Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HOWTO STAY YOUNG

Message 11 of 37
Thank you. It gives me something to do with my mind now that I'm retired.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 37

I'm staying active (young), though not athletic, by having both knees replaced.  That is, I had it done the end of June.  It will be a tough slog, but I'm already more active than I was with lameness.

Yesterday I used the leaf blower, the weed cutter and a broom.  I love gardening, and now I'll get back to it.  Stay tuned, wildflowers.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 37

I stay feeling young by playing senior softball, hockey, and soccer and by bike riding, marathon running, and cliff diving.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 37

I love that idea and thinking about doing it myself. Perhaps get one of those small electronic keyboards since I don't have room for a piano. I took lots of lessons when I was young, but I feel I've lost it all. I imagine for myself it would be difficult at first but that's the whole point.  Learn something new!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 37

I'm so inspired that you're getting your PhD! That's fantastic!

Deana Gold
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 37

Since I started studying the piano (I use the Upper Hands Piano books for adults 50+) I've noticed that my memory has vastly improved. I'm not searching for words so much anymore, and I feel like I'm just more" with it". And it's really fun playing the piano, even if you're a beginner like me. I started lessons because I've heard it so often that piano lessons are good for the brain. It's definitley true for me. I feel like my old self. Here's a link to the books:

https://www.amazon.com/Upper-Hands-Piano-Method-Adults/dp/1470151790

Deana Gold
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 37

I spend 1:30 minutes at least 4 days each week at the gym doing cardo and weights.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 37

Good for you! I am a foreign language professor and I love to surprise my students with a few words taken from their own vernacular. I find dictionaries of current slang and now and then throw out a word into the classroom conversation that keeps things "totally lit" and the students "staying frosty." The bonus: They think I'm okay for a 62-year-old fat lady!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 37

Too Stay Young, after aging gently, think about your habits, attire, and interests.

Walk the dog every day for a half mile. 

Buy casual clothing like jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts , forsaking the conservative dark suits, pressed shirts, and conservative neckties of your former business / professional world..

Buy the car of your dreams (Corvettes in my case), and go on lots of road trips to see our great country.

You won't lose anything but your stiffness and false dignity.$_1.jpg

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 37
If you rest you rust,walk the dog,chase the women that can still run,play with the grandkids,you'll have a full and fun day.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark