Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2019

Message 101 of 253

Hey, Peeps,

51 right now. Amazing! Made my post office run and felt like driving on forever.

It feels like spring...it even smells like spring! Cat Very Happy

My heater seem to have worked itself out of it's quirkiness. Never lost heat, but it was acting weird in the deep below zero and single digit cold days. Will call later in the week if it acts up again.

I'm actually looking forward to going out and bringing the trash can back from the street today. Maybe I'll do it without a jacket! HA!

Didn't watch the "Stupor Bowl." Looked more like a baseball score at the end. Cat LOL N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 102 of 253

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We are having our high of the day now at 46*. We have rain showers ending around noon. Tomorrow our high is supposed to be around 26* and around 1" of snow over night.

Well there was supposed to be a Super Bowl last night ! I will leave it at that. 

We

have had most of our snow melt with more to melt today. The ski hills 

here are not happy but I do not have to find someone too rake the foot or more of snow of the house roof. 

Have a great week!

My favorite place to visit in Summer. Another winter view. 

FB_IMG_1549231377784.jpg

Cana Island is an island in Lake Michigan in Door County, Wisconsin, United States. The Cana Island Light is on the island. Cana Island is connected to the mainland by a causeway. The island is part of the Town of Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin. Wikipedia

th.jpegFB_IMG_1549209846630.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Highlighted

Message 103 of 253

LydiaN586309,

I love the picture you posted ❤️. Can't wait to see the real thing again. No snow in New Jersey this year, just cold. But like you, temps are going up 57 today.

Enjoy your day... Nancy

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 104 of 253

Good morning,  Front Porchers!

Yesterday temps rose to a high of 55 degrees here!  Today it is supposed to be much of the same with a high of 51*.  For the most part, the snow has all melted away leaving wet streets and mushy, swampy even, yards.  But I'll take the "swamp" over snow anyday! 

Now, even though we all seem to be enjoying a reprieve from the harshness of winter and the groundhog gave us a good prediction of an early Spring, I'm still donning my winter coat and such as I'm not looking for a relapse of that awful cold I tackled with for the passed two months.

But since Spring is coming and hopefully a little bit sooner than the norm (MAYBE), I just want us all to remember what we have to look forward to in just about 44 days or less...... 

Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Message 105 of 253

@n566192l 

Warmed up 29*, and afraid I cooled down went in snowdrift, soft landing but, ribs and cold.

Tomorrow is roll of the  🎲 , feel like I’m 90. Thought this was over with, time for heat packs and ice and drugs, no rest for the weary.

Froze

wonder if nursing homes have Internet.

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted

Message 106 of 253

LaDolceVita,

Yes, very strange weather indeed. Today it's 48 here, and sunny. I have time to check out the Blue Comet, an old 🚆 before the Super Bowl. Enjoy your day.

Frozenoem, I hope you have warmed up too.🤣

Highlighted

Message 107 of 253

We went from the deep freeze to spring in 1 day.   I am not complaining as we had our share of cold weather this year.  If you have been around the Porch for a few years you may remember I complain when our winters are too warmWoman Indifferent.   Anyway, we will enjoy ourselves in the southland for a while, no rain and mild temps.  But the dreaded summer is coming.

Highlighted

Message 108 of 253

Well, Folks, as for the PA groundhog’s prediction…

(CNN) — “Thousands of people gathered Saturday at Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, to watch a famous groundhog deliver his highly anticipated forecast.

Punxsutawney Phil emerged from his burrow around 7:30 a.m. ET and did not see his shadow, predicting an early spring for us all.

"Faithful followers, there is no shadow of me and a beautiful spring it shall be," a member of Phil's Inner Circle read from the groundhog's prediction scroll to the cheers and applause from the crowd.

In the past decade, Phil has predicted a longer winter seven times and an early spring three times. He was only right about 40% of the time, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which says the groundhog shows "no predictive skill."

Of course, I can’t see how he could not have seen his shadow since it was nice and sunny at 7:30 today. It’s all in fun, and I always hope those mean weird men of the Inner Circle who handle Phil get bitten again someday! Cat LOL

More…

But Phil is more than a prognosticator... he can also be a bit of a diva, and he's been known to bite.

Of course Phil, being the celebrity that he is, is pampered and primed for his big moment. He’s not rousing from hibernation, unlike those long-ago animals from the Celtic customs upon which Groundhog Day is based. He lives year-round inside the public library. But he's not domesticated, either. And even if he isn't rudely rousted from hibernation on Groundhog Day morning, Phil has been known to wake up on the wrong side of the bed on occasion. LOL! N.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 253

Didn't see his shadow this morning in southeastern Wisconsin. No more 6 weeks of winter, only a month and a half.

FB_IMG_1549128282703.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 110 of 253

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.