From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Huge banner and ad across top of page

Message 1 of 10

@DaveMcK wrote:

I am not seeing an issue here! If you scroll the screen up parts of the AARP banner and all of the ad banner disappear giving you most of the screen to use.

Thank you for the info.   It worked on my tablet,  but not the laptop.   Any more suggestions.   Huge ad at top and then the AARP banner.  When I scroll banner etc. stays but body of message goes up and up  and up...ha.   I like working with laptop instead of tablet.  Thank you 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

I am not seeing an issue here! If you scroll the screen up parts of the AARP banner and all of the ad banner disappear giving you most of the screen to use.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

I don't like that freaking banner either. Have Ad blocker on Windows 8--the banner is still there.

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10
I'll second that.
What category 5 hurricane?
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10
has anyone at AARP paid any attention to this request; JUST MAKE IT SMALLER IF YOU VALUE US AS CONSUMERS THAT PAY ATTENTION. I am choosing the feedback today maybe I will get a response
bayside21
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

I know right? I'm running AdBlock Plus, but the dead space (no ad, just tiny letters "advetisement") is still there (Win 7 Pro). I'm also running Avast! so I can kill AARP's tracking cookies (which effectively kills your logon for USAA).

It's a pity websites/mobile apps *force* you to accept their tracking cookies in order to use their services. I can see map programs requiring you to turn on your locator, but no one needs to track your browsing.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@ph8322 I'm on a MAc, but think they do have different apps for different platforms; so yeppers, go find yourself the latest AdBlocker for Windows 10.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Does W10 have its own Ad Blocker,  or do I google and just find one?  Are they all the same,  Thank you

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@ph8322  Adblocker works well.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Huge banner and ad across top of page

Message 10 of 10

How do I get rid of huge AARP banner and advertisement across top of page.  Have to scoll down all the time...Thank you

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season