Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Coffee !

I've been all over these forums & can't find the 'right forum', so mybe i'll find an answer on the front porch ?  Smiley Very Happy

I have 2 cans of 'cheapie' coffee ; tried mixing them so they would be more flavorful, but not-so-much did it work. Might buy a more spendy brand & mix them, but in meantime, anyone have any ideas on how to make these cheap brands taste better ?

Thanks !

Sandee2
Super Contributor

@Epster, You know, I was going to suggest simply discarding the cheap coffee and buying some good quality, but I hadn't thought of any of your ideas above.  Great advice, especially the spices.  🙂

Tamara

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ss11943859 - Sometimes it's really not cheaper to buy a cheap brand, if you need more of the product, for it to be as flavorful, as a slightly higher quality brand.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Regular Contributor

I have purchased cheap coffee a time or two and i did not enjoy it as it seemed watered down, was tasteless and a bit chalky.  When I buy coffee, I find that if I read the information listed on the coffee package I get the description of the coffee type,  the flavors, the boldness of the coffee, and where it is made.  This  helps me to determine what coffee to buy at that time , and when I brew my coffee at home I truly enjoy it A LOT!   My friend told me to buy coffee beans that I can grind at home and to put the package of the coffee beans in the freezer until I am ready to use them.  I follow this suggestion but not sure if it really works better than to just putting the coffee bean package in the pantry.  Anyhow, i truly enjoy and love coffee!!

Periodic Contributor

I used to hate coffee, but now I just love it! I do not drink more than two cups of coffee a day using this coffee maker, so as not to harm my health and sleep well

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@Glo894323, I agree with that; I've tried grinding and freezing my coffee beans as well and didn't notice any discernable difference.

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for We want to do a lot of stuff; we're not in great shape. We didn't get a good night's sleep. We're a little depressed. Coffee solves all these problems in one delightful little cup." Jerry Seinfeld

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for We want to do a lot of stuff; we're not in great shape. We didn't get a good night's sleep. We're a little depressed. Coffee solves all these problems in one delightful little cup." Jerry Seinfeld

Honored Social Butterfly

soup of the day.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

coffee oclock.jpgoh and coffee.jpg

Don't mind me: I discovered the Twitter account called Cats and Coffee. Lots of fun coffee memes there. 🙂  

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

coffee liquid optimism.jpg

🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP