Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 121 of 239

@DaveMcK I was one of those July birthdays or my day better known as Christmas in July.  Just happy to still be here.  🤣

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 239

@DaveMcK Good morning!  You've certainly got all of the pictures rolling this morning.  Love the MINIONS 😘.  It looks like a beautiful morning here in Illinois.  The weather is supposed to be a lot better this week with less humidity.  My son & his family are headed for Gatlinburg, TN tomorrow morning so I won't have my support team around for about a week.  I am seriously thinking about heading to West Virginia at the end of this month to visit a brother in Cincinnati and the other one in Morgantown, WV.  I know I'll have to be super safe along the way but sure need to get out of town and see different scenery.

A picture that still puts a smile on my face to this day.  Had this little guy for 16 years and had to say goodbye several years ago.  My boy, Rodney.   Aren't pets the best ♥

Have a good day everyone😎

Both of my Little Buddies-05.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 239

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Sunday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching CBS Sunday morning news. 

Goodbye-July-Hello-August-Beautiful-Pics.jpg

1080x360.jpeg77268942_1226477090877917_8139465794791669760_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 239

Good morning to Everyone On the Front Porch 😁 !!!! Welcome to August 🙂. For those in the path of the hurricane please be safe and heed the warnings. May you all have a Wonderful Blessed Saturday !!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 239

Good Morning, Porch Peeps! HAPPY AUGUST!

Hoping no one gets hit by this new hurricane with the strange name!

Finally was able to have windows open last night...great sleeping with "real" air. They are still open, but I have a feeling I'll need the AC before long. At least we are getting a relief from those 90's. I just really enjoy having my coffee on the porch in the morning without melting.

Not much news from this end of the block.

@DaveMcK ...good luck in your new home.

@LaDolceVita ...Always love your countdowns to fall. 😸

Everyone stay safe and stay well!

Already???Already???

Start the day with a smile!Start the day with a smile!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 239

@DaveMcK   I hope you will enjoy living at the new place!   Will take getting used to I guess.  @Frozenoem   5 bedrooms, 3 floors, yikes.   I am tired all the time , especially now that it is hot partially due to the size of the house.   The bedrooms are all upstairs and I have to transport  food and beverages to mom & companion. I actually use the lift chair  because if I do not I get way too tired by midday! 

The weather is miserable, not all that hot, high 80s  but no rain, just little spurts of water from the sky and HUMID.   31 more days to go.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 239

@catwoman500

@LydiaN586309  my washer/dryer is in the basement as well.  I, however, have rented for the past 26 years so won't be moving anything.  I take it very carefully when I am going up and down the stairs.  I'm afraid of falling more than anything.  Luckily, I don't have to do too many loads of wash each week.  More bath towels and bed sheets,  Maybe we should just have someone else do the laundry. 

Marilyn🤣😂

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 239

@LydiaN586309 

@catwoman500 

It’s not a mansion , just an oddly built old post and beam house 1880-ish, with a ballon framed first floor 1920?

Good farming year, brought electricity and indoor plumbing with the first floor addition, and a root cellar for heating.

We bought it for porch, closets, and bathroom being in the house, versus tacked on.🤣 or afterthought. And a big kitchen with dishwasher and w/d hookup.

Was going to say the barn attached but, sills were rotted so, that became a new 2 1/2 car attached garage, we get SNOW🤣.

Frankly if I had my druthers it would be 1000 ft. Square apartment, all on one floor. Less crap. Problem with tiny homes are their price is $80K, self built is $50K ,Know people who have done it, land is extra.😇

Time to play, rains coming.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 239

Hi there, Peeps!

Another day in the 90's for us. Rain is due tonight maybe.

@LydiaN586309 ...Oh, yes, same here with the washer and dryer. Stepson the contractor is "supposedly" drawing up plans for some kind of addition to the house because like you, I have no room to put the washer and dryer on the first floor. Those basement steps are killers for me. Of course he was here in April to see what could be done and the only thing I've heard since then is, "Sorry, you must be running out of patience."

All I ask is just send me a crumb or something...a sketch, an idea, a ballpark figure, SOMETHING! Acck!

No tiny house for me although I do think they are so darn cute, and what they can do with the insides is amazing. Right now I could fill one of them with my doll collection alone! LOL.

Trying not to get frustrated while waiting for some/any news about the renovation, so I think instead of more coffee, I'll have some lemonade!

You all stay well!

Anyone for lemonade?Anyone for lemonade?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 239
Where is that tiny house located? Wonder what it looks like inside. Sure would be a lot less area to clean. 🙂
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit