Do you ASK for discount? UPDATED WITH AARP DISCOUNT LIST

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you ASK for discount? UPDATED WITH AARP DISCOUNT LIST

Message 11 of 44

Notice:

AARP Member Advantages is the name for a collection of products, services and insurance programs available to AARP members from trusted third parties. AARP member benefits, including all goods, services and discounts on this site, are provided by third parties, not by AARP and its affiliates. Providers pay a royalty fee to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. Provider offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact the provider directly for details.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 44

On March 2, 2018, I too asked for my previously free donut with the purchase of an extra large coffee and was told "the deal" no longer existed. However, as along time customer, I was given a free donut one last time. This interaction has confused me as I did not see a notice from AARP that "the deal" no longer was available. Simply, does "the deal" still exist and it is up to indvidual locations to honor, or not honor "the deal"? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 44

I am not sure what is being discontinued from AARP discoints! This is a very inclusive program with discounts on insurance, cell phones, hotels, restaurants and more.

Here is the Web site for AARP discounts:

https://advantages.aarp.org/en/home.html

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 44

@elite8539wrote:

as of today March first 2018  you no longer get a discount for aarp

Hi @elite8539  I'm confused. Could you be more specific? What establishment are you talking about?

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 44

as of today March first 2018  you no longer get a discount for aarp

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 44

I just went to a location on US Hwy 1 in St Aug. I didn't want the coffee and asked if there were any alternatives and the clerk said no and didn't seem to care about my concerns as a customer. I have gotten discounts at the two Saint Augustine locations near I 95 so it may be a case of a franchised locations keeping their own bottom line.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 44

@DaveMcK wrote:

I do not go to Dunkin Donuts as I am not a fan of their coffee and donuts not on my list of foods because of my diebetes. As to why you maybe turned down for your free donut is that these are most likely franchised shops and are not required to honor the corporate promotion that are honored by their shops.
I have had a problem with Starbucks booths at hotels and grocery stores as they are also franchised booths. BUT STILL KEEP ASKING EVERYTIME YOU SHOP!

I'm with @DaveMcK: the more we ask, the more merchants will know that to offer a senior discount is good business.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 44

I do not go to Dunkin Donuts as I am not a fan of their coffee and donuts not on my list of foods because of my diebetes. As to why you maybe turned down for your free donut is that these are most likely franchised shops and are not required to honor the corporate promotion that are honored by their shops.
I have had a problem with Starbucks booths at hotels and grocery stores as they are also franchised booths. BUT STILL KEEP ASKING EVERYTIME YOU SHOP!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 44

I had done a lot of traveling this past year and would always stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee. On many occasions I was told that my free donut was only with the purchase of a large  "coffee" and not any other type of large drink, or I was told that they don't honor the free donut at all. Anyone else having this problem?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 44
The shop I visited under register name"MD-FX-TD-Dunkin Donuts Reg 2" at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia doesn't honor AARP membership at all so no free donut with purchase of L/XL size coffee 8-(. I will try my luck at the shop locate in Main Street this weekend and keep my finger cross ;-).
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.