Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 221 of 249

Another mail box related update.  I realized that the flashing lights I saw on July 3rd in my driveway at 2 AM was a tow truck.   I looked out  after protracted  barking and thought it looked like a tow vehicle but did not relate it to mailbox until days later.  DUH!! There are also missing pieces from a  phone pole nearby, skid marks all over the place.   Maybe more than 1 car involved and no police report.   I consider checking mail box a dangerous thing to do now.  

The weather I like to complain about is here, looks like it will stay.  The countdown to September begins.  We usually get a whiff of fall by then even if it warms up again. 

@DaveMcK  I bet they are saying the same about the rain in China!   About it going away and staying away I mean 😊.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 222 of 249

Good evening to everyone on the Front Porch on this very rainy Saturday morning in July 9th, 2020! The word for the evening is rain, rain go away and stay away.  A lot of thunder and lightnig with high gusts of wind as I'm writing.

I'm hoping everyone has a restful evening tonight.

500-toaszted-prline-glamour-image.jpgFB_IMG_1550877784284.jpg80888504_1019484468419254_6354868022439575552_n.jpgeden_climber_web3_1.jpg42286840_304667820265059_4151787298398142464_n.jpgdog-quotes-chase-dreams-sm-450x450.pngGood-night-dream-landscape.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 223 of 249

79* sunny and time to finish mowing- yeah. Rain is coming again.

And now, I need to print a bumper sticker I saw and liked.Or iron-on t-shirt decisions, decisions and boredom.

@catwoman500 

Beginning to think it’s AARP gremlins in the machinery or tech’s at work on web site.

My font color changed to white, on white background, without my selecting color change. Reason my sig changed to blue type.

EZ enough to do on computer but, on phone I’ve never done it.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 224 of 249

Hey!

Thought I'd give it a stab on my computer and was freaked out when I got all the way to post!

Can't believe I got here! 😺

Now let's see if I can post a photo...

Social distancing?Social distancing?

How about that....it worked. Hope to see you all on the computer tomorrow!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 225 of 249
Spoiler
@catwoman500 

Have tons of them available, if I see something I like, I save it.

F6A88C3C-86F2-4ABF-A6B8-49A58574BF65.jpeg

If you ever get around to posting a little more on your computer, might manage to get it working for you.

You might start with running a deep scan with antivirus program of entire hard drive and a drink.😎 Might take awhile.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 226 of 249

Hi,  Everyone,  

I'm still shut out of the community forums on my computer. Was back for a day, and then nothing. 

We are having the H&H days so typical of our summers.

Hope you all are doing well.

@Frozenoem ...love the COVID image. 

think I need coffee gif.gif

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 227 of 249

Monday afternoon all, 79* and sunny. 

After a solid week of thunderstorms it seems to be time to hay /mow the yard.

Think my expectations in 2020 are a little different than previous years. Never thought barber for haircut, radio shack for contact cleaner, or WalMart could be a highlight of the year.

It was SMH🤣. Waiting for electronics to dry out, cleaned my stereos. Reason for contact cleaner (not for lenses) but, for 1960-70 vintage stereos it cleans the volume, balance, treble or bass dials. And blowing out case with air, to remove dust bunnies.😷😷 Need mask for that.

It’s about as exciting and necessary as cleaning desktop pc’s for dust in heat sinks and cooling fans with air and alcohol pads. Same for laptops just smaller. How to keep them running.😎

CA6E2929-E9A6-44EE-A068-52140A1C21D5.jpeg

51224AD8-428F-4CA1-B20D-20E3BB32A3C0.jpeg

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 228 of 249

86 and sunny, hope all enjoy(ed) your 3rd or 4th.

4EC80BBD-08E7-43F9-9D0A-40C0F5D5F02E.png

@LaDolceVita 

I can only suggest what a friend on highway did, concrete base filled with sand, and rebar set in more concrete to hold base of mail post wooden .

He is a welder for truck frames so, made a 3’ long semi truck suspended by chains from wood post which sits at mail truck height. Post in pressure treated 4x4 replaceable for rot.

His mailbox has been hit by DOT trucks, snow plows, etc and nothing has dented it, as yet.🤣

Kids learned not to touch his mailbox with baseball  bats or fireworks it’s indestructible😇, and everything its been hit with flies back into what hit it, 20-30 lb mailbox can do damage🤣

Accidental strikes it just swings back into original position, courtesy of the chain. He installed everything in 1983 when he bought house and will probably outlast everyone.

The Post was replaced once last year it rotted out, he replaced the post and it’s back to normal.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 229 of 249

@FrozenoemI did not realize it was Chelli in the picture.  Nice that you get updates, keeps you from worrying? 😊  

@catwoman500 Update on the mailbox.  It looks like it was run over or rather flown by/over, this time from left side of street . This is the 2nd time in about 5 years.   The first time my neighbor found a woman (on drugs I think) across the street kind of in the ditch.   She was not hurt but my mail box was gone as well as the speed limit sign close to it.   Neighbor did not notice so I had to buy the stuff for a new one.   AND I have to do it again.   There is a higher embankment after passing my mailbox/driveway.  Wonder how the vehicle fared with that. 

Very hot here, 90 yesterday and today.  Wishing for the mountains and the homestead.  The mailbox is in the cul de sac there and is undisturbed  and intact in the 5 years since the previous owner passed.  AND the neighbors like us and look forward to us being there.  Not always the case in a country neighborhood.  I desperately want to move sometimes.

@LydiaN586309   Good one about Frosty there!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 230 of 249

Good Morning, Porch Peeps!

Happy Fourth of July!

I'm back...The mysterious powers that be allowed me to access the forums on my computer today. Wahoo!

Wonder how long it will last.

I also got one notification today about Dave's post.

Today's temps are not that bad, but we are headed into that heat soon.

Enjoy some of that great holiday food. I'm still eating soft stuff on one side of my mouth.

Stay safe. Play safe!

Enjoy!Enjoy!

Ooooh, Ahhh!Ooooh, Ahhh!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit