Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Coffee !

I've been all over these forums & can't find the 'right forum', so mybe i'll find an answer on the front porch ?  Smiley Very Happy

I have 2 cans of 'cheapie' coffee ; tried mixing them so they would be more flavorful, but not-so-much did it work. Might buy a more spendy brand & mix them, but in meantime, anyone have any ideas on how to make these cheap brands taste better ?

Thanks !

Sandee2
Anonymous
Not applicable

(4 comments) Any coffee drinkers out there? โ˜•๏ธ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

yup,me lol. Same routine about every morning. Stir around 5:30, say good morning to the furry ones. Thats not usually that hard since all 3 are camped somewhere on the bed beside me. We plod to the kitchen for coffee and treats,being extra careful not to mix up the distribution. They dont want coffee and I definitely dont want treats. We EASE into our morning and spend some quality time on the porch watching the day begin. By the time my second cup of coffee is done its their breakfast time. Bring on the day. ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ผ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Ive always got up that early,ever since I was a little guy.. Guess I just hate to miss anything lol. I luv the morning. The day is just being born as I watch the sun rise over the mountain to the east. My little furry ones are always with me,helping me get started. Oh yes,and the coffee doesn't hurt either.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment  (12/26/22) Lol @LeeS4949 , has Buster torn down your Christmas Tree as yet? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚Thanks, Nicole 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Not yet lol. Hes too busy tormenting Olivia ( who secretly likes the attention I think) Im SOOOOO happy that you are doing your happy dance. I hate that you were cold.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

WELCOME BACK TO THE FRONT PORCH COFFEE CLUB

Hoping you all had a great morning coffee time. It was very foggy here in South Wisconsin until 10:00 AM. We drove to Milwaukee in the fog to see friends.

_ (1).jpeg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Contributor

Maybe use it to flavor some ice cream, as in chocolate to mocha

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment โ˜•๏ธ Good Morning @DaveMcK have not had my cup as yet, still in bed! ๐Ÿ™„ @ss11943859 , @LeeS4949 , @AliceH343683 , @catwoman500 - had yours as yet? Happy Monday, Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Anonymous...Ready for my second cup right now! ๐Ÿ˜บ

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm up extra early today! Looking forward to the coffee maker to do it's thing.

_.jpeg

Silver Conversationalist

My old coffee maker reminds me of my first old battered pickup truck I bought in high school. Not pretty, but always got the job done.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone one out there on this cloudy and cold Wednesday morning! May we take a moment of silence and pray for those that are in the path of the storm system that has generated multiple destructive tornadoes.
I'm sitting here sipping my first mug of coffee watching the Morning news.

Anonymous
Not applicable

7 comments (11/24/22)  Hi @ss11943859 , I just checked to make sure you are still posting and yes you are. Lol, such an "old" post but had run across the same issue myself last month and wondering IF you figured something out? ๐Ÿค”Happy ๐Ÿฆƒ Day, Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good Morning! Happy Saturday! Wishing you a great day filled with peace and joy.

Small-front-porch-Christmas-decor.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments โ˜•๏ธSaturday - November 26, 2022 10:45am ESTโ˜•๏ธ

Always awesome hearing from you @DaveMcK . What brand coffee do you and Mary use? Same question to the rest of our AARP Online Family. Lol, me - use to buy the "expensive stuff" but I guess my body changed and no longer ENJOYED the"taste". Coffee no longer keeps me awake. ๐Ÿ™„ I can drink it at bedtime and go right to bed. I now use the famous Walmart "use to be cheap" ๐Ÿ˜ฑ brand and add my "very expensive" creamer of Hazelnut and French Vanilla. The Walmart creamer is yucky in my opinion.๐Ÿคฎ I "rotate" the creamer and using Coffeemate. Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Mary and I drink a 50/50 blend of  Starbucks Samatra regular coffee  and Duncan Donuts decaf. 

It is a bold and smooth blend.

Try it you will like!

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments ๐Ÿ‘‰ Hi @DaveMcK , I use to luv STRONG coffee but I guess like with "fast food" I no longer enjoy them. Sounds delicious!!! Any other coffee drinkers out there? Tell us about likes and dislikes. Do you have a favorite mug? I have just 1, Dave @DaveMcK has a whole store display of them. Do you do instant or have a machine and so on. I do instant, too lazy to clean a machine. My daughter has one. Or maybe you are a Starbucks regular. I have not had my 1st cup as yet, but heading that way! Just finished unpacking my Walmart bags. Nicole โ˜•๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Big coffee guy here. Id take it intravenously but I hate needles. Its not so much the coffee itself but the experience that goes with it. I'm an extremely early riser thus giving the coffee pot top priority. Actually its a Keurig,i found that doing a cup at a time i wasted far less coffee. I rise,plod slowly thru the darkness,all the while waiting for my 3 kamikaze cats to begin their morning ritual of weaving tightly around my ankles. After precariously arriving at the counter and snapping the machine on, i spill an spurt of milk followed by an equal dash of french vanilla creamer into the cup. After placing it in the Keurig I deal out kitty snacks. This accomplishes 2 very important goals. First It removes the " gang" from around my ankles and second buys me a few minutes of total quiet,punctuated only by beautiful soft purring. (some of which is the cats.Yes,I love coffee that much) About the time that I can see the bottom of the cup I hear the first bird chirp of the morning,telling me its time for cup number two. A simple but fulfilling ritual shared with me by 3 of my closest friends.๐Ÿ˜บ Its my favorite time of day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment @LeeS4949 what are the names of your cats and ages? Lol, they say they "own" us/lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Penny 18,Olivia 17,and Buster 9. Penny is Olivia's mom. I rescued them both from the streets. The vet told me that had just a few weeks because of malnutrition and disease but here they are lol. Buster just needed a home after a very tough start with a bad human,That was almost 5 years ago. now he serves as the pain in the butt little brother to the other 2. YES!!!! They certainly own us,or at least act like they do. Cat school is so hard for humans to cope with isnt it?

Honored Social Butterfly

May all of you have a blessed Thanksgiving day! May you have your fill of turkey, stuffing, cranberry dish, and your favorite food this turkey day.

Honored Social Butterfly

ON THIS DAY NOVEMBER 22, 1963: DEATH OF THE PRESIDENT
Shortly after noon on November 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated as he rode in a motorcade through Dealey Plaza in downtown Dallas, Texas.
May we take a moment from sipping our morning coffee to wonder what may have been had he lived.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Sunday Morning to all of our coffee lovers who are staying inside on this 14* day with new coating of from yesterday. It is time to warm up my coffee mug with more coffee.

223737-Front-Porch-Christmas-Tree-And-Decorations.jpg

FB_IMG_1668957528635.jpg

FB_IMG_1666533253524.jpg

FB_IMG_1666813351280.jpg

FB_IMG_1664112775978.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

WELCOME BACK TO THE FRONT PORCH COFFEE CLUB FOR AFTERNOON COFFEE AND COOKIES

Good afternoon to all of you that enjoy a break on the last day of the week Friday the 18th 2022. Have a great weekend one and all.

_.jpeg

images (1).jpeg

164.jpg

il_fullxfull.3989697982_aa3x.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning coffee friends ๐Ÿ˜
Happy (thankful) "Thirsty Thursday"

I'm ready to celebrate this God given new day with some good fresh hot coffee. Woke up this morning feeling grateful to be alive and thankful for so many blessings in my life. I've been through the fire and tested but I've come out better and more refined. The more the adversity the stronger I become. I am truly blessed!!!

IMG-7326.jpg

FB_IMG_1668696680931.jpg

FB_IMG_1668695588065.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Wednesday morning to everyone out there!

5513299056602fe96d5478da27d251c5.jpg

FB_IMG_1668615612981.jpg

FB_IMG_1668615642491.jpg

FB_IMG_1668615674840.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1668345473564.jpg

That would be forsure! We have the remains of yesterday's first snow on the ground this morning. Not all that much of a cover forsure. Say about an inch or so. Definitely coffee time that is for sure.

IMG_4703-1024x687.jpg

FB_IMG_1668198912195.jpg

FB_IMG_1668198774464.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to all of my military Brothers and Sisters on this Veterans day 2022!

When is Veterans Day?

Veterans Day is celebrated every Nov. 11 with parades, ceremonies, concerts, speeches and more events across the United States. The federal holiday is typically observed on the same day every year, but if Nov. 11 falls on a weekend, it is observed on the closest weekday. This year, Veterans Day falls on Friday, so it will be observed Friday, Nov. 11, 2022.

What is Veterans Day?

Veterans Day is a national holiday that originally began as Armistice Day on Nov. 11, honoring all members of the U.S. armed services. It coincides with other holidays around the world, including Remembrance Day, marking the end of World War I on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918. In 1954, Congress passed the bill that President Eisenhower signed, officially changing the name to Veterans Day to honor all military veterans.

You already know why Veterans Day is important. You are the service members, veterans or family and friends of veterans who stay up-to-date on Veterans Day events in your area.

Veterans Day is a time for us to pay our respects to those who have served. For one day, we stand united in respect for you, our veterans.

veterans-day-lp-header.jpg

2022-Veterans-Day-restaurants-1800.jpg

Many local businesses offer discounts and free meals. Check your local news papers or news media for listings. Also Google for nation chains listings.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning coffee lovers! It is in the low 30's with a little snow on the roof!
Will be watching the Wisconsin/Iowa football game this afternoon.
Go Bucky Go!

6136967b189808710fdc80b928f25112.jpg

FB_IMG_1668263087351.jpg

FB_IMG_1668261646724.jpg

FB_IMG_1668198667237.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Bright and sunny this morning with strong storms moving in later today! 

FB_IMG_1665713912738.jpg

FB_IMG_1668086652465.jpg

girl-hands-holding-a-coffee-mug-on-a-wooden-house-balcony-at-country-forest-resort-2ED7TCF.jpg

FB_IMG_1666134587368.jpg

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP