Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 141 of 236

photo-1533907650686-70576141c030.jpegphoto-1508713225396-af921fdefb38.jpeggood-night-images-for-friends-01.jpgGood evening to everyone on the Front Porch on this Sunday July 26th, 2020. 

There is a wall of water running of our roof. The heavy rains willing continue into the early morning. Climate change is giving us a full plate this Weekend. Hurricanes to draught to  tornado's cutting a bath across the land. I fear we will see an increase in weather events in the years to come.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 142 of 236

Afternoon, I seem to have hibernated 97*, when the room starts spinning time to nap.

@wvgirlforever 

Happy 🎁 Birthday hope you enjoyed it.

Hope all are preparing to stock up on vittles like Jed Clampett - I am. With dead hitting 1000 per day and a second shutdown looming, bought little things like food.

Think I’m taking my hike tomorrow, shouldn’t be more than 97*, no other alternative.

Quick in and out with backup plan of lodging elsewhere for WA state contingent.

Presently sterilizing my Camelback and bladders for water storage.Joe enjoyed hydration so, he won’t mind sharing my backpack with them.

I’m outta here at crack of dawn.

Froze.

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 143 of 236

TO: Our @wvgirlforever 

Happy-Belated-Birthday-Glitter-Image.gif

Glad to her you had such an enjoyable big day.  Happy Birthday to you and may you have many more!

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 144 of 236

@wvgirlforever Happy belated Birthday 🎂

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 145 of 236

Happy Sunday, Everyone on the porch!

@wvgirlforever ...Happy Belated Birthday!

It's 90 right now, feeling like 97. I went out to the porch to bring in a couple of water bottles for the water cooler, and the air is thick!

Even in the Acme this AM, although it was cool, you could feel the humidity. The employees were a bit sweaty even in the AC.

The Acme was frustrating this AM as they are enlarging and remodeling. There were so many things I couldn't find. One of the employees grabbed me an aisle map and that certainly helped, but next week I'll need another one since they'll be working and moving stuff all week. 🙀

My Ebay sales slump ended today with a sale, and the same person bid on 2 more for next week. 😸

So off to the post office I'll go tomorrow. 

Earlier this past week, when I was on the porch with my morning coffee, I kept smelling bacon. I thought...who has the nerve to cook bacon on a weekday?! LOL

So, since that was in my head, I decided to declare today a "cheat day," and I cooked myself some bacon this morning. So good! But still hard to eat on one side of my mouth. 

Still nothing earth shattering going on here...I guess that's good, but then there's nothing even slightly interesting going on either.

I sure hope they don't decide to do another SHUTDOWN! That would just about kill everyone's spirit!

Hoping everyone is enjoying some coolness any way you can get it.

Stay safe!

Pool party!Pool party!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 146 of 236

Good morning everyone 😁 I am now a year older as of yesterday.  It was a wonderful day even though we're going through such crazy times.  My son and his family took me to lunch and spent some time with me.  That's more valuable to me than anything.  Hope all of you are staying well and, if it's hot where you are, stay cool.  Have a wonderful week. 

55 years ago not knowing what the future would hold.😎1965.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 147 of 236

happy-sunday-motivational-text-happy-sunday-motivational-inspirational-quotes-words-colorful-paper-blurred-background-109941290.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 148 of 236

180917-Good-Morning-Sunday.jpg

Greetings Peeps!

Keeping it short and simple today.  It's cool this morning and overcast.  Taking it slow.  Wishing y'all the best today and in the week to come.

Take care.  Be good and be good to good ol' irreplaceable YOU!

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 149 of 236

@LydiaN586309 thank you and to Everyone else here On the Front Porch may you all have a Wonderful Blessed weekend. For those in the path of the hurricane please be safe, heed all warnings and may God keep you safe. 🙂😁🌹🌹🌹🍵

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 150 of 236

Good Afternoon, Peepers!

Needless to say, I missed the morning.  But I'm determined to not miss the day.  So I am up and awake and have already downed my first hot mid-day cup of tea.  Green tea, that is.  Coffee later.

Well, it almost goes without saying, "It's hot!"   The sun is full up and out.  But instead of sitting in the ultra coolness of A/C, I've opted for open windows and carefully placed fans so as to enjoy the songs of the birds and any slight breeze that might make it's way through.  Right now, I am enjoying both.  But it's still hot.

@Frozenoem-- Try as I might, I have absolutely no idea what BUMF stands for.  But I guess it's safe to say, if you did not give the full translation, it's best to leave it as is.  Right?  R-I-G-H-T!  Smile.

To everyone else:  @DaveMcK , @catwoman500 , @LaDolceVita , @MsStretch ,  @wvgirlforever , @OscarE1968 ,  have a great Saturday and enjoy your weekend!  

But before I head off, I want to share another video.  This one shows the hearts and minds of our non-human earthly friends. It literally made me ball like a baby in parts.  We could learn much from them.  So if you tend to be more weepy than most, have your tissue box near.

Here goes:

Lydia

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, September 17 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event