Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 121 of 242

Afternoon all on this Monday, have been busy playing with chain saws, just in case of Tropical Storm Isaias hitting.

Winds May play havoc on my trees, 20-30 mph no problem that’s a minor blizzard. 50-70 we could have problems, yep have heard a wide variety of wind speeds.

Rain shouldn’t be an issue, I hope. Back in ‘38 it was responsible for knocking down acres of trees, had to climb over and around those trees last Monday.

Hope all are preparing for excitement coming, and storm surges if any. Personally hoping for a Gloria type that fizzled out when ai lived in Western MA.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 242

Hi, All,

Shopping is finished, eBay is finished, and if I go outside, I may be finished, too! WOW, Talk about the muggies. It feels like one step out the door takes the breath right from your lungs and wraps a warm blanket around your whole body at the same time. UGH!

Loving everyone's pet photos.

I don't have one of Licorice...guessing I didn't have a digital camera back then. You can probably figure out that he was all black (not "red" as my first graders thought) LOL. Whenever I asked a class what color they thought my car was when I told them his name, they would all say, "RED!"

So, I'm off to grab another cup of Joe...doesn't matter to me how hot it is, I can always drink coffee...hot or iced.

Stay safe in your travels or your stays at home.

Can't you just smell that?Can't you just smell that?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 242

@wvgirlforever ,  what a sweet picture of your boy Rodney.  Sorry for your loss.  But he reminds me of my dog Zippy whom I had as a child many, many moons ago.  Yes, pets are the best and they make great family members too! 

aBeagle5.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 242

@DaveMcK I was one of those July birthdays or my day better known as Christmas in July.  Just happy to still be here.  🤣

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 242

@DaveMcK Good morning!  You've certainly got all of the pictures rolling this morning.  Love the MINIONS 😘.  It looks like a beautiful morning here in Illinois.  The weather is supposed to be a lot better this week with less humidity.  My son & his family are headed for Gatlinburg, TN tomorrow morning so I won't have my support team around for about a week.  I am seriously thinking about heading to West Virginia at the end of this month to visit a brother in Cincinnati and the other one in Morgantown, WV.  I know I'll have to be super safe along the way but sure need to get out of town and see different scenery.

A picture that still puts a smile on my face to this day.  Had this little guy for 16 years and had to say goodbye several years ago.  My boy, Rodney.   Aren't pets the best ♥

Have a good day everyone😎

Both of my Little Buddies-05.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 242

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Sunday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching CBS Sunday morning news. 

Goodbye-July-Hello-August-Beautiful-Pics.jpg

1080x360.jpeg77268942_1226477090877917_8139465794791669760_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 242

Good morning to Everyone On the Front Porch 😁 !!!! Welcome to August 🙂. For those in the path of the hurricane please be safe and heed the warnings. May you all have a Wonderful Blessed Saturday !!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 242

Good Morning, Porch Peeps! HAPPY AUGUST!

Hoping no one gets hit by this new hurricane with the strange name!

Finally was able to have windows open last night...great sleeping with "real" air. They are still open, but I have a feeling I'll need the AC before long. At least we are getting a relief from those 90's. I just really enjoy having my coffee on the porch in the morning without melting.

Not much news from this end of the block.

@DaveMcK ...good luck in your new home.

@LaDolceVita ...Always love your countdowns to fall. 😸

Everyone stay safe and stay well!

Already???Already???

Start the day with a smile!Start the day with a smile!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 242

@DaveMcK   I hope you will enjoy living at the new place!   Will take getting used to I guess.  @Frozenoem   5 bedrooms, 3 floors, yikes.   I am tired all the time , especially now that it is hot partially due to the size of the house.   The bedrooms are all upstairs and I have to transport  food and beverages to mom & companion. I actually use the lift chair  because if I do not I get way too tired by midday! 

The weather is miserable, not all that hot, high 80s  but no rain, just little spurts of water from the sky and HUMID.   31 more days to go.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 242

@catwoman500

@LydiaN586309  my washer/dryer is in the basement as well.  I, however, have rented for the past 26 years so won't be moving anything.  I take it very carefully when I am going up and down the stairs.  I'm afraid of falling more than anything.  Luckily, I don't have to do too many loads of wash each week.  More bath towels and bed sheets,  Maybe we should just have someone else do the laundry. 

Marilyn🤣😂

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit