Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! CLOSED

FB_IMG_1546036171423.jpgGood morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to 2019. We had an overnight snow to ring in the new year. Going to be a slow day today. 

FB_IMG_1546378733946.jpg

Happy-New-Year-Best-Wallpaper-2019-Download-3.jpgFB_IMG_1546354019900.jpgFB_IMG_1546354010963.jpgFB_IMG_1546354004957.jpgFB_IMG_1543890517705.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Afternoon, Porch Peeps!

@LaDolceVita...Re: clearing the car...what Froze said. Cat Happy

Plus, if I had wanted to go anywhere yesterday it's a law that our cars be clear of snow for exactly the reason Froze mentioned...an ice slide coming from the car/truck in front of you is so dangerous!

Waiting for the snow here, too. They say around 4 PM it will start. My street is so clear of cars it's almost funny. All the worker bees must be out shopping.

A friend said the forecast for here is not as bad as it was, so I'm hoping she's right.

Keeping fingers crossed. Might make extra coffee later today for tomorrow. Even if I have to drink it cold, it's better than none at all. Cat Wink

Again...stay safe! N.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

23* and partly cloudies have descended, its warm.๐Ÿคฃ

@LaDolceVita

Think we are aware of your being about, from the occasional pokes.

check in when you wish to, and Iโ€™ll try the same.๐Ÿ˜‡

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Frozenoem,

The Post office says you should get the box by this Thursday. I have the tracking number if needed. Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l

Thanx, Chell knows sheโ€™s getting something๐Ÿคฃ.

Other than the new snow, time to stagger 33* and weekend snowstorm a coming.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l

Tracking number you need to get one. Sorry forgot what I was supposed to remember.

17* and sunshine, may hit upper 20โ€™s making it a heatwave. No wind involved today.

Need to go play on woodpile, slowly. If this is maturity donโ€™t want to play.

Froze

I have not reported in for a while.  My life is pretty boring.  Not much weather to complain about either.  Not terribly cold this winter and not unseasonably warm either.   Hohum.  Just letting you all know I am still here and gettin by.  That is all the enthusiasm I can muster for now.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We are looking at a high of 33* and cloudy today with similar weather this week. I almost feel sorry for those that ere hit by the latest snow storm. I'm sure there wll be major storms we will have have here and you all will not see a single snow flake! Hoping everyone has quite week ahead.

FB_IMG_1540150045053.jpgFB_IMG_1477535958394.jpgFB_IMG_1538436973486.jpg

Greetings All

Just cloudy and cold in New Jersey. I was able to get some some outside for the Lupus truck to pick up today.

Frozenoem, going to the UPS later, and bringing your package to the post office for mailing. 

Then just hanging out with the pups, up to six. I really need to put in a doggie door. Mr Pickles, is back and going out with the State Police for the day or longer. Since, Mr Pickles, a King Shepard, is so big it is a help. Plus, Mr Pickles, is so highly trained, he gets board unless he keeps busy. The troopers just love this dog, I didn't even know all the things Mr Pickles was capable of pointing out.

I hope everyone enjoys their day. 

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l

With luck will try to remind in AM.๐Ÿคฃ

Presently above freezing warming feet. Still hacking at oil fill. SUCCESS!

Discovered there is another way to fall backwards, woodcart went forward on ramp and I discovered my lower back again, and I went other way.๐Ÿคฃ

20* sunshine and feels like 12* to me thatโ€™s a heatwave comparatively speaking.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning itโ€™s sunny and 5* , and that may be the high for today.

-12* if youโ€™re a wind chill kinda person, or 10 minutes to frostbite on exposed skin.

Today will be more firewood kinda day, itโ€™s in the garage.๐Ÿคฃ

One Of those many warms that come from using firewood. Drop tree, haul out, cut, split, stack, move, stack, move into house, stack , burn.

But, it does warm me more than oil.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

"Good morning, Front Porchers!"

"And yes, this is me smiling!"  It's super cold here -- 28 degrees with an expected high of 31.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!  Anyway, despite the cold, no snow is expected.  Fingers and toes crossed. I hope at this writing, you all are doing okay.  Enjoy today!  And I'll keep smilimg!

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning 9*/-7* wind chill today the mattock and sledges come out, need to lose new ice cap over oil fill.

Oil fill gets de-icer spray, not pretty when vinyl siding gets hit in temps this low.

Hope you all have lovely day, I enjoy snow, ice not so much.

Froze

Frozenoem,

I found your package. It's been sitting at a ups store in NJ. I am picking it up tomorrow and taking to our Post office on Monday and mailing it.  I added some stuff for the delay. Hope you can use a Bass pro shop gift card. I won from AARP. Hope you and Ms Chelli are staying and warmth.    Nancy

I will pm the tracking number to you on Monday. I love snow. Somethimes in New Jersey we get some..Feel better and stay warm

Please remind me Monday for the tracking number for the post office.  Nancy

Trusted Social Butterfly

@n566192l...Well, how'd you like the snow you must have gotten last night? Cat Happy

We got a little...enough for me to not go to the grocery store this morning. Too risky with my legs, back, and balance. I did go out later to clean off the car, but I had my ice grippers on. Know I should have ordered that spike for my cane before this!

