Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 101 of 238

Thursday 73* hazy hot and humid has disappeared for the next few days👍.

Trying to find enough shingles or steel roofing to do my garage isn’t so easy to find.👎🏻 Rather not put it off for another year.

Time to find another mask, and pickup my air pods from P.O. after that next coffee.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 238

OIP (3).jpg

Good morning, Porch Peeps!

I am so happy to hear that for the most part we've all survived the storms of wind and rain in these recent days.  @catwoman500, that tree limb broke, but how blessed you are that it didn't hit the house or your car or break through that picture window!   And @wvgirlforever, we, too, have been having super cold nights here.  In fact, when I got off work last night, I remarked out loud to myself just how freezing cold it was and that  I guess it's already heading to fall and how I'd best bring a jacket with me from now on.  I don't think we'll be having anymore warm nights now.  And although I, too, enjoy all of the seasons, by far winter is my least favorite.  Maybe if I could ski or ice skate or go sledding or ice fishing or snowmobiling or any outdoor winter activity, I'd find some pleasure in winter.  But for me, the most enjoyment I have in winter is me with a hot cup of joe in one hand and a Krispy Kreme in the other watching the snowfall from the warm side of my living room window.

@LaDolceVita, I am sorry you are feeling so tired.  I can relate to that!   Sometimes no matter how much coffee you drink or naps one tries to take, you just can't seem to shake the tiredness.  On the weekends, I try to set my ship straight by getting a lotta sleep, fixing some really good home-cooked meals, and doubling up on the vitamins and ice cold water.  Rest is, for me, the best medicine.  Not to lecture, but I know you are a caregiver.  And as a caregiver myself, I've learned one thing--you can't provide your best care of anyone else unless and until you take care of good ol' irreplaceable you first!  Hope you feel better sooner than later.

I've been working on some household chores today before I head off to work.  Just cleared out and cleaned out the refrigerator and washed up all of the half-filled storage containers that had taken up most of the fridge's shelf space.  Got two full loads of laundry to fold and put away.  But it's getting close to my afternoon nap time and despite having a hefty cup of java this morning, I think I might hafta make a detour to the bed--DO NOT PASS GO! Smile.

Hope everybody is doing okay. Stay safe and healthy.  And above all...

Enjoy-Your-Day-Dancing-With-Dancing-Frogs.gif

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 238

@LaDolceVita  you need some of my weather the past few days.  It was dropped to the 50s the past 3 nights so I could turn off the air conditioner and open the bedroom window.  So refreshing!!  It's' supposed to start creeping back up today though to day time temps in the 80s and in the 90s over the weekend.  I could never live where it's hot weather all of the time.  Guess that keeps me out of Florida, Arizona, Texas, California & several other places.  I do like all of the seasons as well.

Hope everyone will have a wonderful Thursday.😊

Marilyn

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 238

Hot and miserable here and I am so far behind in my chores  that I can no  longer agree with one of my favorite sayings,  the one about hope springing eternally.   I am giving up, feel much like the hamster on the wheel.  Perhaps part of it is the heat.   Soo tired, the word "tired" just plays over and over in my brain.   I hope I feel better soon.  I do not sound good, even to myself.

They are now selling masks by the checkout  at my Kroger, lots of different styles.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 238

Afternoon 84* and no storm damage👍, only lost power briefly barely a shudder on my UPS powering router.

@DaveMcK 

Your picture of dog reminded me of two of mine, who couldn’t be trusted alone with my coffee cups. Rott/lab and Dutchies both would and did toss back my great ones from DD without spilling a drop. Regardless of number of no’s sent their way.

@catwoman500 

Hear you on the generator backup, almost wish I had neighbors.

Until I discovered a simple transfer switch and another box for electrical does the same thing. With the addition of a manual start generator, less than $1000 Maine dollars. I’m cheap and admit it.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 238

Hi there, Porchers!

@wvgirlforever …Alive and well, here in the Philly burbs. Thankfully we did not lose power. 5 tornadoes touched down in the PA/NJ/DE area. Over 300,000 without power.

@MsStretch …Glad you made it through the storm. I did move my purse and cellphone to the bottom of the stairs, right in the center of the first floor of the house between 3 doorways just in case.

We had a wild and wooly day yesterday!

It was scary for a while during the tornado warnings. I heard a loud thud and looked out all my windows but saw nothing, Then later I saw that it was a limb that came off the big tree in the front, but it’s still attached to the tree. Missed the picture window, but squashed the heck out of my forsythia bush. It may be covering the gas meter, too! I called the tree service this AM and the arborist will be out Friday AM…of course he only assesses the damage and then it may be weeks before the actual crew can come out, especially with how busy they will be after this storm. Other than that, I don’t even see much debris. Best part was we didn’t lose power. The lights were flickering for a long time, but the power held so I consider myself lucky. If it wasn’t so darn expensive, I would have had a complete in-house generator put in years ago when I got the estimate. Now it’s probably thousands more than the $13,000 it would have been back then!

You all stay safe and well!

Stay close, but keep your distance!Stay close, but keep your distance!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 238

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Wednesday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching CBS Wednesday morning news. The boat is at a Lighthouse in Port Washington, Wisconsin . We have watched  Brewers baseball the last two evenings. Enjoy your morning coffee and stay safe,  stay well. 

npl-5.jpg77268942_1226477090877917_8139465794791669760_n.jpg1280px-Bear_claw_pastry.jpeg20200103_191153.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 238

61dklek8acL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Good evening Everyone hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday !!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 238

@MsStretch 

Timestamped yesterday at 5:20pm, the younger trees less than 2 years old are turning red/brown now.He also has undersized lot 60x33’, surrounded by trees with thick cover.

More mature 10+ no problems, had almost wished for more rain from the storm, may still get my wish.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 238

@Frozenoem , that's a big boy there.  When was that picture captured?  Judging by the bare trees, looks like winter or fall since no snow.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit