Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2019

Message 41 of 199

33* and cloudy, I’ve decided vacay sounds good and that’s what will happen.

Time to sleep in and relax and mend.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 199

Greetings,  Porch Peeps!

Well, despite our having been blessed here with a few days of 50 plus degree weather peppered with intermittent sun and clouds and no snow, the enemy weatherman (yes, he is enemy # 1 in these parts) has predicted days ahead of a combination of freezing rain and artic cold and snow and overcast and just general dreary ickiness!  But in the spirit of thankfulness, I am sharing this sunny greeting with great expectation for those days soon to come when we won't be fretting about these extremes of winter. Nope, we'll soon be complaining 'bout the extreme heat of summer,  but at least the sun makes our mood better....generally!

Anyway, Mr. Happy Face Sunshine here gives us "sumpthin" to look forward to with a smile.  Hope everybody is warm and comfy wherever you are.  Enjoy every day and be blessed!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 199

Hello, All

What a day today! 62 was the high with sun. Heart

Had no place to go so drove to Starbucks and the Dollar Store just to get outside.

Got home and worked hard on the clogged bathroom sink drain. Thought I was going to have to call the plumber, but at last after boiling water, Draino, and I fussed with it off and on for a couple of hours, there was that satifying gurgle and whoosh! I feel like I accomplished climbing a mountain! Cat LOL

Tonight I will watch some missed TV shows On Demand since I have no desire to listen to/see to You Know Who. Cat Frustrated N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 199

@LydiaN586309 

Caffeine works for suppressing my appetite, your results may vary.

I can sleep or wake with coffee, no jitters, still.🤣 Appetite still can be suppressed by coffee.Tested that theory recently, didn’t want to stagger to store.

52* and back to shoveling might open door this century, and yes their broken again my ribs.

24 can be broken, and I’ve broken mine repeatedly, might be a tad short tempered after last 5-6 months.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 199

Hey Froze,

A few days ago you mentioned in one of your posts about the "other joy" of coffee--that being  an appetite suppressant.  Well,  I don't know if it would work for me because it seems like each time I have a cup of coffee, it is followed by or accompanied with a full breakfast, a donut, a muffin, or some other such tummy-filling deliciousness.  But maybe I could try a just "coffee only" fast for a day or so to see if it would curb my appetite and  help kick-start my weight loss non-resolution, resolution.

Related image

Coffee jitters--another "joy" of excessive coffee drinking.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 199

Dave,

Your pictures are so beautiful!  The way the snow drifts....just wonderful!  And although I'm truly not a fan of snow, I can appreciate its beauty, especially when looking at a picture of it while warm and inside--snug like a bug in a rug.

And catwoman500, be careful about going outside without a coat just yet.  These great fluctuations in weather and  temperatures can be deceiving.  Glad your heater made it through the coldest days though.  Hope we won't see any more days that cold until next year!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 199

Hey, Peeps,

51 right now. Amazing! Made my post office run and felt like driving on forever.

It feels like spring...it even smells like spring! Cat Very Happy

My heater seem to have worked itself out of it's quirkiness. Never lost heat, but it was acting weird in the deep below zero and single digit cold days. Will call later in the week if it acts up again.

I'm actually looking forward to going out and bringing the trash can back from the street today. Maybe I'll do it without a jacket! HA!

Didn't watch the "Stupor Bowl." Looked more like a baseball score at the end. Cat LOL N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 199

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We are having our high of the day now at 46*. We have rain showers ending around noon. Tomorrow our high is supposed to be around 26* and around 1" of snow over night.

Well there was supposed to be a Super Bowl last night ! I will leave it at that. 

We

have had most of our snow melt with more to melt today. The ski hills 

here are not happy but I do not have to find someone too rake the foot or more of snow of the house roof. 

Have a great week!

My favorite place to visit in Summer. Another winter view. 

FB_IMG_1549231377784.jpg

Cana Island is an island in Lake Michigan in Door County, Wisconsin, United States. The Cana Island Light is on the island. Cana Island is connected to the mainland by a causeway. The island is part of the Town of Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin. Wikipedia

th.jpegFB_IMG_1549209846630.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 199

LydiaN586309,

I love the picture you posted ❤️. Can't wait to see the real thing again. No snow in New Jersey this year, just cold. But like you, temps are going up 57 today.

Enjoy your day... Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 199

Good morning,  Front Porchers!

Yesterday temps rose to a high of 55 degrees here!  Today it is supposed to be much of the same with a high of 51*.  For the most part, the snow has all melted away leaving wet streets and mushy, swampy even, yards.  But I'll take the "swamp" over snow anyday! 

Now, even though we all seem to be enjoying a reprieve from the harshness of winter and the groundhog gave us a good prediction of an early Spring, I'm still donning my winter coat and such as I'm not looking for a relapse of that awful cold I tackled with for the passed two months.

But since Spring is coming and hopefully a little bit sooner than the norm (MAYBE), I just want us all to remember what we have to look forward to in just about 44 days or less...... 

Kudos
Views