Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 161 of 261

f99c343e8b8ab3657f888c44adef5672--tuesday-greetings-weekend-greetings.jpg

Good morning to all On the Front Porch. May you all have a Wonderful Beautiful Happy Blessed Tuesday 🌞🙂👋

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 261

@Frozenoem , glad to hear Joe finally made it to his forever destination and his family and friends were there to encourage and see him on his way.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 261

Monday eve.

We survived the hike in and back left at 5 am -66*, arrived at 97*, returned at 87* and gully washer of thunderstorms and rain.

Think Chou/Joe’s kids understand why he wanted to come here for final rest.

Promise kept👍😷

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 261

Happy Monday, Porch Peeps,

@LaDolceVita ...You and "WVgirl" (for some reason her ID didn't come up when I typed the @ key) are both brave to post your photos. Even if I could find one I'm not that brave. LOL! 😸

@Frozenoem ... I'm taking your "stock up" advice...After the post office I stopped for wine. 👍

Still hot here. Can't believe how long my AC has been on without a break. Going to hate to see the next electric bill. 🙀

You all take care.

Apparently not anymore. Ahh, nostalgia.Apparently not anymore. Ahh, nostalgia.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 165 of 261

@wvgirlforever   Love  your picture!   Here is my id in 1978.  I think I forgot to comb my hair.

id.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 166 of 261

photo-1533907650686-70576141c030.jpegphoto-1508713225396-af921fdefb38.jpeggood-night-images-for-friends-01.jpgGood evening to everyone on the Front Porch on this Sunday July 26th, 2020. 

There is a wall of water running of our roof. The heavy rains willing continue into the early morning. Climate change is giving us a full plate this Weekend. Hurricanes to draught to  tornado's cutting a bath across the land. I fear we will see an increase in weather events in the years to come.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 167 of 261

Afternoon, I seem to have hibernated 97*, when the room starts spinning time to nap.

@wvgirlforever 

Happy 🎁 Birthday hope you enjoyed it.

Hope all are preparing to stock up on vittles like Jed Clampett - I am. With dead hitting 1000 per day and a second shutdown looming, bought little things like food.

Think I’m taking my hike tomorrow, shouldn’t be more than 97*, no other alternative.

Quick in and out with backup plan of lodging elsewhere for WA state contingent.

Presently sterilizing my Camelback and bladders for water storage.Joe enjoyed hydration so, he won’t mind sharing my backpack with them.

I’m outta here at crack of dawn.

Froze.

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 168 of 261

TO: Our @wvgirlforever 

Happy-Belated-Birthday-Glitter-Image.gif

Glad to her you had such an enjoyable big day.  Happy Birthday to you and may you have many more!

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 169 of 261

@wvgirlforever Happy belated Birthday 🎂

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 170 of 261

Happy Sunday, Everyone on the porch!

@wvgirlforever ...Happy Belated Birthday!

It's 90 right now, feeling like 97. I went out to the porch to bring in a couple of water bottles for the water cooler, and the air is thick!

Even in the Acme this AM, although it was cool, you could feel the humidity. The employees were a bit sweaty even in the AC.

The Acme was frustrating this AM as they are enlarging and remodeling. There were so many things I couldn't find. One of the employees grabbed me an aisle map and that certainly helped, but next week I'll need another one since they'll be working and moving stuff all week. 🙀

My Ebay sales slump ended today with a sale, and the same person bid on 2 more for next week. 😸

So off to the post office I'll go tomorrow. 

Earlier this past week, when I was on the porch with my morning coffee, I kept smelling bacon. I thought...who has the nerve to cook bacon on a weekday?! LOL

So, since that was in my head, I decided to declare today a "cheat day," and I cooked myself some bacon this morning. So good! But still hard to eat on one side of my mouth. 

Still nothing earth shattering going on here...I guess that's good, but then there's nothing even slightly interesting going on either.

I sure hope they don't decide to do another SHUTDOWN! That would just about kill everyone's spirit!

Hoping everyone is enjoying some coolness any way you can get it.

Stay safe!

Pool party!Pool party!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit