From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Inconsiderate People

Message 1 of 6

What is it going to take for us to get over ourselves.  The ever present cell phone.  Laws have been made to protect us from ourselves.  Texting while walking, oblivious to surroundings.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

I think some of the worst signs of inconsideration come while driving.  Not only rude and obnoxious, it can be deadly.  Road Rage?!  Don't get me started.

I try to bend over backwards to look out for the other guy, but when you're doing that, the guy behind you is getting pissed off.

You've just gotta keep a cool head and hope the person next to you does too.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

YES!!!!!

Oh, I so agree about this “La-la Land” brain condition people seem to have whether they are on their cell phones or not. Why is it OK to leave your cart in a handicapped spot and why are the cart returns so far from the handicapped spots? I get so annoyed when I go to pull into a spot and there is a cart there. It’s not like there are enough handicapped spots to begin with!

I can return the cart to the carrel because I can use the cart to help me walk, but then I have to walk back to the car! Sheesh! N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

What I hate most is when I find a car parked in the zebra stripped area for wheelchair loading! Also many cart returns are offered some distance from the handicapped parking area. I have gotten some places to move the cart return area closer. While we are on this topic I think as the baby boomers age there is an increased need for more spaces. 

access_5.jpgaccess_1_0.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

You're absolutely right! Since cell/smart phones, I think that the space around people to which they pay attention has shrunk; they don't listen, they don't look, and they don't care! The other day I was trying to pull into the one parking spot available at a small local store. A woman had gotten out of her car, and was so involved with her phone, she stood in the middle of that one spot, with her back to the street (and my car). You mean to tell me the sound of my engine running only 6' from her didn't catch her attention?! Why not walk to the front path of the store & get out of the way?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Inconsiderate People

Message 6 of 6

I could not believe it. I just don't understand the inconsideration that some people have for others. I take my brother to the grocery store every Friday morning. I park in a handicap space. I have a card, sorry to say that both of us need one now. He only had a few items to get so I decided to wait out in the car for him. I couldn't help but notice this young woman talking on her cell phone, while she allowed the child that was with her ( he looked about maybe 4 years old) run all over the parking lot. You talk about dangerous, she was not watching him, The way she was standing she couldn't see him anyway. She was facing the car with her back towards the parking lot. He grabbed a grocery cart and started pushing that all around, I thought he was going to hit a car and then when she did get off of the phone, she grabbed the little boy and pushed the cart he had into a handicapped parking space and left it there, meaning that space could no longer be used until the cart was moved. 

There is just no excuse for some people's actions.  

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season