Do you ASK for discount? UPDATED WITH AARP DISCOUNT LIST

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you ASK for discount? UPDATED WITH AARP DISCOUNT LIST

Message 1 of 44

25 Restaurants That Feed You For Free On Your Birthday

https://www.shared.com/restaurants-birthday-freebies/?utm_source=homemakingtips&utm_medium=influence...

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 44

Yesterday I asked for the AARP 30% off discount at a locally owned and operated Pearle Vision shop and was told that the deal was either insurance OR the discount. That's not what the web site says, so rather than argue with the manager, and because I'd just decided that the frames I had picked out were not right for me anyway, I'm going to call another local Pearle Vision and get clarification on this policy from them before I start frames shopping again. Well, before I go to Pearle Vision to frame shop, anyway. Smiley Happy

Here's the discount text from the web site:

"“See” more savings with your AARP membership at Pearle Vision, a participating retailer of the AARP(r) Vision Discounts provided by EyeMed. Show your AARP card or tell the sales associate that you are insured with a plan that carries the AARP name to receive the following discounts:

• 30% off standard plastic lenses for single vision, bifocal and trifocal complete pair

• 40% off Transitions Lenses for single vision, bifocal and trifocal complete pair 

• 30% off a frame with purchase of lenses

• 30% off lens options for UV coating, tinting (Solid and gradient), standard scratch resistance, standard polycarbonate, standard progressive (add-on to bifocal), standard anti-reflective coating, other add-ons and services

• 15% off frames or lenses purchased separately

• 10% off disposable contact lenses purchase"

But hey, at least I asked. Smiley Wink And imma gonna ask again, too. Smiley Happy I do think that they mean to say here that uninsured AARP members can get these discounts and that those with an AARP branded Eyemed insurance can as well. I hope to find out for sure.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 44

To be more precise, I contacted Dunkin Donuts directly about this and their reply was that their partnership with AARP was discontinued. That's why Dunkin just recently stopped honoring the AARP discount. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 44

I was just at the Dunkin Donuts on West 87th Street in Chicago and was informed that AARP cards are no longer honored. I suppose their corporate office has no idea how many seniors have spent their money in their stores! Well, they won't be getting anymore of MY money!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 44

Rule of thumb: Always Ask!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 44

Rule of thumb: Always Ask!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 44

I was told today at my local DD here in Scottsdale, that the free donut discount ended last month, and that it is a corporate decision - not store by store/franchise option.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 44

If it’s a cup of coffee and a donut, it’s Dunkin Donuts.

Discount acceptance is purely up to franchisee, whether they accept or not.

I use AARP 10% or Military 20%, some will accept one or the other.

You merely ask which stores are owned by same franchise and move on to non-owned will accept.

Problem solved, doesn’t get in the way of My DD great one French Vanilla.🤣Or my 8 lb’s Of FV with my Military Discount.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 44

@Epsterwrote:

@elite8539wrote:

as of today March first 2018  you no longer get a discount for aarp

Hi @elite8539  I'm confused. Could you be more specific? What establishment are you talking about?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 44

@DaveMcKwrote:

Notice:

AARP Member Advantages is the name for a collection of products, services and insurance programs available to AARP members from trusted third parties. AARP member benefits, including all goods, services and discounts on this site, are provided by third parties, not by AARP and its affiliates. Providers pay a royalty fee to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. Provider offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact the provider directly for details.

@DaveMcK  Good information. Thanks for posting it.

For anyone needing more information, here's a reminder for where to look on this site for a list of AARP membership benefits: https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/?intcmp=DSO-HDR-BENEFITS-EWHERE

You can navigate to the Member Benefits page from this page, by clicking on the words "Member Benefits" located in the red navigation bar across the top of your screen.  It looks like this:

How to find a list of AARP Member Benefits on this siteHow to find a list of AARP Member Benefits on this site

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.