Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Funny Stories - I Survived a Shark Attack

Message 1 of 1

This takes place in Nassau, Bahamas many years ago. We decided to go to the beach. My girlfriend was going to sunbathe and I went snorkeling. There were a number of people in the water so my girlfriend lost track of where I was. After a while I found myself caught in the current. It was going out and I wanted to go in. I quickly found that it was too strong for me. If I didn’t get out of this soon I was going to end up in Cuba or South America. I knew the only way to get out of this was to swim parallel to the shore.

I started to swim down the coastline. There would be openings for a beach and otherwise, it was a very rocky coastline. I was going to have to keep swimming until I reached another beach. As I was going along I noticed that the water was getting deeper and the fish were getting bigger. I started to hear the “Jaws” theme playing in my head.

I knew if a shark was going to attack it would come from below and behind me. I pulled the dive knife out that I had strapped to my leg. I decided that I would not go down without a fight. My head was on a swivel trying to look in all directions. When all of a sudden, I saw something black out of the corner of my eye. I thought this was it. I’m going to die. I spun around with my knife in my hand prepared to stab the beast. I quickly discovered that I had seen my own black swim fin. Now, I started to laugh at myself for having been so stupid. I’m just lucky that I didn’t stab myself and then attract some real sharks. If anyone had been watching this I’m sure they would have been laughing hysterically. I regained my composure and started swimming again.

Finally, I saw an opening in the rocks. I swam up to the beach and got out of the water. Now, this was not just any beach. It was a topless beach. I decided to stay and rest awhile after my near-death experience with the “Black Fin” shark. After I had rested, I decided to walk back down the beach to where my girlfriend was. She had dozed off and had not even missed me. She was completely unaware of my afternoon adventures of almost being sucked out to sea, attacked by a shark and stranded on a topless beach.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies