Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 101 of 248

@MsStretch 

Ever since ‘89 and Cousin in San Francisco he calls everyone for any tremor he feels.

His mother was a little irritated by his not calling her immediately. Can anyone say Sat phone and speed dial for cousins now.🤣

Keep suggesting 6.2 or 6.9 are call worthy. Nope any tremor is call.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 248

@Frozenoem , oh yeah, forgot about the earthquake.  Happened SW of me.  News reports say no damage done.  I didn't feel a thing. 😁

Chill out, @OscarE1968 , as best you can down there in sunny, balmy Tucson. 🥵🚿

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 248

Greetings and good morning from Hot sunny 🌞 Tucson, Az 😁. Hope everyone has a wonderful blessed Sunday enjoying a cool refreshment On The Front Porch 🙂

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 248

Sunday awoke to cousin in VA calling to tell me he was fine - huh?

Seems VA , North & South Carolina, TN had a 2.6 to 5.1 earthquake, this morning around 8 am. 

Slight damage to his brickwork, and he lost a few bottles to gravity and slate floors.

Here it’s 83* and time to mow, think 5.1 is low on Richter scale?

But, figured I should ask how Y’all are doing. 

It’s these times I remember we have a quake line running through Maine, and our 5.0’s have slept through.

Was going to suggest RadioShack dot com, if people want masks 50 for $20, and hand sanitizers if you can’t find locally. Yes, they do still exist RadioShack, even have one local store.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 248

@LaDolceVita , hope you're feeling better.  You can't be too careful these days.

There isn't a Kroger's in my area, but selling masks should be a win-win for stores.  Everyone needs them and in the long run, reusable and rewashable will be cheaper than buying throwaways by the boxful.  Not sure how many stores around here offer them (I don't do much in-person shopping these days 😁), but did get mine at Target.com.  And I am seeing more colorful, creative masks on people than the old drudgy-looking generic ones. 😷

Virginia is the first state (and only one thus far) to offer a new app -- Covidwise.  (You can read more about it at link.)   A joint effort between Apple and Google, I installed it when it first became available.  Of course, participation is strictly voluntary, but the conspiracy theories and urban legends that have emerged are typical in today's social media world.  However, I am willing to contribute in any way possible to fight COVID-19.  I also participate in Fitbit's COVID-19 study.

Nice sunny day here, not too hot which is good since my AC/heater unit went down.  Got a standalone temp one with fans set up everywhere to circulate the air.  Small house, but upstairs loft area can get a little warm.  New one to be installed any day now, maybe today.  One thing about renting, you don't have to pay for major repairs. 💸

Tags (4)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 248

white-roses-coffee-good-morning-note-table-.jpg

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 248

662DA008-BA91-4306-9313-72B3BEB1E5EA-300x164.jpeg

Hello & good morning to all on the front porch 🙂

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 248

OIP (7).jpg

Goody morning, Front Porchers!

Here's a little video about a couple of  fast fur friends.  Love and sweetness to start the day.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 248

No humidity 👍= comfy 80* a drip free day😷.

@LaDolceVita 

Overly tired vitamins and power nap/sleep, I let my body tell me, what it requires.

Only a few surprising 12 hour sleeps, when I slept through alarms, I must have been tired.🤣.

Back to searching for those pesky shingles for roof, they have to match. Rather not need to buy in Vermont, Maine and/or NH no problem.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 248

Good Friday Morning, Porch Peeps!

Gloomy here, humid but cooler for now. Started off with rain, then thank goodness it stopped long enough for my tree guy to come and survey the situation. He said it looks like a clean cut, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Also, it was not on top of the gas meter, whew!

As long as he was here, I had him look around and see if any other trees needed attention. Just 2 need some work, so he’ll work up the estimate and email it.

Looks like it will rain again. I have a load of laundry in the dryer…oh it just beeped. And, I unclogged the bathroom sink. So I’m ahead of the game so far.

@LaDolceVita ...Oh, I don’t like hearing that you are feeling so tired. It probably doesn’t help to know that during this pandemic, so many people are feeling the same. Wish I could send you some flowers.

Cheers!Cheers!

@wvgirlforever ...YES! The last 2 nights I have had my windows open, too. I love it!

@LydiaN586309 ...Love that cat picture. Made me chuckle!

@DaveMcK ...It’s national lighthouse day!

Cape May, NJCape May, NJ

Time for more coffee...

August coffee.jpg

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit