Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Exercise at 80

Message 1 of 2

@mb176263 wrote:

When you are 80, it is not all lost.  I got my exercises from my physical therapist, starting back in the year 2000, when I had my first knee replaced.  Mostly there are stretching exercises, but I couldn't 

get out of bed if I didn't do them each day.  They are online, too.

@mb176263 Good for you! I'm glad you have found exercise to be of great benefit in your 80s.  I was just thinking about writing up a post about an 81 year old man I know who races recumbent bikes. A few weeks ago he rode up California's Tioga Pass unassisted. The man is quite an inspiration, in part because he decided to keep fit. (He also plays in a band, and volunteers at a genealogy library, and keeps the rest of us in good humor. Smiley Happy)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Exercise at 80

Message 2 of 2

When you are 80, it is not all lost.  I got my exercises from my physical therapist, starting back in the year 2000, when I had my first knee replaced.  Mostly there are stretching exercises, but I couldn't 

get out of bed if I didn't do them each day.  They are online, too.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.