Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL APRIL - JUNE CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on this THURSDAY morning APRIL 1, 2021. 

71315842.jpeg

302328-Goodbye-March-Hello-April.jpg

178949.png

178949.png

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Recognized Social Butterfly

The heat has pretty much stayed away from NW Ga.  Very unusual and I am grateful.  Looks like Canada is really suffering as well as some towns I keep track of in Europe.  Happy 4th everyone!

Bronze Conversationalist

What a GHASTLY NIGHT last night.  For the first time ever, I received SIX TORNADO WARNINGS on my cell phone over the course of two hours.   I spent the majority of my evening with my poor little indoor kitty in my "bunker" ..... a totally concrete room in my new house since I haven't a basement.  We went from electric lights, to flashlights, to candles.  Winds were in excess of 60 mph.  It poured like someone was sending buckets of water down from the heavens.  After one storm was over, it was mere minutes before the next one came.  I felt somewhere between unnerved and scared.  This morning, I see flowers beat down to the ground in my flowerbeds, heavy garden statues blown over, and metal fencing on its side.  Crazy times!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RosemaryF433825 I <think> @DaveMcK <closed this thread>. 🤔 Anyway my dear, glad you are okay. 🤗

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous   Hmmm....I don't know?  I thought it was still open???   But thank you so much for being concerned for me.  It's much appreciated!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosemaryF433825 you are welcome 🤗 See <screenshot below>. @DaveMcK has a <new thread for July>.

Screenshot_20210715-103101_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

💥Friday - June 25, 2021💥

Happy Friday and one awesome weekend Porchers!!! Cool here in Cave Spring, Virginia. Doing my Happy Dance.

giphy.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

Wednesday me thinks, air conditioning on👍. It was 94* last night. 85* presently  before thunderstorms arrive.

And hopefully it cools down.
I’ll second a dislike of heat and humidity after 88* forget about it.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Bronze Conversationalist

Geesh, Frozen!   94 degrees at night is pretty dam hot, I would say!   We got the rain we were all dancing for (well, I was dancing for anyway), and now it's humidity time. Ewwww.   Ha!   I about melted trekking to the mailbox, and all for naught.  Well the grass is coming back, and mowing is on the "to do" list this week.  Stay cool, Frozen!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, Everyone,

Are we going to open a new one for July 2021 to..... ? Or should we just continue to use this one?

Happy first day of July!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500  We could take a walk on the wild side and open a new one?

🤗

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@RosemaryF433825 ...I don't know how to do it. @DaveMcK  usually takes care of it.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500   Don't ya just go to "start a topic" and go from there?  I think?  Want me to try it.  Or we could wait for Dave, also.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@RosemaryF433825 Dave came to the rescue. I didn't want to screw up his format by attempting to recreate it. LOL.  🙀

We are up and running for the next few months.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500    Good news cat woman!   Thanks!!

(Now, if I only had some brave soul to light my rocket fireworks for me.....)

🤔🤔🤔

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Well, here we are in another heat wave. (93 feeling like 102) Looks like it may break soon. The thing that bugs me the most is nights like last night when I have to keep the AC on and not open the bedroom windows. Last two nights were the first time that has happened, and it looks like tonight will be the same. I shouldn’t be complaining though…so many others have it worse. My main problem with it is that I can’t hear the birds in the morning. Love waking up to the cheery birds!

So another month ends and we look forward to another beginning.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a nice July.

Goodbye June Hello July.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

Hiya, Catwoman!!    I turn my air off before I go to bed and turn on the "blast you against the wall" floor fans.  🤗. I hate to have to pay for the A/C for 24 hours.  I'm not super cheap, just figure I can live without it with the "blasters"  on.   If it gets too horrendous, I get out my "birthday suit" and suit up...or is it suit down?  (Scratching my head and wondering about that.).   HAPPY JULY my sweet friends!!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Porch Peeps!

@Anonymous ... Hope your mouth is feeling better today!

@LaDolceVita ...happy to hear you had been having good weather so far, but sorry now the "ugly" has arrived. I know how you hate the heat and humidity!

@Frozenoem ...good for no black flies. We haven’t seen any spotted lantern flies yet and only heard one cicada. Most people are loaded with cicadas. I heard just the one the other morning for about a minute and that was it.

Yep, same here…heat and humidity arriving tomorrow. Glad today was still nice since it is my birthday.

This year’s birthday celebration was a far cry from last year. Last night two friends and I went out to our favorite Italian restaurant to celebrate all our birthdays. Today it was my birthday lunch out with other friends, and tomorrow as a birthday gift, my friend and her husband are taking me to an Irish show at Delaware Valley University and out for dinner afterwards. Yikes!

I do feel blessed to have such good friends. 🎂 😻

Hope you all have a great weekend. Stay hydrated!

Hate getting older, but love the treats!Hate getting older, but love the treats!

Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500    HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!  Wishing you a lovely birthday weekend!!   🤗

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , @RosemaryF433825 ...Thanks for the birthday wishes. Love the 102 year old birthday. Not quite that old, but funny since my mother would have been 104 today! We had back to back birthdays! She used to say I was the best birthday gift ever. 😻

Hope you all have a fun filled day!

strutting cat.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Know the feeling on Mutha , mine would have been 110 back in May., and Happy Birthday to you👍🍰🧁

Last night incapable of sleep and listened to one of my podcast seasons on the iPhone phone. Dozed off in technicolor dream land. Available on computers to non-smartphone users.

“Of Fae and Fiends” , for search term, hint of Harry Potter, etc.

Now, require masking up, my lawn turned to seeds last night, heavy rains. Grass is mixture of clover, fescue and wild strawberries, and wheat🤔.

Drought resistant farm land grass, that gives tiny berries and hints of pine seedlings when mowed.🤣

Found a second use for all of my washable masks, which I’m keeping for awhile.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy Sunday, Porch Peeps!

Thanks to @Frozenoem and everyone for your birthday wishes.

At this point I am actually looking forward to getting back to eating normally. Way too much extra good food this weekend starting Thursday night. Last night after the show I ordered eggplant parmesan…Holy cow, there was enough for 3 people. So there's my dinner for tonight in the fridge. 

One thing we weren't expecting at the show was a mask requirement! I never even thought about it. But I always have one in my purse. They also were giving out disposable ones. This was the longest time I've ever had to keep a mask on. Now I have a slight idea of how people who had to wear one at work this past year felt. Ours were on for only 2 1/2 hours, but ugh!

It was a great show, called The Irish and How They Got That Way, by Frank McCourt (author of Angela's Ashes).

It was a delightful combination of Irish history and humor interspersed with great music.

One of my friends told me she would be at the show, so during intermission I scanned the theater to see if I could spot her. Do you know how hard it is to find a particular person in a sea of gray heads with glasses and masks? LOL It was like the senior version of “Where’s Waldo!” The friend I was with said, “Why don’t you text her? DUH! I didn’t even think of that. So I did and she texted right back to say she had gotten the day wrong…she was going today! Saw her at the Acme this AM and told her about trying to find her among the gray waves. 🤣😂

Have a great day, everyone!

girls just want to have fun.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @catwoman500 luv your cat picture 🤣😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

3a0782e34cd00d03ed616e58ff5ad04d.gif

Yes it is, thank you for asking! 🤗 Happy Birthday @catwoman500 !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥Thursday - June 24, 2021💥

My Front Porch Family 💚 Thank you for the well wishes today!!! My lips have finally returned to normal 🙄

tenor.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥Wednesday - June 23, 2021💥

Lol, completely forgot about my 9am EST Tooth Extraction for tomorrow. 😭 Anyone want to take my place? 😂🤣 So I am binging on the ice cream I got at Walmart tonight. 😱 Hey, it will be 4 to 6 weeks before I can eat it after my extraction. 🙄 And, yes this time they had the one I like = Party Time!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Nah, not happening sorry, my last planned tooth extraction was in 1990, I’m good really, I’ve stopped volunteering for dental work😎

Earliest I can get crown repairs will be Oct- Nov? Think they may have been done in by Marshmallow Fluff, during pandemic.

We have a heat wave coming starting on Saturday 80 to upper 90’s. Air conditioning will go in then, after trimming some bushes, lilacs? PITA will be what’s lilac, what’s maple and what implement of destruction to trim with.

Time to crank “Queen” or “2 Cellos’ in garage, elevate the lawn mower, and hit the back yard Hopefully🤣 The someday of my youth last year, is getting closer when I surrender the mower to a tractor, sitting might be easier than walking.

String trimmers not happening this month, maybe next or following. Doctors appt’s made woopie doodah, 8 through September. If they want to see me appear they need to send text to remind me, and 2 days for me to book a car, I may live in the boonies.🤣

Froze

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @Frozenoem 😂🤣 Luv those shades!!! It had been over 30 years since I had a tooth extraction, wisdom teeth. Then all of a sudden major root canals needed for 2 😱 this year. I decided to have them out instead. Way too much $$$ for my retirement budget.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 
Hope all goes well, and I do know what you will be feeing…been there done that! It will feel better afterwards. 
Looking back as a child for something we did not have, other than going to the dentist when we had cavities to be filled, and as it applies to our current times, I would wish that every child, could get regular dental checkups, cleanings and learn about dental hygiene. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Anonymous 
Hope all goes well, and I do know what you will be feeing…been there done that! It will feel better afterwards. 
Looking back as a child for something we did not have, other than going to the dentist when we had cavities to be filled, and as it applies to our current times, I would wish that every child, could get regular dental checkups, cleanings and learn about dental hygiene. 

💥Thanks @williamb39198 🤗💥

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP