Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 131 of 264

Afternoon 84* and no storm damage👍, only lost power briefly barely a shudder on my UPS powering router.

@DaveMcK 

Your picture of dog reminded me of two of mine, who couldn’t be trusted alone with my coffee cups. Rott/lab and Dutchies both would and did toss back my great ones from DD without spilling a drop. Regardless of number of no’s sent their way.

@catwoman500 

Hear you on the generator backup, almost wish I had neighbors.

Until I discovered a simple transfer switch and another box for electrical does the same thing. With the addition of a manual start generator, less than $1000 Maine dollars. I’m cheap and admit it.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 264

Hi there, Porchers!

@wvgirlforever …Alive and well, here in the Philly burbs. Thankfully we did not lose power. 5 tornadoes touched down in the PA/NJ/DE area. Over 300,000 without power.

@MsStretch …Glad you made it through the storm. I did move my purse and cellphone to the bottom of the stairs, right in the center of the first floor of the house between 3 doorways just in case.

We had a wild and wooly day yesterday!

It was scary for a while during the tornado warnings. I heard a loud thud and looked out all my windows but saw nothing, Then later I saw that it was a limb that came off the big tree in the front, but it’s still attached to the tree. Missed the picture window, but squashed the heck out of my forsythia bush. It may be covering the gas meter, too! I called the tree service this AM and the arborist will be out Friday AM…of course he only assesses the damage and then it may be weeks before the actual crew can come out, especially with how busy they will be after this storm. Other than that, I don’t even see much debris. Best part was we didn’t lose power. The lights were flickering for a long time, but the power held so I consider myself lucky. If it wasn’t so darn expensive, I would have had a complete in-house generator put in years ago when I got the estimate. Now it’s probably thousands more than the $13,000 it would have been back then!

You all stay safe and well!

Stay close, but keep your distance!Stay close, but keep your distance!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 264

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Wednesday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching CBS Wednesday morning news. The boat is at a Lighthouse in Port Washington, Wisconsin . We have watched  Brewers baseball the last two evenings. Enjoy your morning coffee and stay safe,  stay well. 

npl-5.jpg77268942_1226477090877917_8139465794791669760_n.jpg1280px-Bear_claw_pastry.jpeg20200103_191153.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 264

61dklek8acL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Good evening Everyone hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday !!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 264

@MsStretch 

Timestamped yesterday at 5:20pm, the younger trees less than 2 years old are turning red/brown now.He also has undersized lot 60x33’, surrounded by trees with thick cover.

More mature 10+ no problems, had almost wished for more rain from the storm, may still get my wish.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 264

@Frozenoem , that's a big boy there.  When was that picture captured?  Judging by the bare trees, looks like winter or fall since no snow.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 264

Looks like we have dodged storm for now, mountains will keep storm further West into Vermont and Western MA.👍

Not totally out of problems tornado watch and high winds expected - gale force to 50-60 mph. Power outages perhaps, everything light has been pulled inside. Battery packs are charging, and camp stove at the ready with percolator, coffee is necessary survival equipment.

Friend from up near wildcat sent me picture of his visitor yesterday, captured on trail camera. Just another day in Paradise.

63828084-CAA8-4D5E-B4AC-89B5C4E61269.jpeg

Playing with chainsaw comment just means trying to ensure it starts when or if needed.Versus cussing at it for not starting. Hate using old bow saw to cut downed limbs, especially with the size of limbs around here.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 264

Looks like we dodged the bullet in my part of Virginia -- 50 mi. S of D.C.  Or I slept through it.  😴  Woke up to clear skies, calm winds.  Everything soaking wet, but we did get hit with some hellatious storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  Not a lot of storm detritus lying around from all these trees. At one point, emergency alert to take cover immediately due to tornado in area came BEEEEEPING over my phone.  Dodged that one too.  Furkids were out to greet me none the worse for wear.  (Except Stellar. 😥 Finally had to accept he is gone.  Bless his little soul.) 

@catwoman500 , @Frozenoem , and anyone else N of me, hunker down and be safe.

@wvgirlforever , great action shot of your grandson.  He looks like a natural!

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 139 of 264

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Tuesday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching Tuesday morning news. We have hurricanes too the East of here and wildfires West of here with the Virus all around me. 

I pray that you all be safe and stay well!

77393192.jpeg104752759_173995934088668_3446689781463993761_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpgeden_climber_web3_1.jpg

Many gardens have never looked so good!

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 264

@catwoman500  hope things don't get too bad for you with the storm coming up the east coast.  Here is the mid-west it's a beautiful, cool & sunny morning.  I could open up the window last night and turn off the air conditioner as it was in the 50s.  It's supposed to be even cooler this evening.  It will go back up into the 80s toward the weekend.  As I am fairly new on here, is it ok to ask everyone who posts on here regularly to tell me the state where you reside.  I can tell you seem to now each other fairly well because of the conversations you have about what each other is doing.  I hope each of you will have a wonderful day.  Stay well and stay safe.

Marilyn

How I miss this during this time of year.  Youngest grandson 🙂

youngest grandsonyoungest grandson

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements