Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Silver Conversationalist

Re: Favorite homemade family food

Message 1 of 19
Thanks for the recipe. Sounds yummy. I am always looking for something easy to fix. This is right u my alley. Thank you again
Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 19
@s166280s The banana pudding is a winner. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Thanks for sending the "Pony Puck" recipe, but I don't like jello so I didn't try it. Here's something similar to your banana pudding that my mother used to make. It's called Mock Cheese Pie.
You need a graham cracker pie crust shell. Then you need: 16 oz sour cream or plain yogurt, 1 tab. sugar, 1 small package of vanilla instant pudding, and 8 oz can crushed, drained pineapple. Mix filling by hand, pour into pie shell and refrigerate until set. I top it with grated dark chocolate or whipped cream. I hope you like it.
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 19

Hey Patty Diane.  Would love your baked oyster recipe!  Ann Marie

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 19

My favorite homemade food is oxtail and barley soup. I have grown up eating oxtails and as soon as I see them, I snatch them up  and take them home.😃

Silver Conversationalist

Message 5 of 19

Well shuckie darn, it sounded good, I guess some things are meant to be same ol same ol.  Right.  Have you tried the banana pudding yet?  I love the way the gramcrackers soak up the pudding.  Thanks for leting me know about the chocolate.  I also just thought of another great dessert that my MIL passed down to me.  I don't know the orginal name for it but...here goes.  Don't be grossed out, our kids always called it PONY PUCK.  I know I know sounds horrible but it is good.

The ingredients are:  1 Large box of Jello, you can use whatever flavor you like, we always do Strawberry, 1 large container of Cool whip and a medium cottage cheese.  Mix it all together good so you don't get crystaled jello.  Then a can of manadrian oranges.  Chill this is a yummy one too.

Message 6 of 19
@s166280s Stick with your recipe for banana pudding!. The chocolate pudding mixed with banana and graham crackers looks like someone had an accident in the kitchen and dumped the wrong thing into the bowl - they don't match! Also, the taste isn't great even though I really like chocolate pudding. It was worth a try!
Silver Conversationalist

Message 7 of 19
  • My favorite homemade family food is homemade banana pudding and my second favorite homemade for my BBQ side dish is homemade Cole slaw. And I'm going to show you guys.image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Silver Conversationalist

Message 8 of 19

I never thought about that.  Let me know how Chocolate tastes.  Have a great day!!

Message 9 of 19
@s166280s Thanks for the recipe. It sounds delicious and also easy, a great combination. I wonder how it would taste with chocolate pudding - I might have to try it.
Silver Conversationalist

Message 10 of 19

Sure it isn't very hard at all.  We use the gramcrackers instead of the vanilla wafers and the cooked pudding.  Make the pudding just like the directions, layer gramcrackers, slice banana then layer them.  Repeat layers.  It is so good, his mom always made this and I think the secret is the cooked pudding instead of instant pudding.  I hope you like it.  Good pudding to you!!

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors