Are you a caregiver? Tell us how you plan your getaway with loved ones for a chance to enter a weekly prize drawing.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! JULY - AUGUST 2018

Message 11 of 85

@n566192l

Just hit me like bricks - Kong lasted through 9 dogs, this ms shredded. If she munches it, it’s shredded

She found an old shed antler off deer, and is presently going to town on it.

She’ll be susceptible to reinfection for worms, for 2 years. Med’s still daily, and heartworm, etc. through winter or until really cold weather -20*’s.

At least there aren’t wrigglers any more seem to be controlled by heartworm med’s, with hookworm.

The mistress has spoken time for a walk and another rug cleaning just for fun.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 85

Frozenoem, 

I have  a King Shepard over here. I have to take to the vet for shots,  I will ask the vet,  what are the best toys for MS  Celle. I  really hope she is better soon. Just  🔥  in New Jersey.  We are going to to a Families Belong Together Picnic tomorrow. I am taking 2 🐶 with me. Hope everyone is doing well and is staying 😎.. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 85

1409168950667.jpegFB_IMG_1513348632515.jpg

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! May you all have a restful weekend. 

Yesterday morning was an OK time for golf with high humidity and my game was so so. We had two thunderstorms in the afternoon so the lawn is still waiting to be harvested.

FB_IMG_1531929740915.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 85

80* and a breeze, waiting for grass to dry it poured last night.

@n566192l

Checked the chart for sizing @ petco for good2go.

Chells necksize is 18 1/2” which makes her an XLarge vest size.

Her breed is Dutch Shepherd larger than Sheltie and still growing at 63 lb’s. Worms are still being handled, stubborn buggers.

If you’ve ever seen a Malinois they’re the equivalent in size. Only major difference between the 2 breeds is Mal’s have an off switch. Dutchies no such luck😇.

Have had 4 rescues DS, I think I’m stuck on the breed. 

She chewed through her Canine Equipment collar last night, little 2 loose. Presently wearing my old Rottweiler/Lab’s collar.

She likes Bully Sticks, good for a few minutes. Yak cheese, yes she is spoiled.Something with resistance for her to chew on, she finally destroyed a 9 dog heavy nylon chew toy, drawing blank on name. Used to stuff with PB, Koosh maybe?

Clocked on radar 50 mph top speed, never tires.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 85

Believe it or not the weather here in NW Georgia is cooler  than in Maine!  We are in the high 80s most days, bitofrain last night and it felt nice and (comparatively) cool this morning at 69 degrees.  Oppressive yesterday evening though.  I could have used that cooling vest for myself  Woman Very Happy.Dogs are not overly bothered by the heat this summer.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 85

Frozenoem 

I have booties here also, just need size. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 85

Frozenoem 

Your pup sounds so special, all 🐶 really do have their own personality.  They keep us laughing and smiling though out our lives. I found a large vest,  back length 17, girth 21 to 24 inches.  Says for a Sheltie , the XL seems way to large. Company is Good 2Go. Please advise which one I should mail out.  Also, favorite treats.  I will send out a care package.  MS. C  needs some love from the Aarp community . Nancy 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 85

Frozenoem 

Your pup sounds so special, all 🐶 really do have their own personality.  They keep us laughing and smiling though out our lives. I found a large vest,  back length 17, girth 21 to 24 inches.  Says for a Sheltie , the XL seems way to large. Company is Good 2Go. Please advise which one I should mail out.  Also, favorite treats.  I will send out a care package.  MS. C  needs some love from the Aarp community . Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 85

@n566192l

Thanks Nancy, ms Chelli will appreciate it.

It’s a presently 80* feels like 86* and looking forward to rain around 6pm.

Grass is the only option when temps hit the upper 90’s, sidewalk starts throwing off heat waves , just like the roadways.

It may be comfier in the woods but, unwilling to risk with the bumper crop of ticks this year.

Course the silly human still needs to get out and mow the grass, my chore of today.

You can tell it’s warm out when C sits in front of the A/C and asks for cool. Not Cold 74* keeps both of us comfy😇

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 85

Greetings Everyone 

NJ has the same weather as 🐱 woman 500. Frozenoem,  boy are you right. When it's hot the grass is so much safer for our 🐶 S. I like the New Format,  just have to get used to it.  I did read more upgrades from Aarp are coming shortly.  

Frozenoem ,I have  your address for the cooling vest. I just have to see if I have the right size.  I feel like I am running a  Petco annex over here. Please, everyone  message me on item for their 🐶 S.  I may have it here for free.  I asked Petco, they said All the items where Mine.  I have given boxes of supplies to local pet shelters, and members of my volunteer group. I still have a bedroom full of supplies. Only request from Petco,  is not to sell any of their donations. Nancy 

Kudos
Views