Saw some deer prints in the snow on my driveway.Cat Happy

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Greetings All,

We got a dusting of snow today. ๐Ÿ• where excited. Just  cold here in New Jersey. Just watching football.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Friday morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We are expecting temps that are above average for a while here. Not much moisture here also. Yes I said moisture as we had about an inch of rair during our all day rain. They are forecasting heavy snowfall for the St Louis area with nothing North of the Illinois border. We have no snow cover as the rain melted it.

FB_IMG_1544024134413.jpgFB_IMG_1510182213897.jpgFB_IMG_1546217616784.jpgFB_IMG_1512863817876.jpg

Contributor

I am new here. Curious. To the one called Lighthouse Keeper, is that what you truly get to do? Kelly

Kelly Morgan
Honored Social Butterfly

@k836981m Welcome to the Front Porch! 

I became a member of this group in January of 2009 when I retired. I live in Madison,  Wisconsin and became a fan of Lighthouses about 18 years ago. Wisconsin has a lot of Lighthouses on Lake Michigan and Green Bay and I have visited about 3/4 of them. I have posted articles about them here.  In the Fall of 2009 after my wife Mary and I were both retired we took a 2 week trip along the Pacific coast visiting relatives and Lighthouses. 

Over the years I have been active in trying to get Congress to provide funding Lighthouse repairs. In this economy that has been minimal but we need to do what we can to preserve our history. Many private groups have funded and have done repairs to local Lighthouses. 

I have a few pictures I will post of lights I have visited. 

Dave

FB_IMG_1542595879071.jpgFB_IMG_1454012869465.jpgFB_IMG_1462235657946.jpgFB_IMG_1447367011477.jpgFB_IMG_1453842602740.jpg

Contributor

Beautiful lighthouses! My mom was from Maine and as kids we spent hours at various lighthouses. Thank you for sharing. Kelly 

Kelly Morgan

Dave, 

New Jersey has a 2 day Light House Challenge. Can you guess how many Light House, and stair, one has to  climb in 2 days.

I have done the event 3 times, thanks to Google maps.

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l 

When I was stationed at Fort Monmouth Mary and I went to the base on Sandy Hook to spend time on the beach.  We saw the Lighthouse there in 1968. I had military I.D. and bumper stickers so it was no problem getting on the base. At that time it was a major Cold War Nike Missiles base so I was surprised we could go there.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita . I will not forget that wind event for sure. I heard from my friend later that the cashier in the diner had to come out to help my friend into her car because she was getting slammed up against the car that was parked next to hers! I had wanted to turn around to see if she had gotten safely in her car, but it was impossible! I had my cane, but it was not any help.

It had to be a freak thing. Whew! never have liked wind, andnow I really hate it! Cat Tongue N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500

Not to worry Maine weather is just weird.

Present 15* with 15 mph wind, wind chill factor makes it 0*. Think that means Iโ€™ve lived here too long, computation on the fly.

Tried for an hour to chop my way to oil fill - failed miserably. tomorrow the mattock comes out (kind of a splitting axe on its side)  if that doesnโ€™t happen, Nothing much will open the path.

And on that note need to feed stove, and walk Chelli, if she goes out.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

For once up at crack of dawn, and miss roll call so, afternoon it is.

25* and snowing with wind itโ€™s a lovely 13*, Chelliโ€™s not enjoying the day.

Forgot the picture from last 2 storms yesterday, today you see what fell.

And the storm for the weekend has been canceled instead weโ€™ll merely get cold, single digit tempโ€™s and high winds.

Makes life worth living.2 1/2 feet from 2 clippers2 1/2 feet from 2 clippers

Time to shovel out the oil fill, which is 8 feet in and 3 feet down from the snow plow guys, who were kind enough to plow town out.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem...I swear, Froze, you live in your own little "weather world" up there! GEEZE!

I'm already annoyed that we may get an inch from this southern storm coming by Saturday into Sunday. Hoping it will pass waaay to the south of Philly. Cat Wink N.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Morning 34* and snowing, been snowing since Tuesday afternoon.

Donโ€™t know amount, havenโ€™t shoveled off roof yet. Best guess 2 1/2 feet+.

My hint the picnic table in back yard was clear before the storms 2 came.

Need to clean up after coffee, guess what may be coming snow or rain.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

To all Our Front Porchers,

Be well and be blessed.  Thanking God for breath this morning and seventy days til Spring!

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Temp 50. Cloudy with peek-a-boo sun.  Rain expected later.  Snow after that. What a rollercoaster of weather today.  Stay warm and enjoy the day Front Porchers!  Only 71 days til Spring!

Well, I tried to take the Monte, the Pitbull to get her nails done today. I had to leave her overnight at my local ASPCA, she required sedation for nail cutting.  But, she will be back here sometime tomorrow. I think she really misses her owner, who was killed in action last week. Hope everyone is doing well and I hope you are safe. Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

5* me thinks itโ€™s getting colder, it was 8* when I arose -sheesh.

2 feet due by Wednesday-yeesh.

I think I need backup wood, for the high winds later๐Ÿคฃ.

Froze

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP