Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 81 of 238

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Wednesday in August, 2020. Hoping everyone is staying safe and stay well!

FB_IMG_1551995550273.jpg70002281_2509242822503443_4631434540047400960_n.jpgFB_IMG_1550844866043.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 238

83* and HHH, oppressive dew point . Worked until 4am and retired at lovely 78*.

I’m beginning to miss Winter, snow and arctic temp’s only 6 more months to blank below temp’s.🤣

Have my 2 cords firewood drying in yard, and last years cord raring to go. I’m not quite ready to haul in. Autumn yes.

Need to check roofing order, expresso required. Will have another steel roof on garage.

Plus point - will never need to shovel 4-5 feet of snow off roof ever again, should shed quickly like main house.

@MsStretch 

Unless outside, I’m living on expresso for the moment. Used to gag co-workers in Phoenix drinking hot coffee when 110*🤣. About the same while at Pentagon City.

@catwoman500 

Re: flies, spiders and fast moving insects. Pick up a salt gun at a yard sale. Looks like water pistol but shoots salt using air. Vaporizes then from across the room🤣.

Results May vary depending upon eyesight and hand/eye coordination.PD taught me to use either hand, thankfully.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 238

Hi, Porch Peeps!

So hot here. Went to bring the trash cans around to load up and thought it was way hotter. Only 88, but…the feels like is 99. Ugh! Rain’s a’comin’ this afternoon. 😺

I was enjoying watching the goldfinches eating the seeds of my coneflowers. I wish I could take a photo, but when I open the door, they fly away.

Ooops…just heard thunder. Still sunny!

Not much new around here.

Went to Starbucks yesterday. Highlight of the week so far! 

You all take care.

It's time!It's time!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 238

Hot and humid in VA, too, but as I speak type, my new AC is being installed. Woo hoo!

Had my cups of coffee earlier, now it's on to the iced version.  Any leftover coffee in the morning goes into a pitcher I keep in 'frig.  Ready at a moment's notice for a refreshing rehydrating caffeinated break at any time. 🥤 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 238

Hi, All,

91 feeling like 97…(that’s the temp, not my age, although I do feel like the age at times. LOL)  it’s sunny and breezy, but it’s humid, so it’s back to the dog days.  Arf!

Got my exercise for the day chasing and finally killing a spotted lantern fly. Geeze they are hard to get.

Then I had to walk to the far corner of the backyard to get a beach ball that had flown over the fence a few days ago. Not sure why the kids didn’t come for it like usual. Anyway, walking on uneven ground was tricky…I’m not supposed to do that, but I made it.

@LaDolceVita …21 days until my teeth cleaning and exam, finally.

@Frozenoem ...cute bank sign.

Time for another cuppa joe!

Have a great week.

Oh, yeah!Oh, yeah!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 238

@LaDolceVita 

Camelot begins at the voting booth, unless you speak of other than JFK Camelot.

Sitting on AC today, HHH with heavy thunderstorms coming. Bad day for being upright.Might be time for expresso.

8F0DFA17-0861-4C2C-8FA7-66B4E602DEB7.jpeg

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 238

@catwoman500   Your last coffee picture is funny.  Hot and miserable here, 21days to go.    I wish I could say something interesting or upbeat  but I am uncomfortable and wishing for Camelot. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 238

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Sunday in August, 2020. We watched CBS Sunday Morning which  was a great show as always! I would like to thank all  of the people posting here.  We have some new members on the Front Porch. Looking at the number of viewers we are reaching out to many people with positive  and enjoyable posts. 

Thank You all for making the Front Porch such a positive stop!1080x360.jpegdownload_(10)(1).jpeg117121963_1716992555134066_5440363211990620461_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 238

@MsStretch thank you 😁 don't have plans on going out today it's 10 am and in the 90's 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 238

Hi there, Peeps,

Another Sunday at the Acme and then Ebay listings. The Acme is going to drive me nuts before all this renovation is finished, must have walked a mile trying to find salsa since it wasn’t where it was listed on the “cheat sheet” aisle map.

Met my friend and we had a good chat.

Had to turn the AC back on. It had been a nice couple of days and nights without it.…sorry about yours, @MsStretch .

Guess I won’t be having my Sunday glass of wine on the porch today. I’m just happy it’s sunny after all those darn storms last week. More rain and storms due by Wednesday.

@Lydia....loved the piglet and calf video!

@Frozenoem …didn’t hear about the earthquake!

Time to pay some bills.

You all have a safe and relaxing Sunday!

Make it a good one!Make it a good one!

Coffee is calling...literally!Coffee is calling...literally!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit