The AARP Movies for Grownups Awards premieres tonight on many PBS stations. Watch at 9 p.m. ET.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2019

Message 11 of 191

@catwoman500 

If a relative black thumb such as me can keep an Amarylis blossoming since 1988 as  Christmas house warming gift , perhaps you could give it a try.

Easier than bouquet’s and the gift that keeps giving, just stick in fresh bigger pot every 20 years or so, high in Vermiculite for water retention in soil.

Yeah, it used to be a brighter red, than it’s present orange but, still a little color when snow bound lifts the spirits.

The joy of fogey-ism, keeps on giving , Need to finish my shoveling of 18” or 45.72 cm of snow.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 191

@LaDolceVita 

We have to do what, we need to do for health of our dogs.

And on that cheery note, need to shovel out ms. Chelli’s pen , unless I miss my guess 5’ out there.

My going over 8’ fence won’t happen, Her run won’t be clear until Spring but, 5’x 10’ might happen today or tomorrow.

300’ x 60’ fenced in yard to explore, not until Spring thaw.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 191

Geez replying to myself, 19* cloudy and still snowing out.

If pesky weatherman is right will continue until 5 pm. Much as I’d love to give total snowfall amount that won’t happen. Even Hillbillyweatherman @ YouTube. was wrong. Fair warning he cusses, like most New Englanders this morning.

Seem to be trapped, until neighbor get’s to digging or I go out the window.🤣

Picture of my view, to neighbor’s porch is from inside, where I’m stuck. Snowbanks by the kindness of pesky plowdriver.

If I don’t escape today there’s always tomorrow.

EE1418F3-CD66-4936-B474-BD9E066A7E05.jpeg

Time for roof shed off steel roof sounds like 18” or small reindeer.

*edit- top step to my porch is 12”

18” of powder to storm door, got out time to dig out, after Caffeine.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 191

I feel almost guilty, its a beautiful sunny day in NW Georgia, about 50 degrees right now.  But summer is coming and the Porchers up north will enjoy it much more than  we will down here.   Deer flies and skeeters, no see ums and those 90 degree temps Woman Mad

Daisy being wached every time she goes near a food bowl.  The other dogs wondering why there is no food laid out.  It is hard enough to put one's  self on a diet much less a little dog!  @Frozenoem   I am so embarrassed by her weight that I am loath to go to vet unless necessary.  I will be watchful but it is not easy, given I have so little time to spare.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 191

Let’s put it this way, in proper Madea character speak vs. as written.

EDD61961-EA63-4E76-9B48-A12D79E213CB.jpeg

Froze

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 191

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch! We have 7" of fresh snow on the ground an continued snow shows until midnight. I found a few comments that express my feelings. 

FB_IMG_1549987130978.jpgFB_IMG_1550008004980.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 191

It’s afternoon 18* clouds are coming in, and with it SNOW tonight.

Buckle up to all on Eastern seaboard, looks like fun in store for us.

I’m still set for being hammered with powder as long as it remains cold.

Awaiting my mug of coffee, no handle and 36-glorious ounces, yes, I have a problem jiva packs of French Vanilla.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 191

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Here we go again with a  forecast of up to 8" of snow by tomorrow night. Most of it will be overnight tonight!

So much for the grond hogs forecasting weather so far! I did get the bird feeders refilled. We have from 3 to 4 pairs of cardinals every Winter's. Photos below are not mine. 

FB_IMG_1545089693000.jpg

FB_IMG_1543890517705.jpgFB_IMG_1549300705613.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 191

20* sunny and the storm is still coming-yeesh.

@LaDolceVita 

Separate then at feeding times for a bit, I had to do that for a couple of food aggressives and dieters.

Bully sticks or cheese were never an everyday treat, maybe once per week or after 10-20 mile hike runs.

Humans would cover 15 miles, dogs 20-30 in running and sniffing about.

Would be easier to judge weight gain vs fat, if you /vet give exact weight. my vet weighs for free.

Or human and dog if capable of standing with her on bathroom scale. Could be fat to is she fixed?

Suggestions from group perhaps either here or dog land.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 191

Hi, All,

33 and cloudy right now with another winter weather advisory for later today through tomorrow. Snow is bad enough, but they are calling for it to change to freezing rain. It snowed lightly all night last night, but the streets had been treated so they remained clear and it wasn't too much trouble to clear off the car to make my post office run.

Stopped at the florist to get my bouquet to make it cheery in here.

I never used to worry about the power going out when I was younger, but now that the old fogieism has set in, I realy really hate being cold. Have I mentioned that enough? Cat Tongue Have a good day, everyone! N.

Kudos
Views