Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Coffee !

I've been all over these forums & can't find the 'right forum', so mybe i'll find an answer on the front porch ?  Smiley Very Happy

I have 2 cans of 'cheapie' coffee ; tried mixing them so they would be more flavorful, but not-so-much did it work. Might buy a more spendy brand & mix them, but in meantime, anyone have any ideas on how to make these cheap brands taste better ?

Thanks !

Sandee2
Honored Social Butterfly

67168602_2302837299830808_6244183399506903040_n (1).jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK wrote:

67168602_2302837299830808_6244183399506903040_n (1).jpg

Dear Dave,

Thank you for this one.  I musta missed it earlier.

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for beautiful coffee sayings

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1542497801444.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

or a small pot!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Social Butterfly

NOT SURE I TRUST PEOPLE WHO DON'T DRINK COFFEE ! WELL, OKAY, TEA IS GOOD ENOUGH- SOMETIMES, IF YOU CAN'T 'WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE"- THANKS, ANN LANDERS!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for beautiful coffee quotes

Social Butterfly

I'D ADD BROWN SUGAR!
Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

I think we’ve all had those mornings no sugar.

Tried brown👍

Maple Syrup👍👍

Confectioners👎

Turbinado/Raw👍👍

Then there are just black coffee moments.🤣

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

DRANK IT WITH LOTSA CREAM & SUGAR AS A TEENAGER(MOTHER WAS A SERIOUS COFFEE DRINKER)& AS I MATURED, I WENT FROM A.M. HOT CHOCOLATE SHE MADE ME TO COFFEE. EVENTUALLY AS I LIVED ALONE&INDEPENDENT AT 17, I WENT TO A SOPHISTICATED STATE OF ONLY CREAM, THEN GOT ON THE BROWN SUGAR KICK IN MY 20'S. & THAT'S WHERE I'VE STAYED. CAN DRINK A REALLY GOOD CUP BLACK IF I MUST. IT'D BE INTERESTING TO KNOW HOW MANY OF US COFFEE DRINKERS GOT THE HABIT FROM OUR PARENTS.
Honored Social Butterfly

@l483260l 

Have to blame my addiction to the beans and how best drunk to my sister. My mother was straight tea drinker or cream and sugar, because that was the way it was done. Canadian via England.

Still have a momentary gag reflex whenever I look at anything other than an Earl Gray.

Sisters 3-year age gap brought me to the Beans, percolated.

Dunkin Original And drip maker to my pleasures.

Working for coffee roaster - Nirvana.

So, my ‘38 electric percolator has been retired. Now, it’s drip,12V drip also,  French press,electric expresso maker and Cuban coffee in a Bialeta.

Have a few backup devices, ever lose power with only electric appliances you need backups. Camp in the woods or with wood stoves, or RV’s you just need backups.

For brown sugar fans try a Cafecita Cubano , you may just experience Heaven on Earth.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Social Butterfly

LOVE STRONG COFFEE, BUT I'LL ADD THAT THE ONLY ONE EVER TOO STRONG WAS CUBAN- FULL STRENGTH CAN BARELY DRINK ONE CUP; WATERED DOWN, MAYBE COULD DRINK A BIT MORE. WHAT IS IN CAFECITA CUBANO, BESIDES COFFEE& BROWN SUGAR?
Honored Social Butterfly

@l483260l 

Don’t like Cuban coffee that’s sacrilege. Perhaps you didn’t try properly brewed, like in Little Havana Restaurant in Deerfield Beach, FL using Pilon, etc. Try con leche (with milk) instructions in video.

Or my kitchen, RV or Camp🤣. Have Bialetti will travel. I’d be the type of Coffee drinker to pour  several shots into a DD great one cup, for the night.

Match it with a Cuban sandwich and it’s heaven. Sub roll, roasted pork, ham, mustard, Swiss, kosher dill thin sliced and grilled with a brick atop. Dang!

Hopefully giving correct video - hot night.🤣

https://vimeo.com/194188082

The hazard of working for coffee broker, never thought I’d like Civet Coffee until - couple of pounds fell into my bonus pack.🤣

Turkish Coffee for super strong coffee, can stand a spoon in it.

Froze

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

THANKS FOR HOW-TO VIDEO; MAY TRY IT SOMEDAY. WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT TYPE OF COFFEE MAKER? DUH- A COFFEE THING I DON'T KNOW! AWWWW THE HORROR, THE SHAME! PLEASE DO TELL !
Honored Social Butterfly

@l483260l 

Coffee maker is called “expresso maker or Bialetti or Primus for brands.

First one discovered/gifted while working in 1982 and still using .

Only thing that might need replacement is the seal between top and bottom sections but, mines remained intact.

Price is downright affordable on them, have packed and taken them on hikes on APpalachian Trail, yes I do have an addiction to beans🤣

Examples- 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bialetti+type+coffee+makers&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari...

Froze

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

LOVE STRONG COFFEE-  HAVE USED FENCH ROAST SINCE 80'S, LONG BEFORE IT BECAME TRENDY. VERY BEST WAY TO MAKE COFFEE IS CONE DRIP- BOIL WATER ON THE STOVE( GAS- IN CASE POWER GOES OUT!)= THE BEST & STRONGEST, BUT ELECTRIC DRIP IS EASIEST & READY WHEN YOU WAKE UP, IF YOU HAVE AUTO TIMER. MOTHER ALWAYS USED PERCOLATER, THEN SWITCHED  TO INSTANT WHEN IT WORE OUT. TOO BAD I NEVER BOUGHT HER A "MR. COFFEEE" OR SIMILAR.

FOR TEA, EARL GREY IS GREAT, BUT I LIKE LAPSANG SOUCHONG FOR A HEARTIER CUP!- RED ZINGER OKAY TOO- LOCAL HONEY ONLY.

Honored Social Butterfly

Brown sugar, @l483260l ?  Now, that's a twist.  Never tried it so I guess I can't knock it.  Smile.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

NOT AS SWEET AS WHITE- GOT IT FROM A GOOD OLE COUNTRY BOY BROTHER-IN-LAW WHOSE FAMILY MAY HAVE BEEN TOO POOR TO BUY STORE-BOUGHT WHITE SUGAR!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I DON'T SPEAK COMPLETE SENTENCES TIL AFTER THE FIRST POT!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Wake Up! ;)☕

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1560611438966.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

SHOULDN'T THAT BE" MORE OKAYISH"?
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1557926888483.jpgFB_IMG_1557926940136.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Related image

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP