Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! CLOSED

FB_IMG_1546036171423.jpgGood morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to 2019. We had an overnight snow to ring in the new year. Going to be a slow day today. 

FB_IMG_1546378733946.jpg

Happy-New-Year-Best-Wallpaper-2019-Download-3.jpgFB_IMG_1546354019900.jpgFB_IMG_1546354010963.jpgFB_IMG_1546354004957.jpgFB_IMG_1543890517705.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch this Saturday morning.

Photo From My Favorite Things Friends Post On Facebook! Welcome to Saturday! ❤🍩😘🙏

FB_IMG_1546701164562.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

20* with another heatwave to 36* coming.

@DaveMcK

From December snake makes fairly good eating, tastes like white meat chicken. If not misspelled.

Feel a banh mi coming for breakfast, left overs but, good.

Time to bring in more wood, a storm comes In a few more days.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Front Porchers!

It's 32 degrees, sunny, with no snow.  Yippee! I guess I'll  start my annual countdown to Spring.  Spring begins on March 20th.  So we've got 75 days til SPRING!!!  Not that I'm rushing it, but it's nice to have something to look forward to.   I'm still fighting this cold and so far it's kicked my butt pretty darn good.  Regardless, going to make the best of each day.

Hope the new year will be the best for all Our Front Porchers!

Recognized Social Butterfly

LydiaN586309,

Sorry to hear about your cold. Hope you are on the way to a recovery soon. I know I have had pneumonia twice. Just can't seem to get better. 

Frozenoem... I hope you got the package, my daughter had to mail it for me. The same daughter, Ashley, who purchased my dogs licenses in the wrong town. I will explain. I live in Shrewsbury Township, Eatontown zip code. Ashley went to Eatontown for the dog licenses. So, the pups will be licensed in 2 towns this year. But, my daughter Ashley tried. Happy national spaghetti Day to all!!!.

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Front Porchers!

It's Sunday morning and it's 35 degrees, sunny, and dry.  Still no snow which makes me happy as all get out!

Thanks Nancy for your thoughts and well-wishes.  I'm still dealing with this cold (or it's dealing with me).  But I'm feeling better--little by little, day by day.  The sunshine definitely helps my general mood and overall disposition.

Anyway, Everyone stay warm!  It' only 73 days til Spring!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All,

It's so nice to have sun today after a day of dismal rain all day yesterday. Puts spring in my step (yeah, right). 44 degrees, not bad for January!

Even though I hardly slept last night...one of those nights Cat Frustrated...I did get around to taking all the candles out of the windows upstairs and down, brought in the floodlight, snowman, wreaths and bows, and packed all of the inside decorations. Running on fumes right now, so the tree will remain untouched until I have more energy. And the boxes and bins remain down here until I can get them upstairs. But, at least I made a dent in it. Cat Tongue

Hope everyone had a decent weekend and you're all looking forward to a good week. N.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Greetings All

Yes, the sun is shining in New Jersey too. I have been watching my girlfriends 🐕 since Wednesday. She returned yesterday. However, it seems a branch caused a power outage over here yesterday. I was unable to leave my driveway for most of the day.  All sorts of emergency equipment was parked up and down the street. Power back on, I will be taking Levi back home soon. 

Hope all is well.... Nancy

Trusted Social Butterfly

Ooops!

Put this in the wrong place:

@LaDolceVita...I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in- law. Sending condolences and blessings to her family. N. Heart

Honored Social Butterfly

23* sleepless nights are a pita, slept with heating pad for minor injury or the upcoming storm for weekend.

Today we warm to 40* and I was beginning to welcome the falling snowpack down to 18” from a high of 30”.

Several cups of freshly brewed later it will be shovel out oil fill, and maybe sleep.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Our Front Porchers!

It's the 2nd of January and I'm still battling a cold and throat problems. But I've been improving slowly and feel well enough to return to work today. Anyway, it's 28 degrees here, but they say it feels like 21.  Furnace has been roaring all night.  So I know it's super cold out.  Plus, although we don't have snow yet, everything is frost covered. Not that I'm complaining at all cuz I'm just glad to see the new year! Hopefully, it'll be a better year for one and all.

I hope that all of the Front Porchers are doing well today and wish each and every one the best in the year ahead!

Honored Social Butterfly

It's interesting to see all these pictures of snow.  None available from here.  We are the opposite, setting records for warmth.  Yesterday morning it was a low of 64.  That's our normal high temperature for a January day.  In addition we are having more rain, so it's muggy and feels more like a cool summer day.  I'm grateful that my heating bills will be lower this winter if it continues, but I hope we get some cold weather soon.  Otherwise our peach crops will be damaged.

Honored Social Butterfly

Wishing everyone on Our Front Porch a blessed and Happy New Year!  

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy New Year, Porch Peeps!

It's 51 and sunny! Wahoo! After a rainy New Year's Eve, it's nice to see the sun and the bonus warmer temps. Thought I'd take the opportunity to run the pump and get some of the water off the pool cover before it freezes up again.

Last night was nice. We had our celebration at a friend's and then I took our most "senior" member home after we watched the ball drop on TV. Her daughter had dropped her off.

It is amazing how quickly the holidays come and go. I'll miss all the bright lights in the neighborhood. I already see my next-door neighbor's tree out for pick up. Mine is artificial and will remain up for a while until I get the urge to start taking it down.

Cheers for a healthy 2019! N.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP