Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do not Confuse Mermorial Day With Veterans Day

Message 1 of 3

@catwoman500 wrote:

I think people do confuse these two days and while any day is a great day to recognize our military, Memorial Day/Decoration Day (I know when I was a kid we used to call it Decoration Day) is really for those fallen in the line of duty and service. I also think that so many people just want to honor our patriots and military that they take any opportunity to do so and in doing that they lose sight of the difference.

Plant a flower, plant a tree, raise a flag. N.

I would add on Memorial Day take a moment and bow your head in honor of those who gave their all. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do not Confuse Mermorial Day With Veterans Day

Message 2 of 3

I think people do confuse these two days and while any day is a great day to recognize our military, Memorial Day/Decoration Day (I know when I was a kid we used to call it Decoration Day) is really for those fallen in the line of duty and service. I also think that so many people just want to honor our patriots and military that they take any opportunity to do so and in doing that they lose sight of the difference.

Plant a flower, plant a tree, raise a flag. N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do not Confuse Mermorial Day With Veterans Day

Message 3 of 3

Don’t Confuse Memorial Day With Veterans Day

by Cindy McMullen May 25, 2017 11:41 AM

Neal CookNeal Cook

Here’s some ground rules for this weekend, Memorial Day Weekend.

Don’t confuse Memorial Day with Veterans Day. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the country’s armed forces, while Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans and is observed in November.

Read More: Don't Confuse Memorial Day With Veterans Day | http://961theeagle.com/dont-confuse-memorial-day-with-veterans-day/?trackback=tsmclip

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.