Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL APRIL - JUNE CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on this THURSDAY morning APRIL 1, 2021. 

71315842.jpeg

302328-Goodbye-March-Hello-April.jpg

178949.png

178949.png

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500  Wowee!  Just on a total whim, I decided to check the pharmacy website for the 30 gabillionth time, and low and behold, there were spots available for tomorrow.  I had to fill out three pages of information and questions, and by the time I sent it off, the spot had been filled already.  So I super fast filled out another bunch of pages for a later time and VOILA!  I AM IN...FINALLY!!  I am now doing the "happy Covid dance" in my driveway!!!

Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500  Hi catwoman!  They didn't assign me a second shot for after my first one because you have to go online and hope to find your own scheduled time.  I got mine at my pharmacy, and they won't even discuss coming in to get your vaccine.  It's all done online.  

During the time I was trying to get another appointment, I also had to have a routine test as an out patient.  And the surgery center not only told me I could not have the vaccine before coming in, but if I did it anyway and got a fever from it, they wouldn't do the test.  They also had me quarantine myself for days ahead...even though the Covid test they demanded I have proved negative.

Now I can't find an opening to schedule because so many people in this area still haven't even gotten their first shot... and they are getting priority.

Thanks a lot for your concern.  I've been up at all hours of the day and night

hoping to find an opening online before someone else sees it. 

If I can't get the second dose within the parameters of when I need to...I'll just get one whenever I guess.  (shrugs)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@RosemaryF433825 , sorry to hear about your travails.  It shouldn't be that hard.  I also had my 2nd shot scheduled immediately after getting my first.

The CDC says that if you don't get your second shot on time, you still have protection but it decreases in effectiveness and it is still undetermined how long it will last. So you can take some solace that you are better off with one, than none.

I wish you the best of luck.  No one should have to go through this.

Honored Social Butterfly

Maine the same - second shot of Phizer, same place what ever number of weeks later. Half the population of mature now vaccinated, and starting on 17-year olds.

Relatively smooth sailing, except for J&J vaccine screwup.

Mass vaccination sites and mobile clinics for the far North country, even fewer people.

Neighbors boat launched and floated,  Volvo Penta’s are a pita to keep running after setting for a year.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 
Just finished calling livery service for vaccination on the 13th for my second jab.

And received your notification congratulations.

63* and sunny, wondering what the day will bring 70’s or snow🤣

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

74* and sunny, time to charge the lawn mower, and Re-explore the dark recesses of the garage again.

Time to find ear muffs for the 🚣‍♀️ boat, and make a camp call.🤣 might lose this deathly pallor.

Muffs are to run water cooled engine before the lake, and need to find the drain plug before the water. Always a good thing🤣

Froze

Bronze Conversationalist

@DaveMcK    Thank you, Dave!   And to you and your family as well.   

--  Rosemary

Recognized Social Butterfly

Beautiful day, winter temps but everything is green, except for the oak trees.  Too many chores await but I had to post so I could keep up with all the happenings on the Front Porch!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone,

This cold is ridiculous! I know, @Frozenoem ...you have it way colder than here, but it was 27 at 8:30 this morning, feeling like 19! At this rate the Easter Bunny will freeze his cottontail right off!

It is supposed to be warmer on Easter day thank goodness.

Got a chuckle from the news clip out of Detroit....baseball game in the snow. Looked crazy! 😸

Speaking of baseball, the Phillies won their home opener over Atlanta yesterday. Wahoo!

I need to go check my hardboiled eggs that are sitting in egg dye at the moment. Don't think I'll ever get tired of dyeing eggs at Easter. The kid in me!

Have a great Friday!

dancing bunnies.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

@catwoman500 I would luv to see a picture of your Easter Eggs when they are finished. Bet you do an awesome job 🙂 No pressure at all to do this. Stay warm!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy Easter Eve day, Porch Peeps.

Still cold here but temps are on their way up.

@Anonymous ...My dyed eggs are nothing to write home about and certainly not photo worthy! 😏 Just plain old PAAS cold water fizz tablets. I just like to see the bright colors.

When I was a kid I had a friend who moved here from Holland and she taught us the art of blowing out the eggs and then decorating them and making an egg tree from forsythia branches. That became a tradition for many years in my house after that. Again, nothing real artistic, just making faces and adding yarn hair, or painting the eggs. We were kids, not budding Picasso's. 😸

Have to go and make cole slaw to take to dinner tomorrow, so will say adios for now.

Where's the candy?Where's the candy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@catwoman500 enjoy your day 🙂

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@catwoman500   Hey cat woman.  Happy to you too!

Cool idea...an egg tree from forsythia branches.  Yep.  Remember Dad saving up the tin cans from the veggies! (can't believe I used to eat CANNED veggies!  Makes me shudder just to think!  Brrr!). He'd put in the vinegar and we could drop in the PAAS tabs in each one.  Ahhh.  The days of youth and not a care in the world!  Thanks for stirring up those memories, cat woman!

You do the coleslaw thing.  I'll do the prime rib next Sunday instead of family meal tomorrow.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, can I come for ribs @RosemaryF433825  Have a great day 🙂

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous    Actually, I'm serving Prime Rib and not just ribs next Sunday.  And sorry, but I already have my order in to the butcher so none for you!  

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday - April 2, 2021

I am being lazy today and still in bed. Ahhh, the perks of being retired and I can have cafè AGAIN 🙂 🙂 Molar extraction area healing 🙂 Any plans for today?43323657279f692ca8db9306347a2852.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

19* in mountains of Maine, had an inch of snow last night and it melted or blew away👍.

Figure real Spring will arrive mid-MONTH😎 or whenever the winds die down.

Maybe by then the snow piles will have melted so, I can rake/mulch  the yard.

Froze

Bronze Conversationalist

HAPPY MONTH OF APRIL EVERYONE!!

April means I am that much closer to being able to play in my flowerbeds and start my "new year" planting!  It also means I will be opening up my business for the year next month.

Hope all of you have a wonderful month ahead...filled with new possibilities and a sense of wonder!!

--Rosemary

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RosemaryF433825 how exciting!! If you can, no pressure, I would luv to hear about your business and gardening plans. Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous   Hi Angela.  Business wise, I am the owner and artist of an Art Studio and Gallery called "Heron's Haunt Art Studio & Gallery."  The Gallery features not only my art (Fine Art Photography), but also some original art work of a select group of other artists, too.

Gardening plans?  I am in the process of clearing out a bunch of undergrowth and trees with poison ivy vines on them, and replacing them with a large, natural wildflower patch this year.  I'm also thinking about doing some asphalt laying in front of the Gallery,

and perhaps putting in some contemporary fencing.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosemaryF433825 Oh my goodness, thank you SO MUCH for responding!!! So you are an artist. Lol, I tried growing up to learn, was a shipwreck. I was so jealous of an older cousin who had the natural talent who hated to use it. What a waste. Your garden plans sound exciting🙂

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous   Yep!  My photography has sold as Fine Art both nationally and internationally for 25+ years now!  Love what I do.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @RosemaryF433825 !!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous  and @catwoman500 , just scheduled my 2nd one for tomorrow.  They recommend you get it ASAP, but now there is an increased chance of still getting shingles.  I could have gotten it today, but I want to get a few things done and I already know my arm is gonna be sore. 🙁

@Anonymous , I'm in Virginia, too.  Southern fringe of NoVA.  Sun is trying to stay out here, but still windy and chilly.

The shed kitties around here are so spoiled with their own kitty encampments and regularly scheduled meals and nightly walkabouts.  😸  Have a new interloper -- BUC (Black Ugly Cat) who's been visiting on occasion.  Really need to TNR him too, but I am NOT trying to run a feral colony here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsStretch Yikes!! Never had shingles and had my 1st set of 2 last year. I am located near Roanoke, Virginia. Lol, so over the wind howling at nights. Sun is in and out. But no rain 🙂

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @DaveMcK no cafè today for you??? I was banned from it starting Sunday in preparation for my Monday molar extraction 😞 I am going to try to sip a little. Lol, dreaming about my missing daily cup. Nothing like having a morning cup while I look at the mountains outside my window 🙂

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MsStretch ... same question as @Anonymous …what do they do now that you missed the second shingles shot window? That’s a shame.

Was thinking of your fur babies yesterday when a stray cat strolled through my backyard. Hope they stayed warm.

I don’t think Mother Nature pays attention to the March in like a lion, out like a lamb thing. One huge gust of wind did something here in the night. The roof hadn’t blown off so I went back to sleep. This morning. I saw that one of the basement window well protectors was blown off and is in pieces on the back lawn.

@Anonymous …taking away your coffee is a cruel punishment. Maybe I’ll have an extra cup today for you. 😸

April fools coffee.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Out like a lion, that is what March is doing and April is coming in as same.  Cold.  Blustery.  Had to re-plug in all the furkiddy beds last night.  Heard a big clunk on roof during the night.  This morning I saw pieces of wood and bark and shreds across the deck. Haven't found the offending tree/branch yet, but running around in a bathrobe in high winds inspecting the grounds is not ideal.  Brrrr.

I was going to schedule my 2nd shingles shot and I missed my window. 😟 Thought I had gotten first shot in October, but it was September!  What with trying to work around the COVID vaccine, it fell through the cracks.  Shame on me. 😧

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsStretch oh no 🙂 How do they handle this? Do you have to start over or can you still get your 2nd one? Lol, got mine last year and tried to schedule too early. Hope you find the offending tree. The sun finally came out today in Virginia. Awful dreary day yesterday. I bet your furbabies are adorable. Try to stay warm. 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP