Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 111 of 253

white-roses-coffee-good-morning-note-table-.jpg

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 253

662DA008-BA91-4306-9313-72B3BEB1E5EA-300x164.jpeg

Hello & good morning to all on the front porch 🙂

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 253

OIP (7).jpg

Goody morning, Front Porchers!

Here's a little video about a couple of  fast fur friends.  Love and sweetness to start the day.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 253

No humidity 👍= comfy 80* a drip free day😷.

@LaDolceVita 

Overly tired vitamins and power nap/sleep, I let my body tell me, what it requires.

Only a few surprising 12 hour sleeps, when I slept through alarms, I must have been tired.🤣.

Back to searching for those pesky shingles for roof, they have to match. Rather not need to buy in Vermont, Maine and/or NH no problem.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 253

Good Friday Morning, Porch Peeps!

Gloomy here, humid but cooler for now. Started off with rain, then thank goodness it stopped long enough for my tree guy to come and survey the situation. He said it looks like a clean cut, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Also, it was not on top of the gas meter, whew!

As long as he was here, I had him look around and see if any other trees needed attention. Just 2 need some work, so he’ll work up the estimate and email it.

Looks like it will rain again. I have a load of laundry in the dryer…oh it just beeped. And, I unclogged the bathroom sink. So I’m ahead of the game so far.

@LaDolceVita ...Oh, I don’t like hearing that you are feeling so tired. It probably doesn’t help to know that during this pandemic, so many people are feeling the same. Wish I could send you some flowers.

Cheers!Cheers!

@wvgirlforever ...YES! The last 2 nights I have had my windows open, too. I love it!

@LydiaN586309 ...Love that cat picture. Made me chuckle!

@DaveMcK ...It’s national lighthouse day!

Cape May, NJCape May, NJ

Time for more coffee...

August coffee.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 253

Thursday 73* hazy hot and humid has disappeared for the next few days👍.

Trying to find enough shingles or steel roofing to do my garage isn’t so easy to find.👎🏻 Rather not put it off for another year.

Time to find another mask, and pickup my air pods from P.O. after that next coffee.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 253

OIP (3).jpg

Good morning, Porch Peeps!

I am so happy to hear that for the most part we've all survived the storms of wind and rain in these recent days.  @catwoman500, that tree limb broke, but how blessed you are that it didn't hit the house or your car or break through that picture window!   And @wvgirlforever, we, too, have been having super cold nights here.  In fact, when I got off work last night, I remarked out loud to myself just how freezing cold it was and that  I guess it's already heading to fall and how I'd best bring a jacket with me from now on.  I don't think we'll be having anymore warm nights now.  And although I, too, enjoy all of the seasons, by far winter is my least favorite.  Maybe if I could ski or ice skate or go sledding or ice fishing or snowmobiling or any outdoor winter activity, I'd find some pleasure in winter.  But for me, the most enjoyment I have in winter is me with a hot cup of joe in one hand and a Krispy Kreme in the other watching the snowfall from the warm side of my living room window.

@LaDolceVita, I am sorry you are feeling so tired.  I can relate to that!   Sometimes no matter how much coffee you drink or naps one tries to take, you just can't seem to shake the tiredness.  On the weekends, I try to set my ship straight by getting a lotta sleep, fixing some really good home-cooked meals, and doubling up on the vitamins and ice cold water.  Rest is, for me, the best medicine.  Not to lecture, but I know you are a caregiver.  And as a caregiver myself, I've learned one thing--you can't provide your best care of anyone else unless and until you take care of good ol' irreplaceable you first!  Hope you feel better sooner than later.

I've been working on some household chores today before I head off to work.  Just cleared out and cleaned out the refrigerator and washed up all of the half-filled storage containers that had taken up most of the fridge's shelf space.  Got two full loads of laundry to fold and put away.  But it's getting close to my afternoon nap time and despite having a hefty cup of java this morning, I think I might hafta make a detour to the bed--DO NOT PASS GO! Smile.

Hope everybody is doing okay. Stay safe and healthy.  And above all...

Enjoy-Your-Day-Dancing-With-Dancing-Frogs.gif

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 253

@LaDolceVita  you need some of my weather the past few days.  It was dropped to the 50s the past 3 nights so I could turn off the air conditioner and open the bedroom window.  So refreshing!!  It's' supposed to start creeping back up today though to day time temps in the 80s and in the 90s over the weekend.  I could never live where it's hot weather all of the time.  Guess that keeps me out of Florida, Arizona, Texas, California & several other places.  I do like all of the seasons as well.

Hope everyone will have a wonderful Thursday.😊

Marilyn

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 253

Hot and miserable here and I am so far behind in my chores  that I can no  longer agree with one of my favorite sayings,  the one about hope springing eternally.   I am giving up, feel much like the hamster on the wheel.  Perhaps part of it is the heat.   Soo tired, the word "tired" just plays over and over in my brain.   I hope I feel better soon.  I do not sound good, even to myself.

They are now selling masks by the checkout  at my Kroger, lots of different styles.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 253

Afternoon 84* and no storm damage👍, only lost power briefly barely a shudder on my UPS powering router.

@DaveMcK 

Your picture of dog reminded me of two of mine, who couldn’t be trusted alone with my coffee cups. Rott/lab and Dutchies both would and did toss back my great ones from DD without spilling a drop. Regardless of number of no’s sent their way.

@catwoman500 

Hear you on the generator backup, almost wish I had neighbors.

Until I discovered a simple transfer switch and another box for electrical does the same thing. With the addition of a manual start generator, less than $1000 Maine dollars. I’m cheap and admit it.

Froze

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit