Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL MARCH-APRIL 2020 CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL MARCH-APRIL 2020 CLOSED

Good Morning to the Front Porch and Welcome to March 2020 Goodbye February, 2020.

Hoping everyone has a great First Day OF MARCH 2020.

goodbye-february_001.jpgmarch_003.jpg 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Considering we both have the same birth year, there is an ulterior in my reasoning skills.

I know I feel old but, slowly improving if nothing new breaks.

15-20 minute showers do feel better Than Navy or RV showers.

The joy and problem of oil furnace and hot water heat. Only gripe when circulator pump dies, like last year on relatively new furnace.

My previous furnace was 50 years old and never had issues but, it slurped down oil 1000 gallons vs 250 gallons on the new one per year.

Yes, I did read of T's latest hope? Of leaving cruise ships at sea so, his numbers wouldn't take a hit🤣, let's hope that won't happen. Seems GOP don't like that idea for the moment.

And on that note time to play with someone's computer, after disinfecting, cleaning (dust bunnies) suiting up and putting in hazmat clean room, it's 59* out there and feel like it can happen today.

Hope all remain healthy, I need caffeine,

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem wrote:

@MsStretch 

Considering we both have the same birth year, there is an ulterior in my reasoning skills.

I hear you on that one and I get your reasoning!  👍  I'm all about 'reimaging my life'. 😄

Think the 'elderly' moniker was a CDC thing, and when I heard it, I thought, "Oh, so I'm one of them now."  🙄

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Morning all Tuesday - 40* and cloudy, I'd say the word that goes with DST but, would jinx it's coming. Mud is advancing in the driveway and snowpack is down to 4'.

Only one possible snow storm coming but, I see 10' section of grass.🤣

@MsStretch 

To be honest I heard the same CDC bit and how 30-somethings we're in the senior group, and think we 50-80 year olds all cracked up.

Time to play in garage, clean house (kinda) and open a window for first time since November?

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone,

Yes, @Frozenoem   the Ace info came in a PM from someone at AARP. Had no clue it would be an instant thing after I just added a couple of things to my profile. Took all of 30 seconds.

My windows were open yesterday…so nice in 70 degree sun. Rain today and cooler.

Went to see my accountant and drop off my tax stuff this morning.

@LydiaN586309 Yep, a 50 gallon hot water heater for me, too. The old one was 50 also, and even though it’s just me, I do like my hot water.

@MsStretch elderly, schmelderly, call me what you want as long as you don’t put me on a mountain top to die. LOL  Cat LOL

I do hate it that some people on those cruise ships are being shunned when they get back home even if they have tested negative for the virus.

I think we need to say a prayer for everyone out there as the situation only gets worse. At least 25 schools closed today for deep cleaning in the Philly and burbs area. A lot of the “trouble” around here is due to one CHOP (Children’s Hospital of Phila.) doctor who returning from Italy, saw 13 children in his suburban office. The doctor is now in critical condition at the Hospital of the University of PA. At least one of his patients goes to one of our elementary schools which is one of the ones closed today.

Stay safe! WASH YOUR HANDS! Cat Wink

Slainte!Slainte!

Honored Social Butterfly

Wednesday afternoon hi y'all.

Went from relative heat to 35* and cloudy, guess that means more wood from garage🤣.

My supplies for month or two will arrive later tonight. Not ready to deal with humans shopping.

To date we (Maine) are still Covid Free. But, we may have an influx of 100,000 visitors for maple syrup weekend when trees are tapped and sap boiled for snow cone goodness at the sugar houses.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Front Porchers,

@DaveMcK , Love those saddle stools! Great photos!

It’s partly sunny again and kind of mild at 55.

I ran some errands today and noticed that even the clerks at the Dollar Store were wearing latex gloves and there was a container of hand sanitizer for the customers’ use. I have received emails from Best Buy, Fresh Market, and AAA stating their intent to keep the public safe by implementing procedures and having sanitizing products in their places of business.

I saw that the World Health Organization has declared that the coronavirus outbreak can be called a pandemic. This will get worse before it gets better.

SOON!!!!!!SOON!!!!!!

Please stay safe, everyone!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, Porch Peeps!

It’s kind of gloomy here in the Philly burbs with rain expected for most of the day, but then…ta da…a gorgeous Sunday is forecast and a Monday close to 70!

I heard it was International Women's Day today...go girls!

I have nothing special planned for the weekend so I’ll just chillax and get a few things done around here.

Here’s to everyone having a safe weekend.

Looks like my pictures are posting again. Cat Wink

YES!YES!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem ...Don't forget the TP on your shopping trip. Apparently people are stocking up. Sheesh! Cat LOL

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

I think I could TP at least 4 25'x 50'x 3 story buildings. Live where some TP is made, bought a pallet full for $5 in 2005.

It's the important stuff required coffee! Etc must haves.

Even in my local Wally World, TP and hand sanitizer was sold out but, everything else was still on shelves. Think people up here are treating Corona like a normal shopping for extended blizzard season.

It's the extended normal flu season that's messing with people this year. This the first time in 15 years flu shot didn't work, for me. 3 x under the weather.

It's the other bits that are worrisome, absenteeism due to sickness and trying to fill RX when pharmacists are down for count.

Or the rising counts of others with corona in NH, who hadn't left the country but, flew within last 6 weeks or left that state.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this last Saturday of February the 29th,  2020. 

It is stating out as a cool sunny morning and warming up to the low 30's with a warmer Sunday in the low 50's. Hoping everyone has a great weekend.

Hello-March-Wishes.jpg73325422_2881079651905190_1906855768779390976_n.jpgFB_IMG_1548728072038.jpgFB_IMG_1540150253601.jpg37398787_10216333850958686_3665361662052925440_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP