Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 151 of 238

@LydiaN586309 thank you and to Everyone else here On the Front Porch may you all have a Wonderful Blessed weekend. For those in the path of the hurricane please be safe, heed all warnings and may God keep you safe. 🙂😁🌹🌹🌹🍵

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 152 of 238

Good Afternoon, Peepers!

Needless to say, I missed the morning.  But I'm determined to not miss the day.  So I am up and awake and have already downed my first hot mid-day cup of tea.  Green tea, that is.  Coffee later.

Well, it almost goes without saying, "It's hot!"   The sun is full up and out.  But instead of sitting in the ultra coolness of A/C, I've opted for open windows and carefully placed fans so as to enjoy the songs of the birds and any slight breeze that might make it's way through.  Right now, I am enjoying both.  But it's still hot.

@Frozenoem-- Try as I might, I have absolutely no idea what BUMF stands for.  But I guess it's safe to say, if you did not give the full translation, it's best to leave it as is.  Right?  R-I-G-H-T!  Smile.

To everyone else:  @DaveMcK , @catwoman500 , @LaDolceVita , @MsStretch ,  @wvgirlforever , @OscarE1968 ,  have a great Saturday and enjoy your weekend!  

But before I head off, I want to share another video.  This one shows the hearts and minds of our non-human earthly friends. It literally made me ball like a baby in parts.  We could learn much from them.  So if you tend to be more weepy than most, have your tissue box near.

Here goes:

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 153 of 238

Afternoon it’s 85 and sunny last cool day of week, tomorrow upper 90’s. My happy temperature range seems to be -10* to 70* after that my mood declines.

Re: non mask wearers have dispatched two Karen’s to date with their husbands, Kevin or Donnie, If they insist upon close talking without mask it becomes a BUMF situation 

I leave translation to y’all🤣, this butterfly is 6’4” and 180, with a stout staff. Admit I dislike most who get in my face or become annoying to wait staff in stores.

Mask wearing 16 hours, I’m good and used to them. N-95 or cloth, beats all heckouta alternative of being ventilated.

Would prefer to remain out of the ICU or COVID wards, like FL. Or being sent home in Starr County TX.

Starr County, TX 

Am I taking this seriously heck ya.

FF8A6ABD-735C-4444-BB17-C21BB1E72902.jpeg

02AC9876-4C45-4B1B-AA74-63536F8678C2.jpeg

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 154 of 238

Hey, Porch Peeps,

It's off and on sunny here, and so muggy. I did have my first cup of coffee on the porch this morning. It was 73 but everything felt sticky. Now it's 84, feeling like 90 and I'm inside for the rest of the day!

We'll be starting another heat wave soon. It looks like Monday will be 97 (actual temp), so who knows what the "feels like" will be.

Not much going on around here.

@LaDolceVita , @DaveMcK ...Most of the stores in our are have been requiring masks for quite a while now...at least 2 months.

You all stay healthy!

Good vibes.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 155 of 238

@DaveMcK   I believe most stores are requiring a mask now.   I am getting used to it  and it does keep me from lingering in the store.   An hour is my limit I think.  I see very few people without a mask.

I spoke too soon about okra in the garden.  It is not doing well and that is weird as it loves heat and is kind of a weedy plant that grows in difficult conditions.   We switched to organic fertilizer and apparently it doesnt like it?

Dealing with lots of heat and humidity.   Looks like 80s most of the week but it will be humid so I am not looking forward to it.   Counting the days until September.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 156 of 238

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this very sunny morning on July 25th, 2020! We are looking at a high of 80*, sunny skies, with no showers for a while this weekend. In order to join us on the Porch I am strongly suggesting that everyone wear a mask when you leave the confines of your home.

Reese Witherspoon is joining a growing list of Hollywood stars — including Tom Hanks and Jennifer Aniston — who are urging fans to wear face masks to protect themselves and others from COVID-19.

Health officials agree that wearing a face mask can help slow the spread of the coronavirus.Still, even as cases are spiking across the U.S., a tense debate has developed between those who are willing to wear masks and those who are not

Kudo if you agree!!!!

PLEASE STAY SAFE AND STAY WELL 

89874803_3094933620551207_8072061690444775424_n.jpg99dff1665f.jpg.500x500.jpg28c5b76087.jpg.500x500.jpg

74701570_4806249876052619_7099492475036904606_n.png

Gear-Mask-Cords-1218821101.jpgGear-Tom-Bihn-Reusable-Masks.jpgil_794xN.2452186281_a0pf.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 157 of 238

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this very sunny morning on July 24th, 2020! We are looking at a high of 80*, sunny skies, with no showers for a while this weekend.

It is time we start returning more troops from Afghanistan! 

Hoping everyone has a restful weekend! Stay safe and stay well!

86457659_10218970281080992_4269735604381548544_n.jpg104414805_10220092505095891_369260354565312694_n.jpg359667-Happy-Weekend-My-Friend.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpgil_fullxfull.1910471976_h0z2.jpg70895384_1137402733126643_8156280703424659456_n.png.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 158 of 238

Thursday afternoon and comfy 77* for now, that’s gonna Change big time . Rain and god of thunder will be heard from later.🤣

@catwoman500 

You’re allowed a soft spot for IE just don’t use it. It allowed to many security issues to happen. Reason M$ pulled it and wanted people to use Edge.

Personally, I still use around 8 different browser but, none are IE. On iPhone or Windows.

@LydiaN586309 

Refuse to bring any firewood in until at least Autumn, have around 2 cords dry outside.

Another 2 Cords green , try to keep a little on hand just in case.As long as you let it dry no problems on burning it.

Retirement will just happen for me, when I tire of this. Some days I really want it to happen now, others sure I’ll keep going.🤣

@MsStretch 

Heaven help me my pods disappeared somewhere I know not where. Fresh pair on order, until new ones pop up, it’s cord land. Or BLuetooth to stereo need my I tunes🤣.

@wvgirlforever 

Same old for me, I’m maturing ungracefully fighting all the way.

At risk yeah , social distancing, masks, gloves as needed, sanitizer, clean room when working.

Virtual meetings on Zoom, texting or FaceTime when required. Have met 2 people in 6 months in person, it was required the rest know that ain’t happening.😎

Next week I’m taking a hike with 2 more, they know I’m delicate at this stage in Pandemic. Distance will be required, don’t wish to pass this year🤬.

Let your technology work for you, I’m avoiding close and personal for awhile. It’s just easier. There are times when I’m bouncing off walls, music ,TV, or hikes happen.

Local store and I have been on lockdown since Winter into spring and summer, same with employees.

It’s the rest of the state that are concerning for the moment, and pesky tourists coming into town.

We’re up on numbers 3,737 confirmed 118 dead out of 1.34 Million people. We’re a big state in land mass but, small in population.

Except for those pesky cities and towns of more than 1000, if really curious check out CDC for the states you want to visit, or WHO.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 159 of 238

Hey, Peeps!

Milestone in technology for this techno-phobe today...I actually am using Edge for the first time. Now I expect to be able to use it and ALWAYS be able to come here via the computer and not have to get frustrated using the phone to post when I get that "request data" message.

I think I mentioned that during my last Microsoft update, the Edge icon just appeared. I procrastinated until today and now am anxious to try it on some of the other sites that I have not been able to get to lately.

I loved my Internet Explorer and will always have a soft spot in my heart for it. I've been using only that since computers were introduced in our school district, back in the late 80's/ early90's? and I am not a person who is good with change.

@LydiaN586309 ...I loved both of your videos. Almost covered the keyboard with coffee when I saw the dance one! 😂

@Frozenoem ...I know you are shaking your head that I have held onto IE for forever, but I was petrified that I'd screw something up changing browsers. HA! 

You all stay safe now!

Hang in there!Hang in there!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 160 of 238

Good Morning, Porch Peepers!

Oh, happy day!  Over the past couple of days, my birdfeeders have gone empty.  I neither had the time or the inclination to refill them as the last time I did (which I believe was on Sunday or Monday), I was swamped by a gaggle of pigeons and black birds who gobbled up everything within a day or so.  So I let them stay empty until this morning when I arose early and went out to my other hiding place, the garage, to continue the garage clean-out/up adventure and to feed the birds.

So I filled all of the birdfeeders with seeds, fruit, nuts, two suet blocks, and one large seed and worm cake.  In all, I refilled seven bird feeding stations.  I then delved into my garage work.  I moved some now dried firewood indoors.  I filled the fireplace and the basket that sits next to it with the wood that was salvaged from when I had those trees cut down in the front and back yard  in the Spring.  I also moved inside all of my employee handbooks (about seven large binders) which I want to clean-up and have at the ready for when I decide to retire as I am reminded that each time a new manual was given, we were told that they wanted them back when we leave.  I've mentally given myself between six months and maybe, at the most, another eighteen.  We shall see.  Not feeling pressed either way at this point, but the advent of retirement is now sooner than later.  Happy, happy!  Joy, joy!

Anyway, the reason for my "Oh, happy day," exclamation at the top of this post was because, once all of the feeding stations had been filled and I had shut the big garage door and moved inside to my quiet indoor watching perch (my family room couch), they came.  I was again visited by my favorite blue jay, a pair of cardinals (husband and wife I'm sure), a coupled mourning doves, a few black birds, a robin, a couple of rock doves, and of course more than a few sparrows.  But the one I've been looking for for the past couple of weeks and had not seen, was the Red Belly Finch.  But I looked out and there he was.  Single and solitary.  He flitted and poked and pecked at the feeder.  He stayed  a while and then, like before, he was gone.   But I was satisfied.  Just like in the movie Field of Dreams, I guess it's true, "If you build it, they will come!"  

Red Belly Finches (with a few sparrows)

Be well and Godspeed,

Lydia

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit