Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 151 of 253

Good afternoon all😎, 84 but, it’s good.

@MsStretch 

Now, I can stop fretting but, don’t expect 20 mile hikes for awhile. I pray🙏.

Will be soaking and have retired my Kelty (Backpack) for abit. Time to find muscle relaxers - and definitely dry out (water) bladders, I was tired by return and ignored them.

@wvgirlforever 

Have a question I never thought I ask anyone, what color are your walls😀? Have a large black wood stove in the middle of my living room, and tired of looking at 1960 fern wallpaper.

The wall color makes the black mantle and tv fade out.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 152 of 253

Happy Tuesday morning to everyone.  Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes.  I got to spend some time with my son and his family.  That made the day a whole lot better.  I didn't even see there was any type of response from all of you with the wishes until this morning when I signed in.  For some reason, I don't seem to be getting the notices when I am mentioned (if that's supposed to happen).  It has been so horribly hot the past couple of days and this morning it has dropped around 10+ degrees and no humidity.  YAY!!!!!  I was supposed to be retiring this coming Friday but with the virus going on it seemed smarter to keep getting a paycheck if I still have to stay home and sit on my couch working from home.  Who thought we would see anything like this in our lifetime?  Have a wonderful day!!

4 grandsons that make my day every day

Marilyn

4 grandsons.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 153 of 253

f99c343e8b8ab3657f888c44adef5672--tuesday-greetings-weekend-greetings.jpg

Good morning to all On the Front Porch. May you all have a Wonderful Beautiful Happy Blessed Tuesday 🌞🙂👋

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 154 of 253

@Frozenoem , glad to hear Joe finally made it to his forever destination and his family and friends were there to encourage and see him on his way.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 155 of 253

Monday eve.

We survived the hike in and back left at 5 am -66*, arrived at 97*, returned at 87* and gully washer of thunderstorms and rain.

Think Chou/Joe’s kids understand why he wanted to come here for final rest.

Promise kept👍😷

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 156 of 253

Happy Monday, Porch Peeps,

@LaDolceVita ...You and "WVgirl" (for some reason her ID didn't come up when I typed the @ key) are both brave to post your photos. Even if I could find one I'm not that brave. LOL! 😸

@Frozenoem ... I'm taking your "stock up" advice...After the post office I stopped for wine. 👍

Still hot here. Can't believe how long my AC has been on without a break. Going to hate to see the next electric bill. 🙀

You all take care.

Apparently not anymore. Ahh, nostalgia.Apparently not anymore. Ahh, nostalgia.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 157 of 253

@wvgirlforever   Love  your picture!   Here is my id in 1978.  I think I forgot to comb my hair.

id.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 158 of 253

photo-1533907650686-70576141c030.jpegphoto-1508713225396-af921fdefb38.jpeggood-night-images-for-friends-01.jpgGood evening to everyone on the Front Porch on this Sunday July 26th, 2020. 

There is a wall of water running of our roof. The heavy rains willing continue into the early morning. Climate change is giving us a full plate this Weekend. Hurricanes to draught to  tornado's cutting a bath across the land. I fear we will see an increase in weather events in the years to come.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 159 of 253

Afternoon, I seem to have hibernated 97*, when the room starts spinning time to nap.

@wvgirlforever 

Happy 🎁 Birthday hope you enjoyed it.

Hope all are preparing to stock up on vittles like Jed Clampett - I am. With dead hitting 1000 per day and a second shutdown looming, bought little things like food.

Think I’m taking my hike tomorrow, shouldn’t be more than 97*, no other alternative.

Quick in and out with backup plan of lodging elsewhere for WA state contingent.

Presently sterilizing my Camelback and bladders for water storage.Joe enjoyed hydration so, he won’t mind sharing my backpack with them.

I’m outta here at crack of dawn.

Froze.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 160 of 253

TO: Our @wvgirlforever 

Happy-Belated-Birthday-Glitter-Image.gif

Glad to her you had such an enjoyable big day.  Happy Birthday to you and may you have many more!

Lydia

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit