Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! JULY - AUGUST 2020

Message 1 of 129

@Frozenoem , that's a big boy there.  When was that picture captured?  Judging by the bare trees, looks like winter or fall since no snow.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (3)
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 129

Looks like we have dodged storm for now, mountains will keep storm further West into Vermont and Western MA.👍

Not totally out of problems tornado watch and high winds expected - gale force to 50-60 mph. Power outages perhaps, everything light has been pulled inside. Battery packs are charging, and camp stove at the ready with percolator, coffee is necessary survival equipment.

Friend from up near wildcat sent me picture of his visitor yesterday, captured on trail camera. Just another day in Paradise.

63828084-CAA8-4D5E-B4AC-89B5C4E61269.jpeg

Playing with chainsaw comment just means trying to ensure it starts when or if needed.Versus cussing at it for not starting. Hate using old bow saw to cut downed limbs, especially with the size of limbs around here.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 129

Looks like we dodged the bullet in my part of Virginia -- 50 mi. S of D.C.  Or I slept through it.  😴  Woke up to clear skies, calm winds.  Everything soaking wet, but we did get hit with some hellatious storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  Not a lot of storm detritus lying around from all these trees. At one point, emergency alert to take cover immediately due to tornado in area came BEEEEEPING over my phone.  Dodged that one too.  Furkids were out to greet me none the worse for wear.  (Except Stellar. 😥 Finally had to accept he is gone.  Bless his little soul.) 

@catwoman500 , @Frozenoem , and anyone else N of me, hunker down and be safe.

@wvgirlforever , great action shot of your grandson.  He looks like a natural!

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! JULY - AUGUST 2020

Message 4 of 129

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Tuesday of August  2020. We are sitting  here watching Tuesday morning news. We have hurricanes too the East of here and wildfires West of here with the Virus all around me. 

I pray that you all be safe and stay well!

77393192.jpeg104752759_173995934088668_3446689781463993761_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpgeden_climber_web3_1.jpg

Many gardens have never looked so good!

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 5 of 129

@catwoman500  hope things don't get too bad for you with the storm coming up the east coast.  Here is the mid-west it's a beautiful, cool & sunny morning.  I could open up the window last night and turn off the air conditioner as it was in the 50s.  It's supposed to be even cooler this evening.  It will go back up into the 80s toward the weekend.  As I am fairly new on here, is it ok to ask everyone who posts on here regularly to tell me the state where you reside.  I can tell you seem to now each other fairly well because of the conversations you have about what each other is doing.  I hope each of you will have a wonderful day.  Stay well and stay safe.

Marilyn

How I miss this during this time of year.  Youngest grandson 🙂

youngest grandsonyoungest grandson

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 129

Hello, Everyone!

Wow! Isaias is affecting our weather today...wild and wooly! Several tornado warnings all around the Philly/NJ/DE areas. Flash flooding, wind, and heavy rain.

Hoping everyone is safe in more ways than one, and hoping we don't lose power.

As for me...time for more coffee!

It's raining...time for more coffee!It's raining...time for more coffee!

good morning kitty gif.gif

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 129

@Frozenoem

"Playing with chainsaws" sounds dangerous for both you and the trees. But I guess it's necessary. Hope you and everyone out there has been able to batten down your hatches and all.   Storms and wind are so unpredictable.  But hopefully, as it gets closer to land, it'll slow down to a crawl and the storm won't be as bad as anticipated.  Be safe.

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 129

Afternoon all on this Monday, have been busy playing with chain saws, just in case of Tropical Storm Isaias hitting.

Winds May play havoc on my trees, 20-30 mph no problem that’s a minor blizzard. 50-70 we could have problems, yep have heard a wide variety of wind speeds.

Rain shouldn’t be an issue, I hope. Back in ‘38 it was responsible for knocking down acres of trees, had to climb over and around those trees last Monday.

Hope all are preparing for excitement coming, and storm surges if any. Personally hoping for a Gloria type that fizzled out when ai lived in Western MA.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 129

Hi, All,

Shopping is finished, eBay is finished, and if I go outside, I may be finished, too! WOW, Talk about the muggies. It feels like one step out the door takes the breath right from your lungs and wraps a warm blanket around your whole body at the same time. UGH!

Loving everyone's pet photos.

I don't have one of Licorice...guessing I didn't have a digital camera back then. You can probably figure out that he was all black (not "red" as my first graders thought) LOL. Whenever I asked a class what color they thought my car was when I told them his name, they would all say, "RED!"

So, I'm off to grab another cup of Joe...doesn't matter to me how hot it is, I can always drink coffee...hot or iced.

Stay safe in your travels or your stays at home.

Can't you just smell that?Can't you just smell that?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 129

@wvgirlforever ,  what a sweet picture of your boy Rodney.  Sorry for your loss.  But he reminds me of my dog Zippy whom I had as a child many, many moons ago.  Yes, pets are the best and they make great family members too! 

aBeagle5.jpg

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!