Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How about chat rooms?

Message 1 of 23

AARP Online Community Guidelines

AARP's Online Community has long provided a safe, vibrant, open forum in which participants can discuss a wide range of topics, from the serious to the delightfully trivial.

By participating in the community, you agree to conduct yourself with integrity and decency and to be respectful of others. You also agree to abide by the following AARP Online Community Guidelines, as well as the Terms of Service.

Violating these guidelines and terms may result in the removal of your content and/or the suspension of your online profile. In extreme cases, violations may result in the termination of your profile and access to the online community.

The Golden Rules

Our community thrives when each contributor follows the rules and helps to remove those who do not.

• Share what you know.

We welcome contributors willing to share knowledge and experience in a particular area or field. Conversely, feel free to ask questions, since chances are very good that someone in the community can answer your questions.

Link:

https://community.aarp.org/

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How about chat rooms?

Message 2 of 23

Does aarp have a chat room 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: How about chat rooms?

Message 3 of 23

In Response to RE: How about chat rooms? by we12hunt

Hi Linda, I didn't even know they were goldfinches or that they turned color.  I did see some mysterious birds on the fence that were yellow, but they aren't here often.  We see Blue Jays, Cardinals and doves mostly.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

In Response to RE: How about chat rooms? by irishmystic

What a beautiful picture of the goldfinches. I don't know where mine went. I've kept Niger seed out all winter and even now but haven't seen any here since they turned from the olive green.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

In Response to RE: How about chat rooms? by we12hunt

123Friendster.Com

Hi Linda, thanks for all the information you found on chat rooms, our new friend of the porch will have lots to look at when she gets back to us.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

In Response to RE: How about chat rooms? by EDIENOW

Hi Edie, it looks like Meadoes has lots of information here on chat rooms so she can check it all out when she gets back to the porch.  Thanks for looking into it for her.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

This is what I found on Answers.com concerning chat rooms. The closest I come to it is with the instant messaging.

Linda

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

An online discussion forum for a particular topic via keyboard (see chat). Everyone who is logged in sees what everyone else is typing, although two people can decide to break off and have a private chat.

Individual Chat Sessions

Chat rooms hosting general discussions often run continuously; however, chat sessions between two parties are often initiated as needed for customer service. If a Web site hosts a chat support line, it lets a user initiate a session and interact with a representative at the other end. However, that person is often helping several people, and responses are not usually immediate.

The Internet Relay Chat (IRC)

Chat rooms began in the late 1980s over the Internet and even earlier via the dial-up bulletin board (BBS). Today, a hundred or so channels in the original Internet Relay Chat (IRC) system continue while thousands remain idle (see IRC). See Internet forum, instant messaging, SMS and voice chat.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/chat-room#ixzz1JRnBTMF8

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

Pat,

I think Jonibee's description of a chat room may agree with my son's description of a chat room. That is, it being a "general"  term for different types of one-on-one direct electronic communications.  Just a thought.

-Edie

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

In Response to RE: How about chat rooms? by jonibee

Joni that's an interesting concept, maybe that is what Meadoes is asking about.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

In Response to RE: How about chat rooms? by EDIENOW

Edie that is good to know about and isn't it nice to have a son who can help out with questions, here we have our twenty-two year old grandson with all the answers.  Our daughter in Cape Cod also sent a skype to our middle daughter so her family can connect with her.  Our youngest and her family live here, so when Nancy does call us on Skype the whole household gets in the act!  You can also take photos with Skype.  I can't believe our Nancy will be 49 this summer!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.