Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 131 of 257

Looks like we dodged the bullet in my part of Virginia -- 50 mi. S of D.C.  Or I slept through it.  😴  Woke up to clear skies, calm winds.  Everything soaking wet, but we did get hit with some hellatious storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  Not a lot of storm detritus lying around from all these trees. At one point, emergency alert to take cover immediately due to tornado in area came BEEEEEPING over my phone.  Dodged that one too.  Furkids were out to greet me none the worse for wear.  (Except Stellar. 😥 Finally had to accept he is gone.  Bless his little soul.) 

@catwoman500 , @Frozenoem , and anyone else N of me, hunker down and be safe.

@wvgirlforever , great action shot of your grandson.  He looks like a natural!

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 257

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Tuesday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching Tuesday morning news. We have hurricanes too the East of here and wildfires West of here with the Virus all around me. 

I pray that you all be safe and stay well!

77393192.jpeg104752759_173995934088668_3446689781463993761_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpgeden_climber_web3_1.jpg

Many gardens have never looked so good!

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 257

@catwoman500  hope things don't get too bad for you with the storm coming up the east coast.  Here is the mid-west it's a beautiful, cool & sunny morning.  I could open up the window last night and turn off the air conditioner as it was in the 50s.  It's supposed to be even cooler this evening.  It will go back up into the 80s toward the weekend.  As I am fairly new on here, is it ok to ask everyone who posts on here regularly to tell me the state where you reside.  I can tell you seem to now each other fairly well because of the conversations you have about what each other is doing.  I hope each of you will have a wonderful day.  Stay well and stay safe.

Marilyn

How I miss this during this time of year.  Youngest grandson 🙂

youngest grandsonyoungest grandson

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 257

Hello, Everyone!

Wow! Isaias is affecting our weather today...wild and wooly! Several tornado warnings all around the Philly/NJ/DE areas. Flash flooding, wind, and heavy rain.

Hoping everyone is safe in more ways than one, and hoping we don't lose power.

As for me...time for more coffee!

It's raining...time for more coffee!It's raining...time for more coffee!

good morning kitty gif.gif

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 257

@Frozenoem

"Playing with chainsaws" sounds dangerous for both you and the trees. But I guess it's necessary. Hope you and everyone out there has been able to batten down your hatches and all.   Storms and wind are so unpredictable.  But hopefully, as it gets closer to land, it'll slow down to a crawl and the storm won't be as bad as anticipated.  Be safe.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 257

Afternoon all on this Monday, have been busy playing with chain saws, just in case of Tropical Storm Isaias hitting.

Winds May play havoc on my trees, 20-30 mph no problem that’s a minor blizzard. 50-70 we could have problems, yep have heard a wide variety of wind speeds.

Rain shouldn’t be an issue, I hope. Back in ‘38 it was responsible for knocking down acres of trees, had to climb over and around those trees last Monday.

Hope all are preparing for excitement coming, and storm surges if any. Personally hoping for a Gloria type that fizzled out when ai lived in Western MA.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 257

Hi, All,

Shopping is finished, eBay is finished, and if I go outside, I may be finished, too! WOW, Talk about the muggies. It feels like one step out the door takes the breath right from your lungs and wraps a warm blanket around your whole body at the same time. UGH!

Loving everyone's pet photos.

I don't have one of Licorice...guessing I didn't have a digital camera back then. You can probably figure out that he was all black (not "red" as my first graders thought) LOL. Whenever I asked a class what color they thought my car was when I told them his name, they would all say, "RED!"

So, I'm off to grab another cup of Joe...doesn't matter to me how hot it is, I can always drink coffee...hot or iced.

Stay safe in your travels or your stays at home.

Can't you just smell that?Can't you just smell that?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 257

@wvgirlforever ,  what a sweet picture of your boy Rodney.  Sorry for your loss.  But he reminds me of my dog Zippy whom I had as a child many, many moons ago.  Yes, pets are the best and they make great family members too! 

aBeagle5.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 139 of 257

@DaveMcK I was one of those July birthdays or my day better known as Christmas in July.  Just happy to still be here.  🤣

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 257

@DaveMcK Good morning!  You've certainly got all of the pictures rolling this morning.  Love the MINIONS 😘.  It looks like a beautiful morning here in Illinois.  The weather is supposed to be a lot better this week with less humidity.  My son & his family are headed for Gatlinburg, TN tomorrow morning so I won't have my support team around for about a week.  I am seriously thinking about heading to West Virginia at the end of this month to visit a brother in Cincinnati and the other one in Morgantown, WV.  I know I'll have to be super safe along the way but sure need to get out of town and see different scenery.

A picture that still puts a smile on my face to this day.  Had this little guy for 16 years and had to say goodbye several years ago.  My boy, Rodney.   Aren't pets the best ♥

Have a good day everyone😎

Both of my Little Buddies-05.jpg

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit