Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2019

Message 21 of 199

Geez replying to myself, 19* cloudy and still snowing out.

If pesky weatherman is right will continue until 5 pm. Much as I’d love to give total snowfall amount that won’t happen. Even Hillbillyweatherman @ YouTube. was wrong. Fair warning he cusses, like most New Englanders this morning.

Seem to be trapped, until neighbor get’s to digging or I go out the window.🤣

Picture of my view, to neighbor’s porch is from inside, where I’m stuck. Snowbanks by the kindness of pesky plowdriver.

If I don’t escape today there’s always tomorrow.

EE1418F3-CD66-4936-B474-BD9E066A7E05.jpeg

Time for roof shed off steel roof sounds like 18” or small reindeer.

*edit- top step to my porch is 12”

18” of powder to storm door, got out time to dig out, after Caffeine.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 199

I feel almost guilty, its a beautiful sunny day in NW Georgia, about 50 degrees right now.  But summer is coming and the Porchers up north will enjoy it much more than  we will down here.   Deer flies and skeeters, no see ums and those 90 degree temps Woman Mad

Daisy being wached every time she goes near a food bowl.  The other dogs wondering why there is no food laid out.  It is hard enough to put one's  self on a diet much less a little dog!  @Frozenoem   I am so embarrassed by her weight that I am loath to go to vet unless necessary.  I will be watchful but it is not easy, given I have so little time to spare.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 199

Let’s put it this way, in proper Madea character speak vs. as written.

EDD61961-EA63-4E76-9B48-A12D79E213CB.jpeg

Froze

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 199

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch! We have 7" of fresh snow on the ground an continued snow shows until midnight. I found a few comments that express my feelings. 

FB_IMG_1549987130978.jpgFB_IMG_1550008004980.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 199

It’s afternoon 18* clouds are coming in, and with it SNOW tonight.

Buckle up to all on Eastern seaboard, looks like fun in store for us.

I’m still set for being hammered with powder as long as it remains cold.

Awaiting my mug of coffee, no handle and 36-glorious ounces, yes, I have a problem jiva packs of French Vanilla.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 199

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Here we go again with a  forecast of up to 8" of snow by tomorrow night. Most of it will be overnight tonight!

So much for the grond hogs forecasting weather so far! I did get the bird feeders refilled. We have from 3 to 4 pairs of cardinals every Winter's. Photos below are not mine. 

FB_IMG_1545089693000.jpg

FB_IMG_1543890517705.jpgFB_IMG_1549300705613.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 199

20* sunny and the storm is still coming-yeesh.

@LaDolceVita 

Separate then at feeding times for a bit, I had to do that for a couple of food aggressives and dieters.

Bully sticks or cheese were never an everyday treat, maybe once per week or after 10-20 mile hike runs.

Humans would cover 15 miles, dogs 20-30 in running and sniffing about.

Would be easier to judge weight gain vs fat, if you /vet give exact weight. my vet weighs for free.

Or human and dog if capable of standing with her on bathroom scale. Could be fat to is she fixed?

Suggestions from group perhaps either here or dog land.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 199

Hi, All,

33 and cloudy right now with another winter weather advisory for later today through tomorrow. Snow is bad enough, but they are calling for it to change to freezing rain. It snowed lightly all night last night, but the streets had been treated so they remained clear and it wasn't too much trouble to clear off the car to make my post office run.

Stopped at the florist to get my bouquet to make it cheery in here.

I never used to worry about the power going out when I was younger, but now that the old fogieism has set in, I realy really hate being cold. Have I mentioned that enough? Cat Tongue Have a good day, everyone! N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 199

@Frozenoem   Thanks for all the info.  We tried some steps we had in the garage but she declined!   A few weeks ago she could get out  of the truck w/o too much trouble.  She is still able to get in and out of the car.  My spouse is pretty handy so he can make something.  I think a ramp would be the be a better option.  When she did finally get out of the truck she landed on her belly, her little legs just couldnt support her  and she knew it in advance. 

The problem is the weight, which must come off somehow.  I am trying to watch food intake more closely.  We already walk quite a bit.  Her appetite seems insatiable.  She is a rat terrier mix, would be quite handsome at 25 lbs, and I am guessing she is twice that!  

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 199

16* full sun, and awaiting Wednesday storm.

23B792E4-1E77-4431-8405-CB27A56167C1.png

@LaDolceVita 

More walks for the pack, and depending upon skill set of husband or you make a ramp or buy one.

Have one in garage ex has dib’s on presently. Used it for 2 dogs that had shoulder cancers, and one that just couldn’t jump easily into the Ram. Did a you tube search and plans are available there, or I bought a “PetSTEP” my reasoning it also would work with boat entry with floats/noodles  attached.

The PetSTEP design might be buildt for $30-40 for all parts/pieces. Vs $100 purchase price, wood will weigh more than 11 lbs😇.

your choice holds 150-200 pounds. Used it for a year on Truck Camper  to make it easier on all dogs and people to get in and out. 6’ on ramp and step up to Camper.

Harbor Freight sells endpieces for 2x lumber to bolt ends on paid $15 for pair to use for house ramp. Firewood and moving stuff , that support up to 400 lb’s and had wood lying around for that one. Built ours from 2 -2x6’ and 1/2x12” long plywood, covered with carpet remnant or rubber.Like a ships browEr, gang plant  or real ramp.

Can take picture of pet step or ramp in AM, fair warning ramp has been widened for wood cart.

Froze

Kudos
Views