Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! JULY - AUGUST 2018 CLOSED

Message 1 of 107

PLEASE START USING: MORNING ROLL CALL: SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER 2018.

THIS IS CLOSED! 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! JULY - AUGUST 2018

Message 2 of 107

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Hoping everyone has a peacefull and restfull holidsy weeked. We are looking at off and on rain over the weekend.

We are having a family gathering over the weeked.

FB_IMG_1534625529549.jpgFB_IMG_1535153791297.jpgFB_IMG_1530641990955.jpgFB_IMG_1526736767269.jpg

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 107

@Frozenoem  If I stayed up chunking out useless/worthless items until the wee hours I would have to get a huge receptacle.  I also would not make good decisions.  Strictly a morning person here.  You have been cleaning for sooo long!

I too will be moving sometime probably in the next year or so, depending on mom's condition.   I will be in the mountains too and will probably stop complaining about summer heat.  As long as the mornings and evenings are not too hot I am happy/  May complain about cold though, although I think I know what I am in for.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 107

@LaDolceVita

If  I escape hot and humid aches and pains don’t bother me. The magic of modern medicine, and old broken bones.

With pains, until wee hours tossing more crap out. Or preparing to sell off.

Looked at dining room table and hutch, recalled last sit down dinner. It’s for sale! Trivia 1990.

That takes care of how I deal with growing older and achy-Er.

Comfy 66* But, humid and sunny.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 107

@Frozenoem  Nice picture of Chelli romping.  At the risk of sounding nosey, what on earth do you find to do in the wee hours of the night?  Are your aches and pains better?  You have not mentioned in awhile. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 107

@PattyDiane  Lucky you!  I would love to hear from anyone from my school days.  I contacted one of my best friends from high school some years ago and we mailed and emailed mostly for about 3 years.  I did not hear from her for awhile, chalked it up to her being a poor correspondent.  When I did not hear from her at Christmas I searched online and found the obituary. She died 6 weeks after her last email to me.  FB has been very good to you!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 107

I'm having another one of those nostaglic days today.  I was reminded on FB this morning that this would be my mother's 106th birthday.  I didn't need to be reminded as this is the end of that stream of August birthdays that I wrote about a few days ago.  Thanks to FB I also learned that a cousin has been added to the August group with a birthday yesterday and two high school friends have birthdays today.

As a child we celebrated Mother's birthday at the same time we were getting ready to start school.  It was the reminder that summer was really over.  I always had mixed emotions about school.  I really liked it but there was apprehension of who my teacher would be and which of my friends would still be in my class.  Three times during my elementary school days schools were actually changed: once when we moved after the second grade and then when new elementary schools were built after the 3rd and 5th grade.  At those times some friends were lost forever.  I was recently reminded of this when a boy who was in my 4th and 5th grade classes contacted me on FB.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 107

94* in the mountains, give me a break. It’s a drippy glistening day as my mother used to say. High humidity, may rain.

Cold Brew Coffee brewed last night and my indulgence of whatever time it is.

Might be a tad cranky sleepy time was 6am, wakey wakey @ 12:30p.

Noticed the unpleasant aroma of gasoline this morning in garage. Time to vent cans, saws, mowers, blowers and open windows.

Time to offer hope, to the weary December is just around the corner. 

8EA7ED2D-FB5A-4EE3-87D9-B87419C14D52.jpegFirst snow -20* F

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 107

@DaveMcK...YIKES! Cat Surprised

Sure hope your area stays safe! N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 107

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are still having heavy rain storms here in Wisconsin. This time it was a line of counties 75 miles North of here were they 10+ inches of rain in abut 6 jour  Golf yesterday was so so  with high humidity starting early in the day. Flooding is going on there and here in Dane County with many homes and small businesses being destroyed. Many more state HYW's have been  washed out.

The outlook for the holiday weekend is temps in the low 80's and thunderstorms.

FB_IMG_1535471250751.jpgFB_IMG_1535471198485.jpg

Vidio of heavy rain storms:   https://www.jsonline.com/story/weather/2018/08/22/flooding-victim-70-year-old-madison-man/1065882002...

Kudos
Views