybody out there…Be careful, be safe, stay well.

Blessings to all!Blessings to all!

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 95 of 190

Hey, Peepers!

Let me just start off by saying, if you are reading this, you are doing gooooood!!!!!  Know what I mean? I, for one, am just glad to be and to be alive and awake and present right now!  Sure we all have a variety of issues and stuff we may have to do or deal with, but "we's here" and that matters much!

Special good morning to @n566192l!!!   Long time no hear.  I asked about you in one of my posts a while back.  So I'm glad you are okay and back on Our Front Porch.

@Frozenoem, Im not sure about something.  You said you had 10 inches of snow and snowblowing to do yesterday.  Were you happy about the snow and the blowing of it or were you just bored and glad to have somethin'to do?  We had snow a coupla days ago and the next day it was in the low 50s and totally melted all of the snow and I was happy to see it go. BTW, loved your playlist.

Thanks @catwoman500  for understanding my vent a few days ago and thanks for the congrats for the ACE badge.

Right now today, the weather is beautiful here.  The sun is full up and our skies are deceptively blue and clear.  All seems right with the world....except there are more cars in my neighbors' driveways this morning as we are on a "stay at home" mandate here in Michigan.  Seems like my neighbors are following the order because under normal circumstances at this time of the day, my entire subdivision would be desolate of cars, trucks, and people.  So all is quiet on the midwestern front.  

I am still working everyday and striving to stay healthy while on the job and out in the community.  Eating good and enjoying cooking more so than ever.  Need a little more shuteye.  But I'm dealing with it.  Just praying everybody here is taking care to be safe and staying connected with loved ones and friends as best as possible.  Hopefully, if we all do the right things, just maybe we'll get through this time alive and well....together.

Anyway, I guess I need to get motivated for the day and I.......

"Ouch!"

Lyds

Highlighted

Message 96 of 190

GREETINGS  All,

I wish I  could  send  boxes out to you. I  have  plenty  of  supplies,  but  today  I  have a  cough and a slight  fever.  Called my Dr early  this morning.  Since,  I have  been  staying  inside,  do to having  Bronchitis.  I did finish my  Antibiotics  about  2 days  ago.  So, as soon  as I  am able  to  go out, I will  start  sending  boxes  again.  Just  been  a long  time  since  I  have  had  energy.  

Love all the  posts and pictures.  Everyone  take care  of  your  self.  Looking  forward  to  reading  all the  great posts and seeing  all those WONDERFUL  pictures.  Nancy 

Highlighted

Message 97 of 190

I have all my shopping done, took me 3 mornings and 5 stores.  Only 4 grocery stores, as one of the stores I went went to was Petsmart.   Received Chewy email that my shipment of dog food was not on its way I had to do something quick.  Pestmart is well stocked but they do not want you in the store they have a number to call for curbside pick up.  The grocery stores are well stocked with most food items.  Some do not have bread or legumes and none have TP,  except teeny rolls.   Hopefully I will still be in good health after the next 5 days passes.  Planning to stay put now for anotherweek or so.

Weather is beautiful here and it is easy to forget the virus for a short while.  I am waiting for that bullet train which is supposed to come from  New York to hit us.   Hope that it does not.

Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 190

GREETINGS  ALL,

I FINALLY  GOT  THE AARP GODS TO LET ME POST SOMETHING. I  hope everyone  is  doing  well  and  staying  stafe.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 99 of 190

Afternoon boredom is to be replaced with snowblowing today👍.

We picked up perhaps 10", and it's time to blow into neighbors yards.🤣

Then perhaps up to the store for chocolate, for now expresso is calling.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted

Message 100 of 190

@LydiaN586309 ...Just noticed your ACE. Congrats! Cat Wink

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users