Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Finding a great southeast town

Message 1 of 3
Asheville, North Caroline might be right for you.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Finding a great southeast town

Message 2 of 3

Hi!  I live in Macon, GA and we have a large art community for a town of around 250,000.  We have 3 colleges/universities here in town, all with art departments.  There is an art association with a gallery in both Macon and Warner Robins which is 11 miles to the south.  Macon is in the center of the state and both the beach (Savannah) and the mountains in N. Georgia are within reach for day trips.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Finding a great southeast town

Message 3 of 3

My husband and I currently spend our winters in Myrtle Beach.  I don't plan to use it permanently because it doesn't off everything I need or want.  It does have lots of restaurants, 2 theatres, cinemas, parks, walking trails and the beach with a lovely boardwalk.  What it doesn't offer is an art(visual arts such as painting and drawing) that I need.  Even though, I utilize the restaurants, theatres/cinemas, walking trails, etc, I find myself lonely and don't get any artwork done.  In the past, I have worked very well even completing pieces in a group setting.  I am a pastelist with some experience in charcoal and color pencil.   Also, the community we snowbird in offers more than 90 percent of its condos for vacation rental which detracts from making friends or even having a sense of community.  I really miss afternoon coffee klotches.

Anyone know of a town with opportunities for this?  I am thinking mostly southeast US and possibly Scottsdale or Santa FE in the southwest.  I want warm weather but prefer having a beach in driving distance.

Kudos
Views
Replies